Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

360 GET!

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Hopefully later today.

I say "hopefully" because I went to Harvey Norman yesterday expecting to walk out with one, but they were sold out. They sold their last on Saturday :run:

So yeah, I'll be wandering around the place with a Harvey Norman catalogue trying to find someone who a) has stock and b) will price match. The most annoying thing though is that Harvey Norman no longer do the Massive Entertainment Pack + game of my choice for $700 (it would have been Vegas) which was far and away the best deal around :cry: but 360 + PGR3 for $598 is alright I guess. It would be good if I can choose any game though (instead of PGR3) because then I'll choose Vegas instead.

If not, I'll pick up Vegas next week :up:

:gaymove:

Will I need to unlock all the good cars in PGR3 single player in order to compete online, or will the default ones do? I need to make the most of the free month :D
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
jahooley
Baby you got a stew goin!

Post by jahooley »

Whah? I saw the Entertainment Pack in a HN catalogue like over a week ago!?!?!
Let us know how you go anywayz Ambrose. I am also on the hunt to pick one up in between now and mid Feb.
Ambrose Burnside

I think they still sell the Massive Entertainment Pack (assuming they have stock), just without the extra game of your choice for the same price.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

PGR3 has pretty much everything unlocked for online play so you wont be at a disadvantage!

Do you have a TV that can do 60hz yet? Even better do you have a TV that does HD? If not Grab yourself a cheap VGA lead from play-asia and use your monitor (assuming it is okish).
Ambrose Burnside

Whatever you do, don't take the sensible option and set up your Xbox Live account on PC beforehand. No free month of Gold for me! :? :owned:
jahooley
Baby you got a stew goin!

Post by jahooley »

What? thats fucked. So you're saying you should set it up once you get the unit itself?
Ambrose Burnside

jahooley wrote:What? thats fucked. So you're saying you should set it up once you get the unit itself?
Yep, and you'll have to use the controller to enter all the text :down:

I've seen someone set up the Xbox 360 before and that's how they set it up - free month of Gold for them. I take what seems like the sensible option by setting it all up beforehand - no free month of Gold for me :down:
amba
Nice beaver!
Nice beaver!

Post by amba »

1. You can use a USB keyboard on the 360
2. Migrations from XB1 get a month put onto their accounts, so maybe it's just new accounts
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/amba][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/amba.png[/img][/url]
Corey
Immersion Patent Expert

Post by Corey »

Give MS a call, Ambrose and explain what happened.
Corey
Immersion Patent Expert

Post by Corey »

Or use a different account name for the month trial.