Newbie, rather possibly Neverbie on Xbox Live

Organise online games for XBL / PSN / PC / Switch

Moderators: General Chaos, Candy Arse, jizzlobber

The Adza
PSN ID: The_Adza

Newbie, rather possibly Neverbie on Xbox Live

Post by The Adza »

Just need a bit of help. Im in an area without cable, or ADSL and my only broadband option is this Next G from telstra. All i really want to know is can i connect to xbox live with this (stupidly expensive for slow internet) service and if so will the ping times make playing online impossible. Its the only thing that has stopped me from buying a 360 as it seems to be all about the LIVE experience. I havent seen too many great games that are single player centric.
Pat

Post by Pat »

XBox Live needs at least 256/64 connection speeds. I think 512/128 might even be the minimum for 360, but Im probably mistaken there.

What speed can you get with the Next G network?
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

Is Telstra your only option? Are you in a regional area?
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

a/s/l
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

I thought next g was faster than adsl/adsl2 and cable? At least thats what i was told from a telstra rep trying to sign me up to it.
The Adza
PSN ID: The_Adza

Post by The Adza »

Yes., telstra next g would be my only option for broadband as i am in a Rural Area. what sux is my Bro in law lives 1.1 kms away and he can get adsl but i can't. From all the info i can gather it seems that Next G is really expensive for slow "broadband". Sure its fast if u want to download something, but online play is meant to be up to shyte!. If it does work with XBL i have no idea. Thought someone here might know. My only option to get ADSL is to move me thinks. Which isn't an option. I just wish Australia wasn't lagging behind in the broadband technology age we live in. 1 kilometer extra. That's all i ask!!!!!!!!! sheesh.
Pat

Post by Pat »

How long can cat-5 cables get? 1km? :D
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild
XBL ID: westical

Post by westical »

Satellite. Shame about the lag though...
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Pat wrote:XBox Live needs at least 256/64 connection speeds. I think 512/128 might even be the minimum for 360, but Im probably mistaken there.

What speed can you get with the Next G network?
I dont know how this guy did it but in GP a guy claims hes playing GoW on 56k with fellow Kiwis. I thought the 360 did tests to make sure the connection speed was up to scratch, unless hes configured it at someone elses on BB then networked it to 56k back home.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.