Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Vegas tonight!!!!

Post by AgOnNy »

Hey fuckers,

Lets get a big ass game of Vegas going tonight.
Australian Idol is finished, so some of you like Pat have no excuse!!!! :P

I propose 8pm ADST (Sydney time). I fyou cant make it at that time, thats cool, but make a show. If we can get at least 16 people, that will be great.

DONT BE CUNTS!!!!!!!!!! (or im coming for your wife)
Last edited by AgOnNy on 10 Jan 2007 08:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Charlie Uniform November Tango
Last edited by Lepo5 on 03 Dec 2006 01:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tales

Post by Tales »

I'm in. See you then, dude.
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/TalesAU][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/TalesAU.png[/img][/url]
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

i'll play 'till 9
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

I shall be there.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Possibly there...
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Re: Vegas tonight!!!! Sun 3 Dec 2006

Post by Twiztid Elf »

AgOnNy wrote:DONT BE CUNTS!!!!!!!!!! (or im coming for your wife)
I'm a cunt. I don't own Vegas. And you couldn't handle my wife little man. :P
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

You want.. ATLEAST... 16 people?

WTF?

You can't even have that many in a game unless it's a dedicated server.

I might show up, VEGAS owns my soul.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I can host a dedicated 16 player if you like.It means I can't play but I can make the sacrifice.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

My point wasn't that we need a dedicated server, it's that wanting more players than a normal hosted game can even have as a MINIMUM might be reaching a bit :P

I'l take 7on7 with mister gun over 8on8 without him.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Oh you're sweet.
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

7 on 7 is fine. I just want to get a bunch of us together.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

I haven't played this game yet, but I do own it. If you're just looking for numbers or fodder then I can show up for an hour or so if you like, but I will suck.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

I hate to say it, but I didn't find that fun at all. I thought it would be slower paced and involve more teamwork and tactics 'n stuff, but it seems to just be run 'n gun.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

Twit wrote:I hate to say it, but I didn't find that fun at all. I thought it would be slower paced and involve more teamwork and tactics 'n stuff, but it seems to just be run 'n gun.
it's still new so most people don't know the maps, can't have tactics without that.
when I was involved in rs3 clan matches there was a lot more of that, we all knew what each other was doing and we communicated a lot... MUCH slower too, heaps of camping.

tonight was very fast and careless all round.
Tales

Post by Tales »

Sorry - Double post..
Last edited by Tales on 03 Dec 2006 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/TalesAU][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/TalesAU.png[/img][/url]
Tales

Post by Tales »

I'm sorry Agonny, but I can't hear you over your constant TEAMKILLING.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Yeah about tonight.

Inviting me is only worthwhile when I have the game.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

I agree with that sentiment
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

Jismlobber wrote:
Twit wrote:I hate to say it, but I didn't find that fun at all. I thought it would be slower paced and involve more teamwork and tactics 'n stuff, but it seems to just be run 'n gun.
it's still new so most people don't know the maps, can't have tactics without that.
when I was involved in rs3 clan matches there was a lot more of that, we all knew what each other was doing and we communicated a lot... MUCH slower too, heaps of camping.

tonight was very fast and careless all round.
The scenarios didn’t seem very conducive to slower paced tactical play. Didn’t the first one have a fairly short time limit? The maps also weren’t very good - too fiddly and confusing, not very immersive and not particularly sensible either. On a couple of them you could start shooting people within 2 seconds of the start, which doesn’t lend itself to forming tactics.

Although the cover controls work well, there seems to be less emphasis on using cover than in GoW. Run and gun seemed to be the order of the day, and unlike gears that sort of play seemed to work just fine. And what’s with the unlockable armour crap? I can understand having unlockable stuff just for looks, but if any of that actually gives you better protection then it’s not good for parity.

Anyway, I got this for co-op play with a couple friends so it doesn’t matter, but I don’t think I’ll be doing much of that sort of multiplayer. Just not my cup of tea I guess.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

Twit sadly you are right, but it's not the nature of the game my friend.

There are a few things stopping it from being the true tactical shooter it should be at the moment:

First off, nobody knows the levels.. So nobody knows how to call out a certain area ("He's up stairs over there" is something I heard ALOT).

Second we have equipment, trying to balance out the huge load of equipment is proving difficult, so far I've come to the conclusion that having more than 1 type of explosive (frag/incin/c4) makes the game a total run & run spam fest with those weapons, so I've disabled most of them. The next item I'm thinking of chopping is GPS (most servers have this one disabled) but that's a touch call - It will mean no more people relying on their radar, more tactical cover/eyesight.

Next up we have the real problem - Voice chat bug. I think it only happens cos we arn't playing on a dedicated server, but when a shitload of people join on my host, first my framerate goes to shit when all 10+ of them are alive (worse than any spot in the old SP demo) then randomly the people who can hear each other seems to split up.. It goes into little groups, where chainheart can hear figgy and lestat, figgy can hear both of them + me, and I can only hear figgy and jism - Hypothetical example.

I hope you wern't put off too much by the experience as we are still going through some teething, once the equipment selection is narrowed down, people learn the maps, and we get a dedicated server going (I might be able to do this as there will be a few copies + 360s in my home) I expect DRASTIC change in how this game is played.

Sorry you're not feeling it yet Twit.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

You should definitely switch off GPS. What’s the point of setting up a nice little ambush or sneaking around a long way without being noticed if the enemy can just spot you approaching on radar from a mile off? WTF?
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

I reckon the mp is ace, lots of fun, but weapon balance is all off.

For starters assault rifles are crap for medium/long range, way to inaccurate on the first shot. where as with most smg's I can snipe people from across the map. The assault rifles should be much better for medium/long range with burst firing. Overall I just see people sticking more with the smg's because they're just much more effective at all ranges. Sniper rifles are good in terms of accuracy and rate of fire, but i've had a couple wtf moments when hitting people, ie they don't go down. Right now there isn't a lot of incentive to use any besides smg's.

Grenades seem overpowered, they have a very large blast radius and you can't hear them, most games you can hear the grenades bounce, but the grenades in vegas are silent which isn't right. I've had 1 or 2 lockup issues which appears game related because i can press the guide button and hear the guide sound but the rendering stays locked. Seems like a render thread deadlock/bug in the code.

Netcode seems pretty good, games don't lag you can't notice any lag in firing which is great, cover system works pretty well 95% of the time, there are some issues with certain walls/cars were you don't actually put your gun out when you expect. Framerate is excellent, I've noticed very few framerate hitches, although the graphics took a hit in mp, they still look pretty nice and there seems to be some for of AA being used too.

Single player is fantastic, I'm really enjoying that.
Last edited by lestat on 04 Dec 2006 05:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

Yep twit I will be disabling GPS, and yeah lestat I know about grenade imbalances that's why I'm trying to pick just 1 explosive device to keep enabled.

At the moment I think maybe it will be incendiary grenades as they have a smaller radius than frags but I'm not sure.. C4 is harder to use than both of them but has more potential for being cheap.

The game will become a crapload more strategic when we have the item restrictions balanced and a dedicated server will hopefully fix the voice chat problems.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

When I host I'm more likely not to disable anything until we know what really isn't wanted.

Though grenadas do have a rather large blast radius,I've found incendiary grenades don't kill unless your target has been hit a few times first.They seem to be ineffective on their own.

I also still don't fully understand what makes someone appear on the map as a red icon...is it firing,standing and running or just being sighted?