Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Re: World Of Warcraft - Cataclysm outsells 3DS

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

The Secret World looks intriguing. I might follow it and see how it goes.
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

Vanilla goes live at 8am. Is anyone doing it?
It's a no from me. (However my Twizo account is live, so I do have the option to play it for free if I want).
I'll be down at BigW getting my copy of Wreckfest.

WoW is number two on my favourite games of all time list, but I honestly agree with the Blizzard dev who got vilified on the internet for saying: "You think you want it, but you really don't."
It will be great for the kids and young adults that never got to experience 2004/2005.
Otherwise, I really feel like it was a product of it's time, and the world has moved on. The nostalgia really is clouding peoples judgement.
That vilified dev will be proved right when the server pops have plummeted in 6 months time.

Based off news reports it seems like there will be login queues this morning due to the demand. At least they're giving the true authentic experience. :D
RIGHTEOUS FURY
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Nah. Not at this time. Considered a quick look for nostalgia's sake but it's not a 'quick look' kind of game. You can't use your old character either. Content to leave it in the 2005 file.

I remember giving WoW another shot soon after Wrath of the Lich King released. I bought Wrath and the preceding expansion, loaded it up and was bored shitless. The rubbish yellow/brown desert like setting early in the first expansion didn't help (looked up the first expansion name - Burning Crusade).
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I've been getting updates from my eldest son.
He got logged in at 8am and is going as long as he can - so probably early tomorrow sometime - lol.
I got back from my BigW trip (Wreckfest is excellent btw) in time to watch him be the first Tauren to arrive in the Undead starter area and park that character for later for when other buddies get on.
Absolutely packed with people in the starter areas.
He's level 11 on his main now. It's very fun for me watching from time to time. Certainly brings back tons of good memories.

His friend who is trying to login now says there is an 11 hour queue on the only Oceanic PVP Vanilla server.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

11hr wait? :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.