N+

Organise online games for XBL / PSN / PC / Switch

Moderators: General Chaos, Candy Arse, jizzlobber

Gamma
Dot Eater

N+

Post by Gamma »

N+ XBLA Website

The XBLA description pretty much sold me on this. A fun platformer with ninjas. There's a level editor too, replacing my urges to buy Alien Hominid again to use the mini-game level editor. If you like a good platformer, or ninjas, or both, I recommend this game. Forget Ninja Gaiden 2, the contest for NGOTY is over.

I give the demo seven ninjas out of five:
:ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

This game is a classic case of gameplay over graphics. I didnt think much of what I saw but I played the demo and its hellishly addictive.

Calling it NGOTY though are fighting words. Beaten my GW:Waves score yet Gamma? Maybe then I'll believe your NGOTY claim. ;)
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

As good as Waves is, both the fact that it was released last year and its distinct lack of ninjas put it out of the NGOTY race. Honestly I think the only real heat for N+ is going to be Soul Calibur IV, because it allows for ninja vs pirate battles.
Last edited by Gamma on 04 Mar 2008 09:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

This game gets fucking hard though. Wouldn't mind trying some co-op though.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Gamma wrote:...because it allows for ninja vs pirate battles.
becareful what you wish for
whitespider
I'm a real farmer now!

Post by whitespider »

N+ is my personal favorite xbox live arcade game, because ---- its simple, the level design is fun, levels are fun, co-op is fun, the map editor and making possible but hard levels is fun. Everything is fun.
God I hate smashmouth and the offspring.
whitespider
I'm a real farmer now!

Post by whitespider »

We should have a night where we all just make a bunch of levels and play eachothers levels. That would be fun.

whitespider999 is my live addy.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I got the full version yesterday and sunk at least four hours into the level editor. :redface: I'll add you this afternoon Whitespider, I haven't tried any of the multi-player modes yet but I'll give them a go tonight and start making some multi-player levels. :up:
whitespider
I'm a real farmer now!

Post by whitespider »

It's a great game.
whitespider
I'm a real farmer now!

Post by whitespider »

I have made some pretty hardcore levels, the fun thing is you can beta test them, see how many times you all die, and then tweak them in like 1 minute, and then really get this perfectly balanced level out of it.

My motto is to always be able to finish a level twice in a row before being done with it. But make those two times hellvahard.

Also, it's good to start with a warm-up level that introduces the same idea as the rest of your personal campaign, so say it's a long-jumping theme, start the level with a small level with one easy-medium long jump. Then work you're way up a complex hard multifaceted level that deals with that theme. That way when you play eachothers 5 level campaigns, you get a longer term sense of variety, because each one has a distinctive theme rather just just being jumbled levels thrown together at random. Which would be fun for the occasional level. Anyway, we need to play!!
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

So this never happened... Are you still playing whitespider? Pilon? I've made some tight levels, it's just a matter of grouping them sensibly, they're all over the place. Do we send levels directly to each other, or do they go up on a network or something?