The PSN and Update Thread

Organise online games for XBL / PSN / PC / Switch

Moderators: General Chaos, Candy Arse, jizzlobber

McSpidey
XBL ID: McSpidey
PSN ID: McSpidey
Steam ID: McSpidey

Post by McSpidey »

Ben wrote: I was using the remote when I checked :)
Ok, I got to the bottom of this. If I change the "Music Setting>output frequency" to 48kHz it works as it used to. When it's set to 44.1/88.2/176.4kHz it only prompts to quit playback.

Edit: This seems as good a place as any to continue bitching. I started up home for the first time in forever and found out it doesn't support custom music/soundtracks. WTF SONY?
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

if anyone does go into home can people try the event spaces please? I wanted to win the Buzz! tomato head but neither space loads for me :(
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I like the large icons...

Where is this ticker they talk of? I haven't seen it. I remember the old ticker but there is no ticker now.

Also, you can switch back to the old theme if you don't like the larger fonts and icons.

---edit---

answered my own question just then. Seems the ticker is only in the US so far.
Professor of Grand Theft Autoligy

Post by offline »

I got the ticker on my JP account also.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Yeah I noticed the ticker when I downloaded the free Afrika theme from my JPN account and wondered if I didn't see it on my Aussie account because I'd turned it off when it was still the information board.
GreyWizzard wrote:Also, you can switch back to the old theme if you don't like the larger fonts and icons.
I don't think that makes a difference actually. All I could see if you switch back to the now "classic" theme is that it removes the sparkles.

edit: which in itself it redundant because if you select the "classic" theme, you can scroll down two more options and enable the sparkles on the old theme by choosing the background to be "original". :roll:
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

:lol:
BigSwingingUdders
NOT JIZZLOBBER
XBL ID: Pre-baked
PSN ID: 40% Better

Post by BigSwingingUdders »

retarded update confirmed... i'd expect another update just to fix the gay font sizing...
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I don't see what the issue is with the font size. I like it. You are all poopy heads.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

I agree with Grey, I actually don't mind the bigger font. Are you guys running in 1080p?

I hate the sparkles though, first thing to get switched off. I didn't realize the animated backgrounds were actually polygons - VERY cool, there should be some sweet ones in future.

The new friends list - meh, not a fan of the grey, but it's functional enough, I was expecting a lot worse after hearing people complain.

I don't like the new startup screen as much as the old one. And I heard they got rid of the game chime - I'm not sure I noticed when I played Shatter last night (which is awesome btw).
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Yeah friends list is a bit ugo, but I like the new little bar thing in the corner. Time, friends, and it shows when you have a message (which I failed to notice at first even though people were telling me I had a message).

I can't wait to see new backgrounds. I've always wanted to change it but I don't like losing the animated stuff. It just make it seem more futuristic.
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

BigSwingingUdders wrote:retarded update confirmed... i'd expect another update just to fix the gay font sizing...
There you have it folks. Our official Sony Rep thinks it is shit.

Case closed! :D
Blotto
Man Fairy
XBL ID: Blotto Otto
PSN ID: Blotts
Steam ID: Blotto_Otto

Post by Blotto »

I'm with BSU... the update is shit....

The font sizing is gay... too big. I had to check my PS3 was still running in 1080p....

seriously, did they get Ray Charles (RIP) to redo the icons or something?

The PS3 dash used to look sleek & superb, now it looks like complete arse.

I'm surprised they didnt just add pathetic emosexual avatars just to completely fuck it like the 360 did....
pilonv1
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Blotto wrote:I'm surprised they didnt just add pathetic emosexual avatars just to completely fuck it like the 360 did....
home
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I expected the icons to occupy half of the screen the way some of you lot are carrying on. I reckon it looks fine, at least at 720p. The grey behind the friends list isn't the sexiest thing I've ever seen but it makes it a hell of a lot easier to read if you've got a bright background. As with the overstated icons/font issue, I expected to get hammered with shop advertising Xbox-styles, which didn't happen either. The thparkles are thuper, thstop complaining.

Game chime is gone and it no longer displays the PS3 logo during game startup from the XMB. Odd, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
mech

Post by mech »

Agreed with everything Gamma, except for the thparkles.
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

To be honest I didn't notice the icons get bigger, but I definitely noticed the text. I normally have the font set to 'rounded' so as soon as I booted up after the update it looked like the PSP XMB on the TV lol

Post by offline »

Is there a way to stop the text disappearing from other video files when you hover over one? That is getting a bit annoying when trying to find what I am looking for.
mech

Post by mech »

Not that I've seen.
Blotto
Man Fairy
XBL ID: Blotto Otto
PSN ID: Blotts
Steam ID: Blotto_Otto

Post by Blotto »

pilonv1 wrote:
Blotto wrote:I'm surprised they didnt just add pathetic emosexual avatars just to completely fuck it like the 360 did....
home
valid point... since deleting it, I'd completely forgotten about it....
Ben
Southpoor

Post by Ben »

Yeah I thought they mentioned something about avatars and stuff.. completely forgot that it was HOME related haha, I've never installed it.

Post by offline »

mech wrote:Not that I've seen.
Oh well, it isn't that big of a deal. I need to clean out the videos anyway and now is the perfect time.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

3 dynamic themes:

Sackboy - $3.45
MotorStorm - $3.45
Wipeout HD - free

I grabbed Wipeout HD, nothing exciting, just one of the vehicles being tested in a garage.

Also, Katamari demo is up.
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

So these dynamic themes are 3D? I wonder if anyone has done a power consumption comparison between stock dash and 3D dash..

Post by offline »

GreyWizzard wrote: I grabbed Wipeout HD, nothing exciting, just one of the vehicles being tested in a garage.
I had to change back, the Wipeout HD theme gave me a headache similar to what I get playing the game. Still, for fans of the game, you can't complain about a free theme.