GTA IV Impressions

Organise online games for XBL / PSN / PC / Switch

Moderators: General Chaos, Candy Arse, jizzlobber

Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

BruceCamblzChin wrote:
Rorschach wrote:There is no Japanese version yet...
Well then I must be living in the twilight zone then coz Play Asia shipped me an NTSC-J copy to go with my NTSC-J 360 that I bort in Japan last year.
You have the Asian version (China/Korea), not the Japanese version. The Japanese version hasn't been localised by Capcom yet. If it was the Japanese version you would be complaining about the lack of English menus.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Post by BruceCamblzChin »

Rorschach wrote:
BruceCamblzChin wrote:
Rorschach wrote:There is no Japanese version yet...
Well then I must be living in the twilight zone then coz Play Asia shipped me an NTSC-J copy to go with my NTSC-J 360 that I bort in Japan last year.
You have the Asian version (China/Korea), not the Japanese version. The Japanese version hasn't been localised by Capcom yet. If it was the Japanese version you would be complaining about the lack of English menus.
Yeah righto.
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

One thing I hate about this game - motocycles. Absolute pain in the arse to control. I had just finally gotten used to controlling the cars in the game when during the Ruff Rider mission I had to chase down a guy on a bike. Took me about 5 tries before I did it, extremely frustrating.
omega

Post by omega »

Loving the game so far, though perversely i find myself wishing there were more laughably shitbox cars in it. I have fond memories of skin-of-the-teeth getaways in some of the ludicrously underpowered vehicles from previous GTAs: the 0-to-60-in-5-minutes people movers and imported eastern bloc station wagons. There are crap cars in IV, but none of them are THAT crap. Bring em on in the DLC! :-D
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

Weird. I *love* the bikes. The dirtbike (which is fucking HARD to come across) is awesome fun.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

I love the motorbikes too! They seem much better than in previous games (or is it the cars are worse? :D)

This game continues to surprise me with how much I'm enjoying it. It's stopped me playing Rock Band ffs!

The weird thing is, for the most part it's completely bug free, but twice now I've gotten it into a state where I have to reload my game. Once at the burger place, I pressed LB to get a burger a little too quick, and then all options disappeared and I was locked in place. Similar thing playing QUB3D, pressed something a bit too quick for its liking, and bam, no inputs allowed. Fucking thing. Hope they patch it.

BTW, some of the things in there really amaze me... i.e. people reacting to what you do, they've really programmed things down to the tiniest little details... struggling to come up with a concrete example, but I've just had a lot of "wow" moments in there.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

omega, try a four star getaway in a bus.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA

Post by Shaneus »

Funniest character in the game: Black Burgershot guy.

"Welcome to Burgershot, muh'fuckaaaah"
mech

Post by mech »

So this game's crashed or blanked out 10 times on me.

This is living.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA

Post by Shaneus »

:kickpwn:
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

mech wrote:So this game's crashed or blanked out 10 times on me.

This is living.
There are fixes posted in a sticky thread at NeoGAF. Apparently there is a patch coming too to PS3 if it hasnt been released already.

This is PC gaming.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA

Post by Shaneus »

How many times would you have to re-download the patch before it comes down successfully?
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Doesnt matter, only people who pay for the service have a right to complain. :D
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
mech

Post by mech »

How many times do I need to tell t0mby I'm playing the 360 version before he gets it?
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA

Post by Shaneus »

How many times have you already?
Answer +1
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I got the viral 'Kill a Rockstar Dev' achievement today if anyone wants it.
Ah. Just looked it up and you have to kill me in a ranked match. Do parties carry into ranked matches?
mech

Post by mech »

Sorry about tonight Twiztid - just as I hopped on I got an important phone call. When I got back, you were just standing there so I rocketed you :D Then I had to go :( bugger.

Did you join my game or was it random that we were in the same game?
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I'd been playing some ranked GTA Race, which I still rate highly. I'd go as far as saying it's the best online experience this gen still.

Anyhow, I'd finished up, and was playing some free roam, just to drive around for a bit. Dunno if you were in before me, but it must have been a coincidence.

Then I saw your name come up on the log. Which made me wonder if I'd blasted you already. Earlier, I'd been just randomly driving away from the main action center, as I tend to, and a helicopter came and landed near me, so I rocket launchered it. I checked back on the log, and it wasn't you.

So I came to where you were figuring we'd team up. I saw you were just standing there, obviously afc, so I shot near you to grab your attention. You didn't move, so I started to wander off - then BAM! Dead.
Hehe. I had to go unexpectedly then anyhow.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Recently I've been sandboxing it up with all the cheats on, and though it's absolutely pointless, it's pretty fun. Because the cheats are all accessed through your phone, you can activate them while driving, so you can cruise around spawning boats on people, or drop boats from the sky.

It's suprisingly entertaining to fly up as high as you can then jump out and try to guess if you're going to land in the water or cane into a pier. I also like finding a building with only one staircase up to the roof, spawning a car to block the stairs, then taking out helicopters and randomly lobbing grenades down into the chaos below. I just don't know why they make you enter 15 different codes instead of one that adds all of the cheats to your phone.
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: OBY83

Post by ObSoLeTe »

no point doin any racing online, just a waste of time, lagging like a bitch just watch them take off and leave yah for dead

"Old But Not Obsolete" - A.Schwarzenegger
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy

Post by Twiztid Elf »

WTF? I played for a good half hour or so in GTA Race later this afternoon, and it was fine. Slight lag, but nothing game breaking.
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

I hadn't played this for awhile till last week when I decided to try and finish the story mode. Now though, I'm enjoying a lot of driving round looking for the jumps and getting into some awesome 3-4 star cop chases, being chased in a helicopter, flying under bridges etc. I also adhjusted the display settings and the game looks a lot better, more realistic imo just wish the blurriness added at high speed wasn't so strong.

Also been playing a lot of online, mainly ranked racing and loving it aside from a few wankers here and there ruining the occasional race. Wish this was added to MNR since it is racing after all. ;)
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I agree Tomby. I'd actually be interested in MNR again if we played this. Helicopter races are great for a change too...and the odd boat race.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

I don't know... forza was pretty damn good on monday night...
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
t0mby
Cheats

Post by t0mby »

Can't keep playing the same game every Monday, need some variety to spice it up and pehaps bring others into the evening. Not everyone owns the games chosen IE FM2 and PGR4.