Tales of Vesperia

Organise online games for XBL / PSN / PC / Switch

Moderators: General Chaos, Candy Arse, jizzlobber

corporationsix

Tales of Vesperia

Post by corporationsix »

Another JRPG on it's way to the Xbox.
Want to see a movie? http://namco-ch.net/talesofvesperia/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I know nothing about the Tales of.. Series, but apparently some people do, and it's not shabby. It's got a artistic style similar to Eternal Sonata, and I'm hoping it doesn't have the Blue Dragon/Lost Odysey fighting style.

A decent stream of not too bad JRPGS and Xbox Live shooters, will hopefully built a cult following for the Xbox in Japan. Something to work on.

And I'll add this here, whilst search through Famitsu, I found the 360's first Japanese "Romance Adventure Game"! http://www.famitsu.com/game/coming/1210552_1407.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It may be a port of a PC/PS2 game, but you have to start somewhere.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

real time combat with a team. Worked pretty well in the GC game. The team AI is pertty good so don't generally get themselves killed and use abilities when they should. I was really impressed with the system.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

The game looks amazing.

Hot!
corporationsix

Post by corporationsix »

I forgot about this thread. and replied in the eternal sonata thread.

This game does indeed look very nice. an upgraded Eternal Sonata. An the demo is on the Japanese Marketplace if anyone wants a look. The voice acting isn't as good as eternal sonata. But I love the real time combat.

I'm definitely picking this up. August 7th. Can't wait.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Most of us can't understand japanese so voice acting shouldn't be a problem!
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Very nice.
corporationsix

Post by corporationsix »

Damn. Just got back from a weeks holiday in Kyoto and I'm having trouble finding this in shops. It seems they've sold about 30 copies at my local Wonder Goo. In a rural town of 40 000 people that's an impressive amount for an xbox game.

I wonder if it's selling console units.

I'm pleasently surprised to see the Xbox section slowly increasing it's wall space at gaming stores.
corporationsix

Post by corporationsix »

Found a copy.

Combat is fantastic.

Looks very pretty.

Very good transition from animation sequences to cell shading.

The conversations are really stripped back compared to the mountains of text in Eternal Sonata.

Over 100,000 copies in a week, and 25,000 360s sold. I'm interested to see if Infinite Undiscovery can set a similar pace next month.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I reckon it will hey. So far I think every big RPG on 360 has sparked sales over there. I'm interested to know if this game is worth it. I love the graphical style.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Grab any of the previous tales titles and see what you think. Symphonia did so well on the GC they made a direct sequel for it.

They keep the combat pretty much identical in each title.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

I played Tales of Eternia on PSP I think. Got a fair way through it too. I liked it, it doesn't make my decision any easier though.
Kaji
Cowboy Unit Number Ten
XBL ID: Kaji AU
PSN ID: Kaji_AU

Post by Kaji »

I just realised this comes out July 2nd :D, bout time looking forward to it..
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Tales is a fantastic game, the best RPG I have played since Skies of Arcadia and very nearly my GOTY last year. I managed to get 3/4 through it before Fallout 3 sidetracked me but I will finish it in July. One of the prettiest games availble too. It will be available on the PS3 soon as well, so much for exclusivity, Namco probably realised it would sell a boat load on the PS3 in Japan given the amount it sold on the 360 (best selling game of 2008 I think).
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
Dj Flextacy
Mr 60FPS
XBL ID: flextacy
PSN ID: flextacy

Post by Dj Flextacy »

Whats it like compared with star ocean? so far i'm loving that game, although at first i hated the combat, i hate real time combat where there's a team of characters yet they don't even give you the option of having other people play as them, thats what i liked about eternal sonata, as alot of my friends like rpgs too, except they're not really social games when one person can only sit there and watch you play.
Kaji
Cowboy Unit Number Ten
XBL ID: Kaji AU
PSN ID: Kaji_AU

Post by Kaji »

I've read that the PS3 version has an extra dungeon or two and some other "worth the wait" extras, I have plenty of other games to catch up on in the mean time so I think I'll just wait for the english PS3 version.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Dj Flextacy wrote:Whats it like compared with star ocean? so far i'm loving that game, although at first i hated the combat, i hate real time combat where there's a team of characters yet they don't even give you the option of having other people play as them, thats what i liked about eternal sonata, as alot of my friends like rpgs too, except they're not really social games when one person can only sit there and watch you play.
Never played Star Ocean but Tales is a mixed of real time and turn base combat (leans more to the former which gives it an action RPG feel). Another player can jump in and control of the other characters but I'm not sure how many can play at once.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
UniKoRn

Post by UniKoRn »

I haven't seen this around in stores yet... let me guess, its rare :(
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Nah, Rare don't make good games. ;)
Kaji
Cowboy Unit Number Ten