Moderators: General Chaos, Candy Arse, jizzlobber

GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

TimeShift Demo

Post by GreyWizzard »

Should be up tonight... today... some time on this date... apparently.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I think it's already up. I'm sure I saw it before, along with Surfs Up! :up:

Oh yeah, and NHL 08.. Actually I'm kinda interested in playing that, might download the demo now.
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: OBY83

Post by ObSoLeTe »

the trailer for this game looks nice
looks like it will be a fun game

"Old But Not Obsolete" - A.Schwarzenegger
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I picked up my 360 remote and hit the on button but nothing happened. Then I looked up and remembered it's in for repairs.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Im downloading now. Im hoping I can shift time to the 26th September.

SEE YOU THEREEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

Madmya wrote:Oh yeah, and NHL 08.. Actually I'm kinda interested in playing that, might download the demo now.
Don't bother, wait for NHL 2k8.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

TimeShift was... yeah... it was okay... wait for region free cheapness.

I was liking Call Of Juarez though. That was a whole mess of fun.
whitespider
I'm a real farmer now!

Post by whitespider »

Timeshift is awesome, it takes the original horrible demo released last year, flips it on it's head, and says "this is how it's meant to be done"

This game does a lot right, it gets the feel of a satisfying shootout down (the old demo was the opposite) , it has an impressive engine, the rain effects are awesome, the time ability's are hot, so long as the game becomes a little less corridor-trapped. The whole game feels like it's gone up several levels of quality.

Overall, despite a complete lack of any kind of freedom, it was a highly entertaining game, but a bit of a short demo if you ask me.

The setting, while generic, was also well constructed, but was also a little too trapped, and convenient.
God I hate smashmouth and the offspring.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

yeah I would have liked some more open environments. It felt like a WWII sewer rat shooter. Oh look another trench to run through.

There were some clever ideas which I appreciated... but I always have issues with time manipulation anyway... Hopefully it has heaps of puzzle solving in it. I wouldn't mind death being something that you get to just rewind. But then I guess it is too much like PoP.

The demo was kind of small so made it hard to really judge what the full game is going to be like.
whitespider
I'm a real farmer now!

Post by whitespider »

death forces you to reload the game, there is no easy reverse.

Because the load times are long. :(
God I hate smashmouth and the offspring.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

GreyWizzard wrote:TimeShift was... yeah... it was okay... wait for region free cheapness.
I think that's the plan I'm going to run with, mainly because I probably won't have the time when it's released anyway. I liked the demo, it was a very smooth transition from having recently played through FEAR. There were a few clever bits involving the time manipulation and the environment, and I liked disarming frozen enemies, but I found myself falling back on slow motion a lot in the heat of a fight rather than trying to think of some tricky thing to do. It seems like it'd be more fun the better you get at using the time options. The end of the demo was pretty damn cool the first time.

I'm interested to see how multiplayer is going to work.
whitespider
I'm a real farmer now!

Post by whitespider »

Gamma wrote:
GreyWizzard wrote:TimeShift was... yeah... it was okay... wait for region free cheapness.
I think that's the plan I'm going to run with, mainly because I probably won't have the time when it's released anyway. I liked the demo, it was a very smooth transition from having recently played through FEAR. There were a few clever bits involving the time manipulation and the environment, and I liked disarming frozen enemies, but I found myself falling back on slow motion a lot in the heat of a fight rather than trying to think of some tricky thing to do. It seems like it'd be more fun the better you get at using the time options. The end of the demo was pretty damn cool the first time.

I'm interested to see how multiplayer is going to work.
I liked the demo a lot as well, and the way multiplayer is going to work, is with time grenades, you throw them and in that sphere that is created, the time effect is changed, so say I throw a pause, you would just be stuck there, and i could shoot you 50 times, recollect my ammo out of you, then unfreeze with you being throw across the map. So on... so on..
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

In your hypothetical example, wouldn't your bullets stop at the edge of the time sphere thingy? Wouldn't you freeze if you tried to enter the sphere? Or are you immune to your own weapon effects?

Either way, I don't think the time manipulation concept could work anywhere near as well in multiplayer games as it does in single player. Obviously different players can't experience the game at different rates, so if the time manipulation is reduced to a couple of grenades that freeze or slow you (i.e. the only consideration is you should avoid it), I don't think the gameplay will differ significantly from any other FPS out there. Spheres that speed you up seem unlikely to be advantageous either. I suppose they are if you look at them purely as a "boost pad", because you'd be harder to shoot at, but ideally you want to be able to experience that period in normal time, allowing you to perform more actions. I'm definitely going to give it a go when it comes out though- I won't know about multiplayer for sure until I try it, and I think the single player mode will be enough to warrant a purchase if the price is right.