Steam ID: Madmya

Re: Braid (XBLA)

Post by Madmya »

That'll do it!
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I've put it on the backburner myself. Even when I've got heaps of unplayed games (as I do at the moment), I'll still buy retail copies of games if the price is right, even if it then sits on a shelf for a year... but I just can't bring myself to do it with digital content. I know it's a pretty short game, but still, it's a short game that will sit there unplayed for christ knows how long, by which time it willl no doubt be cheaper. I'll pick it up one day, I'm sure I'm going to love it.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Digital content doesn't really come down in price though, only during special periods. So I think you've got it the wrong way around, you should buy games on the Arcade when they're cheap and whenever for physical copies.

Anyway, finally finished Braid today. Excellent game, a few puzzle pieces really threw me. Braid/Limbo are fucking beautiful.
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

Braid reminds me of an old Amiga game (in terms of art style) that I just cant seem to remember the name of.

I think it may be Flimbo's Quest, in fact that name just came to me right now and I'm convinced it is.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

So I finally read this thread since I've finished it and only just saw Gamma's post that he's already had the problem. I find it strange that it's managed to sort itself out somehow. Everytime I boot the game I have to hit the guide button (this unlocks the game strangely enough), then go Exit Game, say yes to 'go to sign in screen', then voila, it's in my saved game. Annoying, but not too bad. Definitely a playable game again.

I laughed at the notion that this game is only around an hour long. You could finish it in around an hour on first go if you're either an incredible person or you're playing the game with a group of people. These sorts of games are much harder (and more rewarding) when you play by yourself. And then once you find the puzzle pieces you've got the stars (which I only know of one, although there's areas which haven't made much sense but I've been too concerned with puzzle pieces) and the speed runs (just completed my third speed run challenge). So much more than an hour's worth. Such a fucking good game.

Braid and Limbo make me want to do the :nana:
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

Braid is certainly a very special game madmya, you wont find many people who disagree with that.

Also there are some people who have gone way overboard/in depth in analysis of the story and it seems like its more than just a platform game with time manipulation. Even beyond what the ending level shows.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Braid (XBLA)

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Braid. Need to finish it. I've completed the first two worlds. Fired it up a week or so ago after not looking at it for months and was confused as hell. I lasted 5 mins.