Moderators: General Chaos, Candy Arse, jizzlobber

jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Ripped off!

Post by jizzlobber »

Last night I took my HDD to a mates place so I could d/l hexic 2, however when I tried it on my xbox it is just the trial version.

does this mean I have to buy it again?
it does, doesn't it :(
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

Did you download it on your account? If so you should be able to play it as the non trial version on your xbox if you are logged into XBL, if you are not logged in it will show up as trial version.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

oh well that isn't too bad, will just have to wait 'till I have adsl again.

thanks mate, bit of a bummer still but not as bad as having to buy it again.

i'm guessing downloads are locked to the console in a way.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

When you purchase something it gets locked in two ways:

First you get a license for that console + hdd to play the game regardless of the account that is being used.

Second the gamertag that is used to purchase it now has a license but it must be logged in to XBL to use it, this way if your console dies you can still play your games on your new console so long as you have an internet connection.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

probably a good system, i'll know to take my whole console next time.

thanks paz :)
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Kind of annoying that you need to be consistently connected to the net to play the full thing though.

It'd be better if you just needed to connect to the net to sort of reinstate the fact that you've purchased it, then you can continue playing online or offline.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

Ben wrote:Kind of annoying that you need to be consistently connected to the net to play the full thing though.

It'd be better if you just needed to connect to the net to sort of reinstate the fact that you've purchased it, then you can continue playing online or offline.
Then you could do game sharing only without the 5 console limit...
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Sonic Jam wrote:
Ben wrote:Kind of annoying that you need to be consistently connected to the net to play the full thing though.

Then you could do game sharing only without the 5 console limit...
I know, it just seems annoying the way it works at the moment.
It would've been nice if you could just disband access to one console so you can bring it up on another, without needing to be online to play it.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

Actually you make a good point it should work the way ps3 dlc works where the server keeps track of where the content is activated and each console can deactivate the content if you want - Only in the 360s case they would limit it to 1 activation not 5 obviously.

It seems entirely doable but it would require them to code some new DRM and I doubt many people complain about the way it is currently done.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Yeah it's not a big issue, but for the people that have had their consoles die on them, there's more incentive to get your old one repaired and returned rather than getting a new one.

Unless the repair means swapping out what identified it as your previous console as far as the d/l game is concerned, then you've got no real choice.

It sounds like a good idea, ie your consoles breaks, and you get a new one, thus you can keep playing your game, but in practice you essentially get back a limited version of the game you had before.

I think it was probably geared moreso to taking your XBLA games to a friends 360 maybe.

Not an issue for me at any rate, but yeah, seems annoying.
Pariah
Street Fighter HD Remix Champ
Street Fighter HD Remix Champ

Post by Pariah »

they should let you have a one time transfer limit to another console..:\
[img]http://i30.tinypic.com/5as8eq.gif[/img]
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

With my replacement machine I tried this out. I was connected to live played an arcade game. No problem. Disconnected my machine and was still able to play all my live arcade games without any problems offline.

So I'm thinking you can float the licence to use games from machine to machine, but in order to do that you need to be connected live at least once. There is probably something stored on the hdd that links the games to a machine id and online authentication is required to change that.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

have you rebooted while offline and tried the game again?
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

that isn't the case with me lestat, I can't play offline at all, also for my save game to work I must sign out in the dash, boot trial game then sign in... real pain in the butt.

similar story with the guitar hero 2 pack I bought the same night, only shows when i'm signed in.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Jizz, as much as you're a cunt towards the broncos, it's good to have ya back cunts :up:
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

yes I agree :D

p.s- shitty broncos
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Very strange, both my accounts on this new machine can play all my arcade games without any problems disconnected from live.

I would suggest maybe ringing up ms, right now due to the RROD problem a lot of people would be getting all new different machines but still using their old hdd. So I'm guessing they've changed or fixed something to move arcade game licenses to different machines.

*edit*

Ok looked into this further and I noticed that the machine I got is the same serial number as my old machine. I'm guessing they must of put a new mobo and drive and just flashed it with my old serial number details. Explains why my arcade titles all work.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Yeah, half my XBL arcade titles dont work as my machine was replaced back in Jan. Sadly, this applies to content for games too. I couldnt even play TDU offline the other week when we lost internet access as it wont let you continue without the content. Unlike Oblivion where is just says some of the items arent available till you log in to XBL. Luckily all thew content I got for TDU was the free stuff, so I just d/l it all again.

If you ever send your machine into MS, when you get it back, call them up, tell them you dont alway conect to the net and they'll email you codes that will equal roughly what you've spent on XBL Marketplace. I was refunded about 4-5k points earlier in the year so instead of buying all the stuff I had, I bought some new stuff, like the Oblivion exp pack . ;)
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Hey, what would happen if you upgraded to the 120GB HDD? Would it be the same effect as if you were playing on a different console? Or because you moved/kept all the data it would be A-OK?
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

the 120 has a one time move thingy. You connect the two drives and you can transfer the data. You'll have to do a clean up afterwards though, because it transfers all your half copied or half deleted files too. Best to do a HDD clean up thingy before you do the transfer. After that, sweet as.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

jizzlobber wrote:yes I agree :D

p.s- shitty broncos
wtf, I don't remember posting that. Must have been drunk.

I'm too friendly or too aggro when i'm drunk, there's no inbetween. Having said that, I withdraw my welcoming.
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild
XBL ID: westical

Post by westical »

Jizz has been pretty good of late actually. But that might be cause his team is playing like shit.

Not that that stops mxlogic.