Moderators: General Chaos, Candy Arse, jizzlobber

Blotto
Man Fairy
XBL ID: Blotto Otto
PSN ID: Blotts
Steam ID: Blotto_Otto

COD3 War - Wednesday night at 9:00pm EST

Post by Blotto »

there's a few guys at 'The Lobby' who have organised a 2 hour session of WAR for COD3 on wednesday night...

we should all pull together to get a 24 player game going.... I think they 10 already... would be good to get a 24 player local game going.....

any takers?

I've got both sets of guys on my friends list so i can do the invites etc... (you guys probably know all of em anyway)
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I'm working that night. Otherwise I would so be there.
Kabal
LOUD NOISES

Post by Kabal »

D'oh wednesday is my World of Warcrack raid night.
[size=67]Currenty playing: SFIV, Forza 2, RE5[/size]
Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
XBL ID: Juzbuffa1

Post by Juzbuffa »

I'm in for it
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen through your eyes...

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I won't be home until around 9 tomorrow night.

If there's space,send me an invite.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I'll be in on this, so long as I don't have band practise.. :up:
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild
XBL ID: westical

Post by westical »

So 10PM in NSW, VIC & TAS?
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Says 9PM EST.
I'm in for this, though I have soccer on tonight, not sure what time... will have to fit it in around that.

PS - I suck at this game.
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild
XBL ID: westical

Post by westical »

Which is 10PM in NSW, VIC & TAS.
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Yes, you're right. Bloody daylight savings. Can someone please clarify the start time of this.
Kreghor
XBL ID: Kreghor

Post by Kreghor »

I'm in. My copy only arrived today, so I better get some pratice in....
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

I'll be able to make this.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

I can't make it tonight unfortunately. :(
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

I'll be home from soccer in time for this.

I played some MP today, and the lag can be a bit of a pain (that's my excuse for being crap damnit). I jumped in the passenger seat of a truck with another player, and it was crazy.. the truck was going all over the place. Not long after I saw someone hop into an invisible car and drive off. It may or may not have been the German version of Wonder-woman.. unconfirmed as yet.
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

For anyone wondering about the timing, the original thread is here which says 8pm EST and 9pm EDST.
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Yeah, so this didn't go as well as it could have. It seems that many people from GR were having troubles connecting - not that surprising given the reputation COD3 seems to be getting as needing fairly specific router settings for some people. Luckily I haven't had any problems with my router since my first PGR3 night when I had to update the firmware.

A couple of us set up our own public game which was going swimmingly until a Yank joined and immediately started calling everyone niggers and fags. That was the end of lestat and Juz in short order...
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

That's a bugger...but as there's been this,GOW and the Vegas demo all in around a week I think it'll take time for the dust to settle before the numbers are there for large matches.

Vegas on the other hand will be big right off.It's the first real R6 game in years and the first for 360.

COD3 will be better in a month or two,when everyone has it or they see the light and trade cod2 for 3.

It really is a sensational game that'll be overshadowed by GOW and Vegas for a little while,but it'll still come into it's own light later.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I'll see you all in a month then. I'm not getting vegas.
Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
XBL ID: Juzbuffa1

Post by Juzbuffa »

Hercy wrote:A couple of us set up our own public game which was going swimmingly until a Yank joined and immediately started calling everyone niggers and fags. That was the end of lestat and Juz in short order...
I didnt hear the Yank knob get on, I think I just quit out at the right moment. Was that the War game on the dam level where I went 23-8 and almost singlehandedly won the game with my .30 cal? :wink:

I did manage to join the big game twice but both times it crashed on the loading screen when I tried to swap class mid game. So I gave that up and jumped back on djbigk's game of CTF where I went 23-18 and got 3 flag saves and 2 flag gets including the win :D
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen through your eyes...

DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Good one Juzz.... :) I actually left that game, and then rejoined the game that you were in.. and thankfully was on your awe-inspiringly good winning Allied side.

I got into the big game a couple of times, most of the times it would just have the black loading screen and that's it. Once it actually loaded me on the map.. I tried to get in a truck and nothing happened... then about 10 seconds later I was in the truck, and driving.. the rest of the truck was full, and I'll sure the other were wondering what was wrong with me... I crashed the truck and it was blown up.. I died, and it went back to the black loading screen. ARGH! For the record the game only showed up as one/two stars for the connection quality for me, did others have the same issue? If we have another of these I wouldn't mind hosting. When I was hosting I set it for 16 private players and 8 randoms.. the randoms just happened to be obnoxious yanks.. I can't really make out what peoiple say online, because I don't have a headset, and there's too much coming through the speakers... though i did hear Juzz saying fucking bullshit a couple of times (50,000) :P
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Yeah i hadn't planned on getting on because i had to do late night testing with the korean markets from home. But yeah had a lot of connection issues, not sure why i think it might of been my net connection or something. But yeah finally got a game going and then i had to bail. We'll have to try again, i suspect the game needs a patch to rectify some of these connection issues.
Kreghor
XBL ID: Kreghor

Post by Kreghor »

I had major connection issues with it last night....

Never had any before. I corrected the router to ensure that the 360 sits outside the firewall....

It was a strange issue, as I could create a server & join other random ones fine.... Maybe it was an issue with the host?
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Kreghor wrote:I had major connection issues with it last night....

Never had any before. I corrected the router to ensure that the 360 sits outside the firewall....

It was a strange issue, as I could create a server & join other random ones fine.... Maybe it was an issue with the host?
That's what I was thinking considering I have had no problems at all previously.
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

I couldn't work out how to see who the host was while in-game. Maybe because COD3 can reassign the host on the fly, unlike most games where everyone will be kicked out if the host drops.