Live Headsets

Organise online games for XBL / PSN / PC / Switch

Moderators: General Chaos, Candy Arse, jizzlobber

Reckers

Live Headsets

Post by Reckers »

What headset do you guys recommend?

I like the look of the Plantronics X30 but I'd like to know what you guys are using. Thanks.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

The X30 is good but I didn't like the volume/mute on the cord.

I alternate between the official wireless and an old live headset soldered into a 360 headset dongle.
Reckers

Post by Reckers »

Is the official wireless comfortable?
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

yup
Reckers

Post by Reckers »

Thanks, Cletus. Anyone eles got an opinion? I don't want to be seen as biased. :D
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Yeah its comfy, the wireless one. The only problem with it is (and its a small one) is if you leave the room and o out of range when you come back it can cause interference for the others so you have to switch it off and back on again. Other than that.....

If you played every night you would have to charge it daily though from my experience.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Professor of Grand Theft Autoligy

Post by offline »

I got a wireless headset the other day but have been stuck into VP (too addictive) which means that I haven't done anything with the earpiece other than put it on - feels comfortable. Now to actually see if it works... if I can pull myself away from the Piñatas.
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

I like the official wireless one. It may not have the best quality possible though, but I think it's still ok. The biggest factor for me liking it though is not the fact that it's wireless (though that is cool) but rather it seems to be the only XBL headset that isn't painful for me to use for more than 30 minutes.
Kreghor
XBL ID: Kreghor

Post by Kreghor »

I got the wireless for Xmas. Great piece of kit. It does pick up a lot of background noise though. So it can be a bit of an issue, when the other half comes in and yells at you half way through a session.
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

Pointy Cat wrote:I like the official wireless one. It may not have the best quality possible though, but I think it's still ok. The biggest factor for me liking it though is not the fact that it's wireless (though that is cool) but rather it seems to be the only XBL headset that isn't painful for me to use for more than 30 minutes.
The original standard xbox headsets were so much more comfortable than the 360 ones are. T0mby's old meets new creation sounds like a winner. I use the default 360 one, just because it allows me to change the volume and use mute, though if the old one did that I wuld use it for sure.
Reckers

Post by Reckers »

Thanks. guys. Official wireless it is then.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

DjBigK wrote:Cletus' old meets new creation sounds like a winner. I use the default 360 one, just because it allows me to change the volume and use mute, though if the old one did that I wuld use it for sure.
Fixed and there are a few tutorial sites around.

It took me all of half an hour to get right and I've got no skill in soldering.

The result is an infinitely better headset than the official 360 wired piece of crap.