it's snes sf2 right?
arcade perfect?
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

snes SF2, no additions. As perfect as the snes got I guess...

Also including huge borders for the PAL release.
Corey
Immersion Patent Expert

Post by Corey »

What rubbish (SF2 50hz etc).

I never liked MK64 and I already have MKDD and MKDS.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

SNES version played great but the looks were definitely NOT arcade perfect. These days it's even worse by comparison.

XBLA SF > Virtual Rort SF

I'm still baffled as to why people actually paid money for a Wii at launch.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Same reason anyone buys a console on launch, there are games they want.
Corey
Immersion Patent Expert

Post by Corey »

Candy Arse wrote:SNES version played great but the looks were definitely NOT arcade perfect. These days it's even worse by comparison.

XBLA SF > Virtual Rort SF

I'm still baffled as to why people actually paid money for a Wii at launch.
I loved SF2 on snes. Played it every night with a mate for over 12 months.

I paid $599 for my Wii when you factor in the cost of an extra controller and TP. I've played 4 hours of TP and have no interest in playing it again. I know I will and who knows maybe it will all click and I'll love it. Wouldn't be the first time that has happened.

Not really making a point here just rambling so I'll end with......

Bill Murray > Kevin Costner
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I'm not sure if I'd disagree with that. Murray is absolutely the man.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Wii news channel is up.
Pat

Post by Pat »

OK, Wii News has basically the best graphical interface of any programme Ive ever used. I'm interested to see what others think of it.
Pointy Cat
What Amazing!
What Amazing!

Post by Pointy Cat »

It's pretty nice. The whole globe thing for news is an interesting idea that works quite well.
Pat

Post by Pat »

I'm just impressed with the text font scaling, the layout and the like. The globe integration is a bonus.

As is the help (pointy) cat.
Pat

Post by Pat »

I also caved in and got Super Mario Bros (which Ive never played except as Great Giana Sisters or briefly at my cousins place) and Mario Kart 64.

Should I get Super Probotector and SF2 anyone? (800 points each or $12 AUD each)
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Just grabbed the news channel. I could sit it on the globe view all day. That is great. It's like those movies you used to see of the future which had a wall which displayed the news head lines and you could click and point at a topic and see the details of it. I now live in the movie future :D
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Pat wrote:Should I get Super Probotector?
Expect many smashing of controllers and gnashing of teeth if you get this Pet. :D
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

news channel is cool, the slide show mode is the best, but i wish it would loop, and fetch new news while it did this so you could have it on as a kind of screen saver. it'd be cool if you could set it to go through the news, then the weather, then the mii parade, then around again.

speaking of which, i have 53 miis in my parade - how many does everyone else have?
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

33 I think. Yeah I wished it looped too.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

SNES version played great but the looks were definitely NOT arcade perfect. These days it's even worse by comparison.
True. The main advantage over the megadrive version was that the snes could display more colours. The real version of Street fighter was the champion edition (or was that hyper fighting?) where some extra frames of animation (like ryu/ken's crouching strong or E.Hondas proper jumping animation) were in it and no throw cheating allowing.

Let me explain what that was in Street Fighter II World Warrior: it was when you could do a heavy jumpkick or any attack on a person but as soon as you landed and the opponent was still in stun animation from the heavy attack, you could just grab the cunt and throw him. No grace period or anything like the arcade original. This was fixed in champ edition or hyper fighting edition which was ported to snes too. (closer to perfect but only in gameplay not sounds and graphics)

Other things that stood out were everytime you did a special move like a shoryuken or hadoken the tone of the characters voice would change according to the strength of the button you pressed. Something that wasn't in the arcade version. Often you could do a slow hadoken on blanka because it is harder for him to jump over, and then burst in with a hadoken using ryu/ken at the last possible moment to take advantage of dragon punch invincibility. (an age-old trick especially popular by corner trappers with anti-air specials who want to control the distance and space from which the trapped opponent is allowed to jump off from) People who vary the speed of thier hadoken or the height of thier shoryuken will notice the strange change in voice. Like they just got hit in the balls and thier voice is higher pitched. It sounds funny.

I think Super Street Fighter would be a better downloadable game imo. I can't count how many fucking hours I spent playing that same game on my SNES. Even more than SFA3 on GBA. I love the simplicity of the Super Turbo games which I consider one of the more balanced of the SF games. And Super is the closest to it for snes.

But we must all look back at what the snes promised us back in those times with titles like Super R-Type, Gradius, Final Fight, TMNT Arcade etc These were all a arcade gamer's wet dreams! And when SFII:WW was announced and knowing that the snes controller had 6 buttons right out of the box to support such a game, must have made people piss thier pants. No more lining up at the arcades. Of course the reviewers ignored all the inaccuracies about the sprites, giving the game scores like 98% but at the time it was the closest thing you could get on a home console until the proper 32 bit systems came out. I think the 3d0 had the best version of Super Turbo following on from the 16 bit consoles. I was really tempted to get that dodgy console just for this one game! :D

Also Nintendo: Please give us Street Fighter Alpha 1. I just want to see how good the port of this was on the SNES because I never got to see it. I heard it was pretty good for a 16 bit console. Of course by the time this came out I think I was already onto playing SF alpha games on playstation 1. (I remember pissing my pants at pics of darkstlkers and SFA2 in gamefan, knowing they were "arcade perfect"; or close enough to be that, and wanting to fucking play these real bad! No more bullshit for arcade gamers once the 32-bit era kicked into gear..)

It's the same excitement I felt when I could finally get Street Fighter III and play it as much as I damn well wanted on the DC. Oh just as a sidenote: somebody please tell microsoft to please include Street Fighter Anniversary edition (the one with all the Street Fighter III games in it) in the next xbox360 backward compatibility update. Damn it sucks having half assed BC....
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
BOOMY
Verication guaranteed!
Verication guaranteed!

Post by BOOMY »

Wasnt it alpha 2 that was ported to snes not alpha 1?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I believe so.
GameHED

Post by GameHED »

Wasnt it alpha 2 that was ported to snes not alpha 1?
Wasn't sure myself. It probably was alpha 2 then. Did it come out in pal territories at all? Never actually sought it out.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Corey
Immersion Patent Expert

Post by Corey »

Anyone pick up MK64? I wasn't really interested but after hearing about improved image quality and framerate I'm thinking about picking it up.
Pat

Post by Pat »

I picked it up. So far Ive only done one cup and it feels much the same. It controls a bit looser than Double Dash from memory.
Corey
Immersion Patent Expert

Post by Corey »

Stupid lack of demos.

I picked up DKC last week. My wife had a go on the weekend and she was ready to put the wavebird through the screen. She actually completed it when it first came out but she just finds it really frustrating now. Being 9 months pregnant and ready to knock random people out when they say 'haven't you had that baby yet?' probably isn't the best time to get back into gaming.
Pat

Post by Pat »

Oddly enough! Make sure you order some more wriststraps then.
Corey
Immersion Patent Expert

Post by Corey »

She never plays Wii games.

I finally found a 360 for $598. No game though. Doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why!!!!!!!!???????????