Why can't Lepo or Sly join my games.

Organise online games for XBL / PSN / PC / Switch

Moderators: General Chaos, Candy Arse, jizzlobber

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Why can't Lepo or Sly join my games.

Post by Cletus »

Everyone else can except for those two and my nats are open,my intertron can handle it and I don't mind killing lepo for easy kill counts.

What do THEY need to do to fix this?
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Have they opened their nats?
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
XBL ID: grlestat
PSN ID: grlestat
Steam ID: grlestat
Friend Code: SW-5550-6241-2054
EpicGS ID: grlestat
Battle.net ID: grlestat#1153

Post by lestat »

Well if you guys can post your exact router model numbers and firmware versions, we might be able to figure out what is going on.

It could conflict/bug in the routers you guys are using. Also there could be a firmware update for their routers that fix the issue.
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

By the way I never joined your game last night Cletus because I gave CoD2 back to my mate. It had just been about 2 months since we last had a game on live so I figured I didn't need it.
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Lepo swears there is nothing wrong with his config but then he may have accidently cut circulation to his brain with his headset positioning device.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Chaos you have an un-natural facinaton with my router and I just wish the two of you would get a room.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Re: Why can't Lepo or Sly join my games.

Post by Lepo5 »

Cletus wrote: I don't mind killing lepo for easy kill counts.
Hey! :cry: ..........Nah it's a fair cop, really it is.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

GreyWizzard wrote:Have they opened their nats?
A FUCKING MILLION TIMES YES !!!!!! *

My NAT's been open for so long I'm surpirsed she hasn't caught something, dirty slut that she is.

* That aggression was in no way aimed at you Grey, just the overall situation.

** ...and even if it was aimed at you it would probably miss, according to Cletus
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

lestat wrote:Well if you guys can post your exact router model numbers and firmware versions, we might be able to figure out what is going on.

It could conflict/bug in the routers you guys are using. Also there could be a firmware update for their routers that fix the issue.
The voice of reason.

I'll do this and will even let lestat remote control my PC just to shit-off Chaos :D
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Well just to start we really need to the model numbers of the routers you guys are using and if you can get firmware details.
Pimpn Drop Bear
No distinct personality

Post by Pimpn Drop Bear »

Lepo5 wrote:
GreyWizzard wrote:Have they opened their nats?
A FUCKING MILLION TIMES YES !!!!!! *

My NAT's been open for so long I'm surpirsed she hasn't caught something, dirty slut that she is.

Seconded. :)

I'm using a D-Link DI-704P Router, with a D-Link 302g Modem.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

The following is of course not intended for you savvy folk who are having proper weird problems, but for any ordinary folk with regular type problems:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/conne" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ection.htm
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Lepo5 wrote:
** ...and even if it was aimed at you it would probably miss, according to Cletus
Fuck I laughed at that.
Sly R3negade wrote: I'm using a D-Link DI-704P Router, with a D-Link 302g Modem.
That was what I was using before I went to an ADSL2 router.
Mine is now a DSL G604T (D LINK),updated with the latest firmware.

We did have issues with you joining a friends only room in Halo back then though.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Ok so my router is a NETGEAR WGT624.

I can't see what the firmware version is, but when I try and update it says that there is no newer version.
Candy Arse wrote:
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

I now seem to be having the same problem with Candy Arse in Chromehounds that I had with Sly R3negade. When he was hosting I'd end up in a lobby all by myself. When anyone else hosted I'd be fine, but he would be all by himself.

Also when I try to chat with Candy - if he sends an invite then I accept, it then says I'm waiting for him to join. I had that problem in the early days of getting the 360 with a friend of mine. He ended up changing his firewall settings to allow the Xbox to do whatever it wanted, and the problem went away.

Is there something I can do on my end? I'm using a NETGEAR WGR614 v6.
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

Put sand in its vagina, the little fucker will start behaving then.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Yeah thanks for that informed point of view "cunt fucker" .....and I say that with the utmost respect. :wink:
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

Your welcome Lepo :D
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

What sort of adsl modems do you guys use, I noticed sly uses an adsl model that has built-in router/firewall.

What i think is happening to you guys is you have a double nat/firewall occurring.

ie your wireless router has a NAT/Firewall enabled. Your xbox can see and talk that the router. Using upnp which is what open nat means in your xbox diagnosis screen, your xbox can instruct the router to open ports and forward them to your xbox.

Now the problem is if you have another NAT/Firewall enabled on your adsl modem, the ports opened on the first NAT will do nothing, because any incoming connections are being blocked by the nat/firewall within the modem. You'll find with a double nat you can surf websites and do outgoing connections just fine, the problem is no one can connect to your 360.

So ensure your modem is put into bridge mode, any firewall/nat functionality on the modem must be disabled!

Then on the wireless router that is connected to your lan, ensure upnp is enabled and working. Then enable dhcp and make sure your xbox gets it's ip address dynamically. Reason being is I’ve seen a lot of routers that don't work with upnp if you use static ip's for some reason.

If you guys can do that I'm sure all your problems will go away. I think the reason why you are getting disconnected is your xbox thinks it's got an open nat and an open port. Problem is it's not really open and being blocked by the second nat. When you get into a game the host probably boots you cause it's failing to connect to your 360.

Anyways that's what it looks like me.
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Lepo: Do what lestat said and also lash your modem and router together with an "Aust Post Big Rubber Band" for tighter integration.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

General Chaos wrote:lash your router with a Big Rubber
You know you want to Chaos.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

lestat wrote:What sort of adsl modems do you guys use

Bog standard Motorola 5100 that Optus provide with their cable service. I don't think it has a firewall within it.

What i think is happening to you guys is you have a double nat/firewall occurring.

ie your wireless router has a NAT/Firewall enabled. Your xbox can see and talk that the router. Using upnp which is what open nat means in your xbox diagnosis screen, your xbox can instruct the router to open ports and forward them to your xbox.

Now the problem is if you have another NAT/Firewall enabled on your adsl modem, the ports opened on the first NAT will do nothing, because any incoming connections are being blocked by the nat/firewall within the modem. You'll find with a double nat you can surf websites and do outgoing connections just fine, the problem is no one can connect to your 360.

But wouldn't that mean you'd never be able to join any game with anyone ? These problems change depending on the host, game and other players. In my case I can host just fine, so doesn't that mean other people are connecting to my 360 OK ?

So ensure your modem is put into bridge mode, any firewall/nat functionality on the modem must be disabled!

Then on the wireless router that is connected to your lan, ensure upnp is enabled and working. Then enable dhcp and make sure your xbox gets it's ip address dynamically. Reason being is I’ve seen a lot of routers that don't work with upnp if you use static ip's for some reason.

I've got upnp enabled, but can't remember whether I assigned a static ip. From memory didn't that thread at PN on this topic suggest to use a static ip. I'll check my ip settings when at home.

If you guys can do that I'm sure all your problems will go away. I think the reason why you are getting disconnected is your xbox thinks it's got an open nat and an open port. Problem is it's not really open and being blocked by the second nat. When you get into a game the host probably boots you cause it's failing to connect to your 360.

Anyways that's what it looks like me.
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

Lepo sounds like a router bug then mate, the modem you have hasn't got nat and if you can host it must be just a router bug of some sort.

Have you tried upgrading the firmware on the router?
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Yep, tried last night and it said that there's no newer version than what I've got.

I'll muck around with the ip static / dynamic and see if that makes a diff.
Candy Arse wrote:
lestat
Pixel Count Lestat
Pixel Count Lestat

Post by lestat »

i found this on the xbox site.

Netgear Supported Firmware Wireless Standards

WGU624 1.0.1.2EN, 1.0.1.9EN 802.11g/b

WGR614 (v1) 1.40 802.11g/b

WGR614 (v5) 1.0.7_1.0.6 802.11g/b

WGR614 (v6) 1.0.11_1.0.7 802.11g/b

WGT624 (v2) 4.2.6_1.0.1 802.11g/b

WGT624 (v3) 1.0.12_1.0.1, V1.0.120_1.0.1, V1.0.128_1.0.1 802.11g/b

WGT634U 1.4.1.8, 1.4.1.10 802.11g/b

WPN824 1.0.10_1.0.7, V2.0.15_1.0.11 802.11g/b

I noticed WGT624 (v1) is not on the list, might be a hardware bug that prevents you from using live properly. check against your router to see which one you have and the firmware revision.

here's the list for other that might be having issues.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/conne" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ipment.htm