Test Drive multiplayer Thur Nov 2 @ 8.30pm EST

Organise online games for XBL / PSN / PC / Switch

Moderators: General Chaos, Candy Arse, jizzlobber

Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

So yeah, this is tonight. Remember that you don't need an invite to a private lobby like a lot of games - you just need to show up at the clubhouse. If you get disconnected or show up late then you can also join back in at the clubhouse.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

I haven't played this for awhile now so I'll probably be a bit rusty. Not that it matters - Hercy will punt me off the road on the first corner (then I'll take an alternative route and pile into everyone at the next intersection as I rejoin the race...or something).
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Don't think I will be able to make this :(

Having some mates come round for some PES gaming goodness.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Doesnt matter, you dont have a headset anyway! ;)

Ok, I dont know what version of 830 you are going by, but by this post you guys are 10hrs ahead which means I can be home possibly around 9ish your time. Might be a little later but I will hop on and see if you guys are around. Try and get those banana seats at Rancho Relxo used abit more!.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

I am indeed headsetless.. though I'm becoming a wiz at typing messages.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Love to see that while you are racing down the highway at 300kph! :D
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I'm all set for tonight :D Seeya there!
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

t0mby wrote:Ok, I dont know what version of 830 you are going by, but by this post you guys are 10hrs ahead which means I can be home possibly around 9ish your time. Might be a little later but I will hop on and see if you guys are around. Try and get those banana seats at Rancho Relxo used abit more!.
Melbourne, Sydney, and Canberra time as shown here.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

so... uh is that 7:30pm my time? QLD!

awesome, that makes things easier for me :D
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

How did this go?

Couldn't make it due to PES6 allnighter with mates.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

It was good. Certainly better with more people. The game has some...issues, but it's still pretty fun.

I wish there was an option to let all players race until the end rather than starting a countdown when the first player finishes the line. A couple times there we were watching a good battle in progress before it just stopped because 10 seconds or whatever had elapsed.

Some of the lag issues have interesting consequences. Sometimes you'll see a car in front of you wildly jumping around all over the road. Other times there will be a continuous trail of smoke, which makes it hard to see. At one point I was hooning along in a cloud of smoke, which suddenly gave way to a nice view of the ocean (which I promptly flew into).

It would also be nice if missing a checkpoint just added some time or something, rather than forcing you to turn around and go back.

We managed to get a bunch a few of us together for some stuffing around in free ride too. Doing jumps, smashing into people, the usual juvenile stuff - good fun. Except I got sent to jail.

Edit - also, once they have the photo upload facility worked we should get some cool pics out of it.
Kreghor
XBL ID: Kreghor

Post by Kreghor »

It was a good session. Shame my headset has decided it no longer wants to work... :evil:

The free ride was awesome fun. not as much lag, which was strange....
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

If another one gets organised I'll be keen to come along.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Was good fun, and I thank all the people who showed up for participating.
:up:

The game itself though...
I don't think I saw a solid Kreghor all night. Kreghor was skipping around all over the place on mine. And getting caught in someones lag cloud spray cone is not pleasent. I was behind Twit when he went screaming through the smoke and off the edge into the ocean - that was very cool.
Strangely, there was voice lag and skipping which I haven't experienced since the original xbox - so that was odd. Me and Ram had some very close races (as usual). :)

All in all, to me, there is no reason to play this online over PGR3 which is a far superior online racing experience, EXCEPT to play against you guys.
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

We managed to get 7 people along which was cool. Getting into the same server instance was much easier than I'd been led to believe by the internet. I think the piss-farting about in free-ride is probably more fun than the staged races. I think that's where this game has a point of difference over PGR3, just in the sand-box style tomfoolery that can be had.

Twiztid, I agree that the online code isn't a patch on PGR3. I don't know if something was up with Kreghor's connection though because he was the only one to be constantly skipping all over the joint for me. I was getting a lot of break-up in the voice chat though.
Ram
NEW ZEALAND GOVERNMENT INTERNET 1.1

Post by Ram »

Cheers for the races guys,that was good fun.
The lag was a bit of a pain in the races but for the most part is was ok.

The jumps we were doing in freeride were hardcase,i snapped a couple of good photos.I cracked up larfing a few times on the cruse.Dodging traffic at full noise then looking behind to see someone stack into the AI cars is awesome.:D
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I couldn't seem to hook up with you guys for free-ride. Still the strength of the single player is excellent. I was playing well into the night when all you guys were long gone.
Kreghor
XBL ID: Kreghor

Post by Kreghor »

The lag last night was pretty bad. Most of the time I could see most people fine, But I was getting the same issue with others jumping around, and lots of smoke......

Does it use the TDU servers for these, or does one persons machine become the host?
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

awwww man I missed the free ride. That would have been awesome. I could have gotten my skyline out with the sweet paint job :D
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I did pop on that nite but by then most people had left, none were logged into xbl. I did have a lot of work to do though so I couldnt really skip that to come home. Once Ive settled in though it'll be sweet. Working your own hours ftw!
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Anyone feel like meeting up tomorrow night, say 8.30pm EDST? That's Wednesday the 15th for the calendarally challenged. Meet at the club because it's easy, but then we could either just cruise and muck about, or try to enter into the public multiplayer races?
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

I'd be up for it tonight if anyone else is. I haven;t touched this game since PES6 arrives, so I'll be a little rusty...