Xbox Live down?

Organise online games for XBL / PSN / PC / Switch

Moderators: General Chaos, Candy Arse, jizzlobber

General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Didn't this happen at about the same time as they started unbanning a shit load of 360's because they found a bung laser could result in the same bad disc readings as a modded drive with a copy..

Probably flooded the shit out of the server with all the work to do. :lol:
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

OMFG, is Microsoft taking the piss? I play Xbox Live probably once every few weeks, and every time there's some problem with the service. Finally found some time to play Halo 3 co-op with Vision and the whole thing doesn't work. Not even chat! It's a fucking PAID peer-to-peer match-making service, and it's frequently down or experiencing issues. What a piece of shit.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

It's having issues because of the large influx of new users on live thanks to the christmas period.

Also, if you bought an older system and you want to sign up to live you have a very slim chance. The servers are only accepting responses from new machines.

This could be causing some of the issues most users are experiencing. Only accepting requests from new machines, shit like that.

Sure it sucks that it has been up and down of late, but grats on MS for getting slammed so hard by new users.
Blotto
Man Fairy
XBL ID: Blotto Otto
PSN ID: Blotts
Steam ID: Blotto_Otto

Post by Blotto »

yep... considering ya pay for it, its quite the pisstake.....
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

morepeople crying

Some dude rang support, they gave him the 48 hour bit and when asked if users will be credited / compensated they said yes. So maybe free points for all?
Blotto
Man Fairy
XBL ID: Blotto Otto
PSN ID: Blotts
Steam ID: Blotto_Otto

Post by Blotto »

which means we get the royal dry fuck over here in PAL land...
lotop

Post by lotop »

im having trouble with xbox live
lotop

Post by lotop »

hey can u help me with xbox live were the hell do i get stuff to use it
its really :down: so who knows were i can get eny
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

mech wrote:OMFG, is Microsoft taking the piss? I play Xbox Live probably once every few weeks, and every time there's some problem with the service. Finally found some time to play Halo 3 co-op with Vision and the whole thing doesn't work. Not even chat! It's a fucking PAID peer-to-peer match-making service, and it's frequently down or experiencing issues. What a piece of shit.
Seriously.....if you don't like it......FUCK OFF!
You know this is unusual for the service, but you want to jump all over it whenever you can and say it's shit.

I've been on XBL for what 3 or 4 years? The only time I couldn't play was when EA was fucked with Burnout3.

Fuck knows why people put up with things they don't like and then whinge about them on the internet......
RIGHTEOUS FURY
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I was playing cod4 all afternoon. Works fine :up:
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild
XBL ID: westical

Post by westical »

lotop wrote:hey can u help me with xbox live were the hell do i get stuff to use it
its really :down: so who knows were i can get eny
You will need -

a) An Xbox or Xbox 360 console. Sold by all good department stores (Xboxs may be hard to come by however).
b) A broadband internet connection. Sold by all good ISPs.
c) A wireless adapter or ethernet cable. Sold by all good department stores
d) A startup kit or membership card. Sold by all good department stores.
e) A credit card. Sold by all good banks, building societies and credit unions.

HTH!
mech

Post by mech »

Twiztid Elf wrote:
mech wrote:OMFG, is Microsoft taking the piss? I play Xbox Live probably once every few weeks, and every time there's some problem with the service. Finally found some time to play Halo 3 co-op with Vision and the whole thing doesn't work. Not even chat! It's a fucking PAID peer-to-peer match-making service, and it's frequently down or experiencing issues. What a piece of shit.
Seriously.....if you don't like it......FUCK OFF!
You know this is unusual for the service, but you want to jump all over it whenever you can and say it's shit.

I've been on XBL for what 3 or 4 years? The only time I couldn't play was when EA was fucked with Burnout3.

Fuck knows why people put up with things they don't like and then whinge about them on the internet......
A thousand pardons for expecting my PAID SERVICE TO WORK. Took me and Vision a while to get Halo 3 working again yesterday. What a joke. I've never had this problem with Steam or PSN and they're free.

Up to $300 with XBL now. $300!! For peer-to-peer matchmaking! That's down frequently! :down:

I want to play games online but don't like how they've implemented Xbox Live (in the sense that you have to pay for it and it's more unreliable) - what am I meant to do, just not play games at all because you say so? How about you fuck off?

:)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

PSN (free service) still going strong guys. Vote with your wallets and make the switch.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

mech wrote: A thousand pardons for expecting my PAID SERVICE TO WORK. Took me and Vision a while to get Halo 3 working again yesterday. What a joke. I've never had this problem with Steam or PSN and they're free.

Up to $300 with XBL now. $300!! For peer-to-peer matchmaking! That's down frequently! :down:

I want to play games online but don't like how they've implemented Xbox Live (in the sense that you have to pay for it and it's more unreliable) - what am I meant to do, just not play games at all because you say so? How about you fuck off?

:)
Seriously Elf has a point, I know you constantly loath the peer to peer aspect as do I, the best thing is to vote with your wallet and fuck off from the service.

You own a ps3 and pc, use them for online gaming. A lot of console games don't really need or have decent online anyways. I won't be renewing my sub when it runs out in a couple months, ms really are taking the piss charging for it imo and I find I don't use it as much as I used to.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

frequently down?

I actually use the service, so I can tell you that isn't the case at all.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

I think the problems are more related to US login servers. I haven't seen any downtime over the break, but I suspect mech is trying to play with his brother in the states.
mech

Post by mech »

jizz: it's frequent enough that I notice it. No such issues with other FREE services.

lestat: Nah, the times I've had problems I can't even log in to live - the other day I couldn't even see my dash. WTF was up with that?

I renewed my service the other day because I still want to play online - had a ton of fun with COD4 in the beta which I'll get in to when I finish my current crop of games, and I am still playing Halo 3 online... and I imagine there'll be a few games next year that I want to play online. For games without dedicated servers I'd still take Live over PSN because of its ease of use, but it frustrates me immensely that even after paying for it there are still issues and down time on a regular basis.

Xbox Live's pricing may not seem like much for people who use it every day, but I just don't have the time and want to play every week or three, and for that it seems very overpriced.
mech

Post by mech »

Even Microsoft thinks it's unacceptable. Glad to hear they think so, hopefully it'll be better in future.
mech

Post by mech »

Oh and even Joystiq seem to think there have been a lot of problems of late:
Your friend and ours, Xbox Live, has been going through some tough times lately. In the past week, the service that many of us pay roughly $50 a year for has been up and down more frequently than a bipolar groundhog. If you want to tap right into a live feed of the Xbox Live operation, Apollo 13 style, sign up for Major Nelson's Twitter feed, which has devolved into a play by play of the network's status (last update: "Things were a bit wonky, but they appear to be getting better.").
Going to tell them to FUCK OFF and stop using the service too Twiztid? :)
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

I'm going to suggest that we will see how Sony go with their up time once they have had a service for 5 years.

It does suck and I blame them fucking around unbanning consoles. Someone fucked the DB.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

The total downtime for Xbox LIVE last year was approximately 8 days. So although we paid for 365 days, we only got 357.

If you play once every three weeks then you're playing on roughly 17 days out of 365. You'd have to be pretty unlucky to find live down all eight times out of the 17 times you'd play each year. If that has been the case then you're really only getting just over 50% reliability from Xbox LIVE and at the rate you pay for your subscription, it just isn't worth it.

There is an option to pay month by month isn't there?
mech

Post by mech »

There is but I play at least once a month.
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild
XBL ID: westical

Post by westical »

It's more expensive though.

I'd like to see MS credit everyone's accounts for the days it's been unusable.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

$1.75 should just about cover it.