Virtual Console Friday / WiiWare

Organise online games for XBL / PSN / PC / Switch

Moderators: General Chaos, Candy Arse, jizzlobber

BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

:boobies:
Excuse me grey, how many VC games do you have and which ones? I would like to know how many fill up a wii. Thank you for your help.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

lolz, I will respond.

Just... tomorrow. Okay.
Talez
Choc #2
Choc #2
Location: Froggy's basement faking being in the United States

Post by Talez »

Mine is almost full.

Two more N64 games and it will be. I'll put up my list tonight.
K.T.Shoe[BMs]
Still a rookie
XBL ID: MrSlow88
PSN ID: MrSlow88

Post by K.T.Shoe[BMs] »

For everyone's info, I just rang Nintendo and the Wii only accepts SD card up to 2Gb (any brand).
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Hah, what a piece of crap.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Axelay and Super Metroid this week.
ALx

Post by ALx »

Loved Axelay back in the day
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

and for boomy

TG
  • Bomberman '93
MD
  • Golden Axe
    Gunstar Heroes
    Story Of Thor
    Streets Of Rage
    Streets Of Rage II
    ToeJam & Earl
    ToeJam ^ Earl 2
NES
  • Kid Icarus
    Punchout!!
SNES
  • Castlevania IV
    DK Country
    DK Country 2
    Super Mario World
    Super Probotector
    Link To the Past
    Super Mario Picross
N64
  • Sin & Punishment
    F-Zero X
    Paper Mario
I think there are 93 blocks remaining
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

GreyWizzard wrote:Axelay and Super Metroid this week.
:yawn:
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Holy crap Grey! :shock:

I only have Gunstar Heroes & Ristar ahahaha
Pat

Post by Pat »

GreyWizzard wrote:Axelay and Super Metroid this week.
Woo! Get!
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Super metroid is great for those who haven't played it yet. But when I played it all those years ago I played it to death so I think this would be a good title for a aging gamer dad to show his son and encourage him to sample what oldschool metroids were like. (no restrictions like fusion, no fpv like prime, graphics good enough so you could see the sprites animating rather than be bogged down in 8 bit console limitations)

Axelay: great FX for its time. Shooters weren't the biggest thing for the snes though. It was all about the platformers and furry, cutesy, animal, mascots that wanted to be the next mario that it's known for. (as well as being the rpg system to own due to all the Squaresoft games)

What I would like to see next for SNES:

The Ninja Warriors. (about cyborg ninjas that go along and beat things up - remember the 3 screen arcade game? One of my fave taito arcade games..)

Story:
The game is based in a dystopian future where the Bangler, the President of the United States in 1993, issues martial law on the nation, with the military having total control over the law - but not the ninjas. A group of anarchist scientists decide that it is time to revolt against the government. Knowing full well that approaching the military themselves could be considered an all out suicide mission, the scientists create two prototype cybernetic ninjas that can sustain various forms of damage in order to do the mission for them. These ninjas, code named "Ninja" and "Kunoichi", are sent by the scientists in order to assail Bangler and end his tyranny once and for all.
Well the version for snes was a remake and this is the one I want to see on VC.

There is also a remake named in Japan as The Ninja Warriors Again for the Super NES, though in North America and PAL territories it was named the same as its predecessor. It shares a similar premise. In this game, the player has the option to play as three different ninja robots: the strong but slow Ninja (different from the previous game), the average-leveled Kunoichi, which appeared in the previous game, and the fast but fragile Kamaitachi. The plot is a heavy expansion of the original's, in which a rebel group deploys the robots in order to assassinate Bangler. Each ninja has its own set of moves. They can also assume a deffensive posture and charge a power bar that allows them to unleash a blast that attacks all enemies.
Never got a chance to play it when it came out.. Curious to see what it was like since I only played the arcade game and the port that was on the amiga.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

^graphics of the ninja warriors on SNES.. Does anyone remember this game back in the 16 bit days? Was it any good? I can remember reading a review of it in super play or some other snes mag and it got a score of somewhere in the 80s-90s. So yeah I would love to plays this as a fan of the old arcade game. Taito should have a break from the darius games and give this franchise some loving.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Haha, the only reason I know of that Ninja Warriors game is because of the song Daddy Mulk that's in it, is featured in one of the Taiko no Tatsujin games..
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

This week we see:

Yoshi's Story N64
Super Air Zonk TGS
Magician Lord Neo Geo.

World Heroes came out last week... sweet. Although... maybe it wasn't as awesome as I remembered as a kid.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

GreyWizzard wrote: Yoshi's Story N64
Oooh, I never did play that.

And by the way, anyone who hasn't got Dragon's Curse, do yourself a favour and get it now. Best game ever.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I dunno... there are some games... I can't recall what... stuff no one would really care about anyway.

The interesting thing is the video preview package for Metroid Prime 3. Has a few vids for the upcoming game. Seems to only be a 4:3 presentation though. well... the vids seem to be fine but the background image seems to be 4:3. Crazy.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Ninja Warriors hauled arse, I loved the Amiga version. How do you make ninjas cooler? Make them cyborg ninjas. I seem to remember being able to type in "skippy" to make all of the enemies bounce. :lol:
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

this week I'll mention the games.

Blue's Journey - Neo Geo
Powergolf - TG16
Super Mario Bros 3 - NES

I really can't see why they don't just split up the snes versions and give us those. I love the remixes of the tunes in SMB3.
R.O.C.C.O

Post by R.O.C.C.O »

GreyWizzard wrote: Super Mario Bros 3 - NES
Downloading this afternoon :up:
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Double Dribble - NES

Also earlier in the week was the release of the Mii Contest channel. You can now enter and vote on Mii's from around the world. Occasionally there will be contests, the first one is design a Mario sans hat. When entries close uses will be able to vote on which mario they think is the best.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Ninja Warriors hauled arse, I loved the Amiga version. How do you make ninjas cooler? Make them cyborg ninjas. I seem to remember being able to type in "skippy" to make all of the enemies bounce.
Yeah but this is the snes version which was a remake of the entire game. So everyone: go pressure nintendo to get taito to release this game for me please.

I've got "Taito Legends" for pc from crazy clarks for $5 and these old school arcade games are fun. They should try to make a new Ninja Warriors for DS. Only these new cyborgs are ones that can climb walls and shit like normal ninjas would do. Copy bionic commando and add grappling hooks and shit! Then allow you to use things like crossbows and other enemies' weapons to complete the mission. (not just throwing stars)

Being a cyborg back then meant you had to walk slow, but ninjas are fast, so they need to quicken the pace of the game more (something closer to what strider 2 is) and allow them to be more like bionic woman (less like the terminator) or something where they can freely super jump from danger and shit like the one in metal gear solid.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Bubble Bobble - NES
King Of Fighters '94 - NeoGeo

If I was a KOF fan that would be hella tempting.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Baseball Stars 2 - NeoGeo
The Dynastic Hero - TG16 (looks like another wonderboy clone)
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Alright now we're talking! KOF will get a few purchases here and there but I find it such a shame how baseball stars is likely to be over looked by most - its a great game, go for it.
pilonv1
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Pokemon Snap out soon for 1000 points :up: