The PSN and Update Thread

Organise online games for XBL / PSN / PC / Switch

Moderators: General Chaos, Candy Arse, jizzlobber

flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

There's tons of PSP bargins in the PSN store from this update.Worth checking out. Games like GTA ( the old one and new ones, gow, gran turismo etc.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Yeah I saw Motorstorm PSP was up for about $30, bargain price if you split it with a mate.

Heh, interesting how the decided to stop supporting Linux and other OS with the latest update.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

Ben wrote:Also has anyone else had a crack at that game Critter Crunch? It looked interesting enough so I grabbed the trial version and it's a pretty gorgeous looking game. All 1080p high quality animated stuff, it's a puzzle game and is pretty easy to pickup, as it slowly introduces more and more elements.

Thinking about grabbing it, as I think it's only around the $9 mark.

Aso, how many games feature you rainbow vomiting in to your sons mouth?
Pretty late, but I grabbed this today because I saw that it's on sale for 5 bucks. I think I played it on the iPhone once and didn't think much of it, but on the PS3 it's quite nice. Beautiful hand-drawn backgrounds, fun and interesting gameplay, and completing levels with spew bonus seems reasonably challenging.

Not bad.

Edit - This demo of Rocket Knight is pretty good too. Hmm...20 bucks...
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

critter crunch never grabbed me, but i enjoyed rocket knight quite a bit, lots of fun - but i wonder how much staying power it'd have...
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Re: The PSN and Update Thread

Post by Twit »

Joe Danger (which scored 9.5 at IGN) is supposed to be out on PSN today/tomorrow. Anyone grabbing it?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... psn-today/

Edit - ooh, Ars Review
selfish
selfish's gag account
selfish's gag account
PSN ID: selfish3US

Post by selfish »

is that just a not-as-good version of trials?
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - L. Ron Hubbard
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

From IGN: "Imagine if Excitebike and Trials HD got together and totally did it."

And from Ars:
"At first glance Joe Danger may look simply like a modern take on Excitebike, but it's much more than that. Combining elements of an extreme sports game, a platformer, and a racer, the game is able to create a unique experience that's absolutely packed with content and dripping with cartoon charm. And, more importantly, it's a game that is simply a joy to play, and one that will leave you with a smile on your face the entire time you're playing."
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Grandia is up. $12.45

I'm guessing it is 50htz and you can get 60 from the us market.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

I had no idea there was so much good stuff atm.

Little Big Planet 2 demo, Dead Space 2 Demo, free Sam and Max for Plus subscribers... plus I just grabbed the DC Universe beta. Nifty!