DiRT Thursday

Organise online games for XBL / PSN / PC / Switch

Moderators: General Chaos, Candy Arse, jizzlobber

Pat

DiRT Thursday

Post by Pat »

We should organise a car club so we can have weekly matchups and races against eac .. oh, wait ... :suicide:
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Ive been sitting in the lobby for ages.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Pat

Post by Pat »

It's not thursday.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Forza Friday has a better ring to it.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I should have a copy soon. I can sit online and... ooohhh FlatOut.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

How about Flat Out Fursday?
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

Y'know what I hate? When you get to the end of a harrowing rally stage, when you're driving a car that is way over-powered for the slippery, twisty, bumpy track that you're on, when you haven't blinked or taken a breath for over a minute and you're thinking this could be a pretty decent time...and you finally reach the last bit...hit a bump...and smack into the finish structure and total the car.

Ever done that?
Cardsy

Post by Cardsy »

:lol: Yep many times!!!
Professor of Grand Theft Autoligy

Post by offline »

Twit wrote:you finally reach the last bit...hit a bump...and smack into the finish structure and total the car.

Ever done that?

That sounds like me doing the Nurburgring and Suzuka endurance races in Forza 2. Both times I had less than five laps when I moved ever so slightly and ran into the damn wall. How is it possible that after an hour driving (or close to) that I can suddenly lose it so badly.

In Suzuka I even managed to spin it when getting back on and slam back into the other side of the track. I still finished first but from now on I will sit still right to the end.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

Oh man...a Toyota Celica GT Pikes Peak + Pikes Peak Full, USA = 27 different kinds of bliss. Fucken awesome.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

GT-FOUR? I know that's not the one you're talking about, but is it in there?
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

The Celica GT-Four is in there under the Classic category. It's a fun one to drive too. Unfortunately that category continues through to a Lancia Delta S4, which of course is an absolute monstrous beast.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Im not far from the top of the Tier in carreer and suspect the last track will be the full monty of Pikes Peak.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Cardsy

Post by Cardsy »

How much do the big rigs suck?

FFS driving one of those fuckers on a hill climb is like piloting a barge in a wading pool. I don't understand why they included them ... retarded.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

Pikes Peak Full is about 3rd from the end. It's fucken brilliant too - fast and furious.

I ended up not caring about times or anything when doing the events that shit me. I'd just drop the difficulty down to Clubman or Rookie and get through it - move on to one you like. Surprisingly I didn't mind the big rigs too much.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Has anyone actually bothered to play this online?

I have, and it's surprisingly nowhere near as bad as you'd think.
You have a realtime place/#ofcompetitors scorecard in the top right corner, and a realtime placemarker up the left side showing where everyone is in relation to you.
I didn't mind it. It was strangely compulsive and had a lot of one-more-go factor.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Yeah, its not that bad online, I agree, shame you cant have voice chat, but then could you imagine 50+ kiddies yelling 'OMG WHERES THE QUALIFYING GTHD FOR LYFE!'
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Nascar 08 has all important qualifying though.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I'm trying to like DiRT I really am... but it just seems to be missing something.

When I played the demo I thought it looked awesome, had like a real stylised look about it, now after playing FlatOut it just seems meh... all it has is a lighting effect.

I dunno... I don't seem to enjoy the physics or any of the views...

I'm trying. I am giving it a go and trying the different race types but it just isn't my cup of tea. I still prefer V-Rally on the DC over this.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

GreyWizzard wrote:I'm trying to like DiRT I really am... but it just seems to be missing something.

When I played the demo I thought it looked awesome, had like a real stylised look about it, now after playing FlatOut it just seems meh... all it has is a lighting effect.

I dunno... I don't seem to enjoy the physics or any of the views...

I'm trying. I am giving it a go and trying the different race types but it just isn't my cup of tea. I still prefer V-Rally on the DC over this.
Know what it sounds like to me? It has no soul. That's why it didn't sell me on the demo... technically it's pretty well near perfect and has everything (except multiplayer lolz) but it's just too clinical for my liking.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Yeah, I really struggled with it towards the end doing all the shit races since I done all the awesome ones first. Finally finished the career now, just need to do the International Rally for the Ach.

If I want to whore the last 3 ach's after that though, I need to tediously race in the career for another 490miles to reach the 1000 mile ach and get some monies to get the last 4 vehicles.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

I got the vehicles one not long after completing the career. Wasn't too bad because I wanted to try some of the events on higher difficulty anyway. Don't think I'll bother with the 1,000 miles or Xbox LIVE achievements though. It's the sort of game I might still fire up every now and then though - I liked it.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

There is only one XBL ach :lol: Finish a race without hitting anything.
Cardsy

Post by Cardsy »

Just finished the career tonight. Really enjoyed it even if it was a little repetitive at times. Holy fuck though full Pikes Peak with a Celica GT = pure bliss!! What a great car, nice and quick, easy to control. Favourite car in the game easily. The Colin McRae R4 is pretty sweet as well.

Finally managed to top one friends leaderboard on the last race of champion of champions challenge!! :lol: Fucking hated those CORR rally pick-ups as well.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Ive finished everything except the ach for driving 1000 miles. Pretty repetitive really and it only counts the miles driven in Career, not Championship, so even though I have nearly 1000 already, I know Im a few hundred away from it.