Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Actually mech you can play pso with a silver account and just pay your monthly access fee.

It is bull having to pay but honestly if you sat down and worked out how much you spent on games and accessories over a console generation, the actual cost of the machine would pail in comparison. console gaming is about cheap hardware and then making money of you in the long run.

PSN isn't free to run, it's costing sony money, they're only offering it free because they need something to attract people to their service which honestly still lacks of lot things. 1st party online stuff is good, but 3rd party stuff is still crappy, for instance demo downloads are lacking. All the latest 3rd party games, live gets a demo, psn gets nothing.

I think until ms start turning a profit on the 360, they won't even think of dropping the fee. Or unless psn catches up and matches the service feature for feature.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Pariah wrote:i hear they are clearing these from stock..because ms have new packs coming in?? wtf not sure how true that is...but i did see an ad on the xbl dash about new 12 month sub cards or something..very strange
Yeah you can get 12 month cards for $80 or less. There's also 3 month cards too I think.
Pariah
Street Fighter HD Remix Champ
Street Fighter HD Remix Champ

Post by Pariah »

well that sucks pilonv1...better get in a buy a few of these packs.. :lol:

i fucked up when they had the REAL cheap sale of the old xbox 1 xbl packs...jb was selling them for $30 i think and you know they dont expire and you can use them on your 360

as for sony..in my books the new playstation network shits all over what the ps2 had..and them offering dedicated servers is a big step forward for console gaming..

ms does have an OVERALL better package..BUT it really fucks me off when you get lag because of the p2p setup of almost every live game

im sure ms down the road will offer dedicated servers and im happy to pay for it.. :up:
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

mech wrote:
smelly ballsack wrote:i'm fine with the costs, had many good times
But in some ways it offers you LESS than the PS3 - i.e. in terms of dedicated servers and a lag-free experience. Let's say you'll play it for 5 years before the next Xbox comes out - you're looking at $400, which makes the 360 more expensive than a PS3 (and with fewer features to boot).

$400 to play online! That's insane! NO ONE else makes you pay for online gaming.
i'm not just paying to play games online though, it's the features, and simplicity/convenience.
yeah PS3 is giving XBL a shake but i'm still happy to pay for now.

$80 (max) for a year isn't a lot, I don't miss that money.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Well just remember your 360 cost you over $1000. ;-)

PS3 online needs a little bit of work, but overall it's a very tidy package for the whole zero dollars it costs. I have no probs meeting up with mates on there, the games I've got even make it really easy for you to all keep gaming together, which I've heard doesn't happen too often on live for ranked play. If Microsoft offered dedicated servers for live I'd have a lot less to bitch about though, and wouldn't be nearly as pissed off about having to pay for it. If online takes off on PS3 (and Motorstorm and Resistance both have great online communities atm), hopefully it'll prod MS into action, because really, apart from the dedicated server thing, Live is a great package.
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Just picked one up so thanks for the heads up. I still think I'm going to use the original XBOX headset. The 360 headset is uncomfortable unless you're bald.