Ikaruga XBLA

Organise online games for XBL / PSN / PC / Switch

Moderators: General Chaos, Candy Arse, jizzlobber

Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I think the sound is a bit borked. My stereo recently shat itself so I'm using the built-in TV speakers- admittedly not the best point of reference, but it seems it's a lot harder to hear some of the parts in the music. I also miss the difficulty select screen, and dislike the amount of time it takes to upload your score. I think the text was more amusing in Japanese on the DC. The achievements are pretty uninspired as well, a cheap run through on Easy with heaps of credits and suddenly you've got most of them. I'm just going to etch away at it on Normal, it'll be ages before I can finish with one credit again. Other than those gripes, it's good to have Ikaruga back and nicely accessible. Lovin' the HD, and lovin' the 360 analogue stick. Like Rez before it, 800 points well spent.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

I agree with you Gamma with everything, sound included. The sound is good, just not great, definitely sounds like a lower bit rate as I remember the DC version sounding quite epic.

Love having a 19" that I can freely turn on its side, the game seems so big in doing so. Pk, so Ive only been playing the trial till payday, but definite purchase for me next week.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.