FFS MS

Organise online games for XBL / PSN / PC / Switch

Moderators: General Chaos, Candy Arse, jizzlobber

Ben
Southpoor

FFS MS

Post by Ben »

I call today to get my credit card details pulled from my xbox live account (because I migrated it from the original xbox) and tehy say yeah yeah, so I get it done, and looking at my xbox.com billing shit all it fucking seems they've done is bloody cancel my account! I don't care so much that it's cancelled really, I didn't plan on having some big run tonight, but it kind of shits me that the one thing I did ask them to do is REMOVE THE CREDIT CARD DETAILS. And they didn't.

I just wanted the details pulled so that when tomorrow clocks over it's not going to auto-renew for me (something that you annoyingly can't unselect, it's auto renew one month, or three, or 12... arhg) and that if I renew again, my CC details won't still be on the system (because I'll be getting a starter kit) and I won't have to go through the same fricken hoo-hah again to stop the service from auto-renewing a subscription for me! :evil:

Granted, I haven't checked on my actual Xbox, so I'm possibly ranting about nothing (I'll be checking when I get home) but I'm pretty sure they are going to be there since my billing page still has the details there.

Fricken shitty service!! Give me a no auto-fucking-renew selection! :evil: :evil:
Seraph
The only seraph on the internet.
XBL ID: Seraphcon V

Post by Seraph »

I had the same issues when I got XBL for the Xbox. Signing up was as simple as putting a CC number on the xbox, but to cancel I had to spend 20 minutes on the phone with Customer Support.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Seraph wrote:I had the same issues when I got XBL for the Xbox. Signing up was as simple as putting a CC number on the xbox, but to cancel I had to spend 20 minutes on the phone with Customer Support.
No kidding, this is the second time I've had to go through this as I tried out one of those trial things on the original Xbox ages ago, after the 3 months I went to click the cancel account button on the Xbox and "Sorry you can't cancel this account at this time, please contact customer support". :down:
Professor of Grand Theft Autoligy

Post by offline »

Make sure you have it set to monthly just in case they decide to bill you again somehow.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

offline wrote:Make sure you have it set to monthly just in case they decide to bill you again somehow.
Yeah I set it to monthly a while back thinking in case I forgot I'm sure as fuck not going to get charged for a full year, but thanks for the tip :up:

Doing a bit more poking on my xbox.com account I may indeed be overreacting, as if I click on the upgrade subscription section instead of being brought to a screen having listed my gold account and the last 4 digits of the CC used, it only has a subsctiption code entry section, so I might be all good!

However when I get around to using my 48hr gold trial thing I got with Lost Planet, if the CC details come back into play I'm going to be a fricken miffed customer..

I guess I'm in the minority here because I migrated the account is probably why the details are stuck there, but even so I think it's a little crazy that the only way you can get your sub not to auto-renew is to call customer support.
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild
XBL ID: westical

Post by westical »

Are you using http://billing.microsoft.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ?
PhoneMonkey

Post by PhoneMonkey »

Shit, never seen that site before. Awesome.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

westical wrote:Are you using http://billing.microsoft.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ?
Sure am, and my details are still fucking listed on the Xbox :evil:
I was going to call them back yesterday and blast them but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now and hope that the cc details don't come back into play if I use my 2 dayer from LP special edition or get a new sub card.

The CC will expire at the end of the month anyway so I guess it mightn't be too much of an issue though, but I've heard about unrecoverable accounts for gamertags that have had expired cc attempted to charge against.