Texas
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
K.T.Shoe[BMs]
Still a rookie
XBL ID: MrSlow88
PSN ID: MrSlow88

Post by K.T.Shoe[BMs] »

Ahhhhhhhh, I'm suffering withdrawn symptons already :(

I swear it's going to be the first game I buy!
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

I knew everything else in the game... just not the cannon :lol:

At least it means I took a more challenging route through the game!
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Mass Effect was $60 at GAME just after Xmas.
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: OBY83

Post by ObSoLeTe »

pilonv1 wrote:It's KOTOR meets Stargate. Or something.

what ever happen to the stargate first person shooter that was being developed a few years ago

"Old But Not Obsolete" - A.Schwarzenegger
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

ObSoLeTe wrote:
pilonv1 wrote:It's KOTOR meets Stargate. Or something.

what ever happen to the stargate first person shooter that was being developed a few years ago
Cancelled due a spat between the publisher and developer.
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: OBY83

Post by ObSoLeTe »

uh spewin

they could make a good stargate game

"Old But Not Obsolete" - A.Schwarzenegger
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

ObSoLeTe wrote:uh spewin

they could make a good stargate game
Doubt it. Seriously, I can count on one hand how many good TV/Movie licenses coverted to games there have been.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

About 26 hours in now on my first run through, and as has been stated I'm finding many of the side-"quests" to be, for lack of a better word, shit, especially by comparison to the stellar main storyline.

Also so far I am not finding it to be any sort of sci-fi equal to Shenmue, but that aside I am still enjoying it. I'd say it's a flawed gem and so far Edge's 7 seems about right, but a high qualerty ending may bump it up a tad.

:btw: the Spectre weapons are ridiculously good.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

It took me ages before I discovered the Mako's cannon as well :oops: Trying to take out Thresher Maws with the machine gun is not recommended :oops:
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Finished it last weekend, fucking kick arse ending. Loved the attack on Sovereign!

I've restarted the game as a female biotic renegade and I've taken my assault rifle ability with me from my previous game. Biotic with maxed-out assault rifle pwns.

The fact that I'm going through this game again so soon says a lot for how much I like it. I did the same thing with KOTOR.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Meh, I started playing Kotor again really soon after, but Mass Effect... can't be bothered. Put in 30 hours, finished all the side quests, that was seriously enough.

Ahhh this forum cracks me up. Ambrose and Agonny don't even realise the Mako has no canon, not a word is said. I take a while to figure out how to do upgrades (like many of the reviewers of this game) and Twiztid is all over me. What not a surprise :lol:
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

Words were said, perhaps it was lost under all the other happenings around the forum.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

mech wrote:Meh, I started playing Kotor again really soon after, but Mass Effect... can't be bothered. Put in 30 hours, finished all the side quests, that was seriously enough.

Ahhh this forum cracks me up. Ambrose and Agonny don't even realise the Mako has no canon, not a word is said. I take a while to figure out how to do upgrades (like many of the reviewers of this game) and Twiztid is all over me. What not a surprise :lol:
You're the one who said it took you five hours to figure out how to push the blue button.
mech

Post by mech »

Ahahaha, see, not a word about people who didn't realise the Mako had a cannon for most of the game. You're a piece of work Twiztid.

And I love the way you misrepresent what actually happened. :lol: You press X and it comes up with some thing like "No upgrades installed" and no obvious list (it's off to the right and dimmed). So I just went "guess I haven't picked up any upgrades yet". 5 or 6 hours into the game I realised I must have picked up some upgrades so spent some more time figuring out their retarded UI.

Anyway, thanks for proving me right :up:
Ambrose Burnside
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

It's Bioware's fault for not putting the primary weapon on a trigger.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Why should a game have to reveal itself completely in the first five minutes anyway?
I like a challenge. I like figuring things out for myself.

OMG, I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO UPGRADE MY WEAPONS. MASS EFFECT SUCKS. BIOWARE SUCKS. XBOX360 SUCKS. XBOX LIVE SUCKS. MY CONTROLLER SUCKS. MICROSOFT SHOULD DIE!
mech

Post by mech »

:lol:

:talezcry: should be renamed to :twiztidcry:
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

The point I was making is that none of the people who couldn't find the cannon have an anti-360 fanboy agenda, which you clearly do.

You must have some kind of accident prone like affliction when it comes to the 360, because every single negative 360 experience you can possibly have, no matter how trivial, you've had it, while every other 360 owner on the board has had a handful tops each. While it's all strawberries and icecream in PS3 land right?
mech

Post by mech »

I think you tend to gloss over the good things I say about 360, and highlight the negative things. It's like lestat getting sooky about me DARING to mention a framerate drop in Rez the other day, despite loving the game. You never do seem to notice when I mention the problems on PS3 (like its woeful chat systems, lack of in-game XMB, etc). You guys need to stop being so sensitive. Would you really prefer the board to be the one-sided 360 circle-jerk you appear to want it to be?
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I just want to say... Mass Effect really is amazing. I just got it today, and I am instantly hooked. Everything positive ever said about this game is true.

It really is a great game.

I'm going weaksauce soldier :D
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

So the gripes I have with this game...

- Screen tearing
- texture pop in
- leaving both positive and negative choices on the screen.
- combat seems a little clunky due to a hidden dice being rolled in the background.
- Wrex keeps praying to mecca.
- I keep expecting the codex to tell me that I have done a nice job, and that this is the finest view in the city.

um... I honestly read very little of the manual, in fact I haven't read it yet. I was able to upgrade my equipment first go. The giant clear lables in the equipment screen really helped.

I am enjoying the story, and the characters are pretty cool. I can get past a lot of the issues because it is a quality game.

The systems are all very easy to pick up as everything is clearly labled and the basic tutorials/help screens are very useful.

I'm liking it a lot, and I can't wait to get home to play some more.
mech

Post by mech »

Tutorials?
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

yeah, it's an option, you can choose the level of tutorials displayed in the game. They are basically just pop up windows that give you further info. It tells you how to shoot, how to use grenades, that sort of thing. There are very little of them but enough to give you a good understanding of how to get around in the verse.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

In regards to the upgrade menu...

I can see why people would have issues with it, there is no option to just back out of the upgrade menu with out saving changes. Also, if you scroll to an upgrade to look at it, it auto assigns the upgrade. You have to remember to scroll back to the upgrade you wish to use. It is a bit of a tricky system and you have to be on the ball when using it. I mean, it's not hard to work out, it's just annoying that it not intuitive to use, eg a back button, and an assign item button.