Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Poker smash...

Post by Shaneus »

...is actually really, really fucking addictive. Very Luminesy, but for an American market. If you wrote it off because of the name, don't.

Seriously.

It's fucking good.

Edit: Removed the Ubisoft joke... got it confused with that Chess game that I also got last night, ahaha
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I tried the demo and I hate it. It's too busy, too much going on at once. I dunno if it is just the demo but it speeds up too fast. I couldn't be bothered trying to think of pokerhands and end up just going for 4 and 5 of a kind.

Also, the puzzle game seems better than the main game. Which is never a good sign.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

fucking great game!

after a while you learn to set up good hands and combos, one of the best tetris style puzzlers i've played.
love the music and presentation too, the announcers voice cracks me up esp when you fail a challenge or when hi "sings" to the music at the end.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Mmmmmmmmeh.

I tried it and didn't mind it. It was okay, but not great - maybe it needs more time but it didn't jump out at me. It really had that XBLA feel to it though.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

"XBLA feel" = Popcap/Shockwave/Shareware feel? Yeah, I fucking hear ya. I want that shit to stop ASAP.
mech

Post by mech »

Got a 10 from 1up, wtf...

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3166042" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Garnett Lee was raving about it on 1Up Yours, right after writing off Pixeljunk Monsters. This man has no taste.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I could see certain people getting addicted to it, but Idon't think it is a puzzle game for everyone. I like fast drop down puzzle games, but for some reason this really didn't click for me.

I am thinking this is going to be a love or hate game. There probably won't be much on an inbetween.