Organise online games for XBL / PSN / PC / Switch

Moderators: General Chaos, Candy Arse, jizzlobber

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

I have a game running now if anyones interested. :)
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

t0mby wrote:I have a game running now if anyones interested. :)
I came, I played, I conquered!

:up:

..and to confirm, SB is small blind, BB is big blind. The small blind is always half of the big blind, and the big blind amount sets the minimum bet amount/increment. The small blind is always the person to the left of the dealer (except in head to head, where the dealer become small blind) with the big blind being the person two to the left of the dealer. The idea of the blinds is to ensure that more hands get played. In a tournament the blinds will periodically raise, this is because sa people are removed from the tournament the average chip stack of the remaining players increases. In addition raising the blinds helps to ensure that the action keeps moving at a brisk pace.

Also, in poker position is very important. The way you bet should not only be determined by the cards in your hand, and the cards that you believe your opponents may have, but also by your position in the betting order. Typically being in a later position is superior (the dealer being the last to act post flop). The small blind will be the first to act once the flop has been dealt, the big blind second, and so on. being in a later position means that you can get a 'read' off your opponents before you decide what to do. To counter this people in earlier positions, may put out a feeler bet to see who is really interested in the hand. Alternatively they may use their early position to their advantage by slow playing a good hand. Slow playing, is giving the appearance that you have a weak hand by not betting agressively, and only calling your opponents should they happen to bet. Traditionally you should only slow play in early rounds (pre-flop, post-flop, post-turn) although if you successfully slow play someone in a late position may believe they have a stronger hand, and you can allow them to dictate the initial betting, before eventually re-raising. Slow playing can be dangerous though, as it will often allow people to stay in hands chasing flushes, and straights down to the river, where-as stronger betting will usually see these sort of players fold their hands.

I could go on for ages, but I'm sure many of you know just as much, if not more about hold 'em poker, so I won't bore you all.