New test drive demo out tonight/tomorrow!

Organise online games for XBL / PSN / PC / Switch

Moderators: General Chaos, Candy Arse, jizzlobber

jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

New test drive demo out tonight/tomorrow!

Post by jizzlobber »

Atari today announced the forthcoming launch of a new Test Drive Unlimited playable demo for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, via Xbox Live Marketplace. Developed by Eden Games, Test Drive Unlimited has already excited gamers with its massive array of single player challenges and diverse online multiplayer delights. The new demo will be released Thursday August 24th 2006 featuring stunning new vehicles, new challenges, longer play time and a host of other enhancements to give gamers a tantalising taste of racing reinvented. Test Drive Unlimited is scheduled for release across Europe September 8th 2006.

The first Test Drive Unlimited playable demo, released during E3 2006 as part of Microsoft’s initiative to bring gamers closer to the event, was downloaded close to 200,000 times from Xbox Live Marketplace in one short week, bringing the demo in third place overall amongst all downloads during the period. Feedback from the global gaming community proved vital in giving Eden Games a clear direction to improve the quality of the final game and deliver the incredible experience Test Drive Unlimited now offers.

With the new demo allowing up to one hour of play in a 60km² area of the graphically polished and geographically accurate Hawaiian island of Oahu, players will have time to discover a stunning new house, three delicious new super cars – the Ferrari F430, Ford Mustang GT and AC Cobra – and one brutally powerful motorbike, the Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R. Players can choose to accept one of the four new offline challenges, take on either of the two new online challenges with up to eight players racing simultaneously, launch instant challenges against anyone they encounter on the road, or just burn gallons of virtual gasoline tearing around the lush tropical roads in free ride. Other enhancements include tighter handling, snappy gear changes, customizable speed blur effects, optional in-car camera vibrations, improved lag allowing eight player online races, fully operational vsync, an incredible level of overall graphical polish, and much more.

“We know Xbox Live gamers in Europe are eagerly anticipating their next taste of Test Drive Unlimited,” said Richard Teversham, Platform & Marketing E&D EMEA, Microsoft. “Test Drive Unlimited gives gamers and their friends an innovative combination of driving skills, connected gaming where ever you are, and unbeatable graphics that harness the power of Xbox 360. This exclusive game is a great addition to the Xbox 360 portfolio.”

While the new demo gives a good flavour of what to expect from Test Drive Unlimited, it barely scratches the surface of the final game which offers over 1000 miles of roads, 90 of the world’s most exclusive super cars and bikes, and unlimited online challenges. Test Drive Unlimited is racing reinvented.

Test Drive Unlimited is scheduled for release across Europe September 8th 2006 and the new demo is available via Xbox Live Marketplace from August 24th 2006. For more information visit http://www.testdriveunlimited.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

lol third place... They only released 3 demos that week...
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Other enhancements include ... fully operational vsync
Hahahahah.

I will try this demo out, because the previous one was VERY underwhelming, curious to see how it looks now!
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

I think they are releasing this because the old one was so rough, gotta show us how much better it is now. (I hope)
Spoonfan
On an endless search for Sailors ...
On an endless search for Sailors ...
XBL ID: Segahead
PSN ID: Segahead
Steam ID: neonfrog83

Post by Spoonfan »

Still looking forward to this game lots, can't wait to try out the new demo.
Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
XBL ID: Juzbuffa1

Post by Juzbuffa »

Demo is up, 738 MB
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen through your eyes...

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Getting.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

40%
mech

Post by mech »

Is anyone still defending 14 gig available on the HDD when a shitload of demos are around the 1 gig mark now?
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I don't keep the demos and videos for that long so my HDD is still on the 12GB mark.

I think we will notice more as we play more games and download more maps, items, songs and wotnot. Hopefully by that time MS will finally give us an overpriced HDD we can upgrade to.
mech

Post by mech »

You've got 12 gig free? Really? Every time a new demo comes out I have to spend ages figuring out which of the old ones I want to delete - some still get played every now and again, others I've downloaded and haven't had a chance to try yet. If I ever wanted to put music on there I'd be screwed. And this is at the start of the console's lifetime :(

Surprised no one's hacked the external drive on the 360 yet...
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

you might want to try this then

http://www.dvdcrave.com.au/products/pro" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ?pid=28708
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

WTF...the test drive demo keeps stopping...it's giving me the shits.Everytime I take a look,it's stopped and I have to restart the fucking thing.
Pissing me off.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

Dont bother the game lick balls same demo as E3 but with better cars an a bike.
mech

Post by mech »

GreyWizzard wrote:you might want to try this then

http://www.dvdcrave.com.au/products/pro" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ?pid=28708
Nah, I want usable space, not a backup tool...
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

I too remove my demos, if I like the demo I buy the game and delete it, if I don't like it I just delete it.

the only demo I play over and over is FNrd3
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

oh come one :) that is a great option. YOu can store all the demos on your PC, and then drag then back when you feel like playing them.

It's like the Nexus for the Dreamcast, you run out of room, you back it up to your PC. Brilliant idea.

As I said, the only other option we have is wait for MS to release a new HDD.

What sort of solution were you thinking of mech?
mech

Post by mech »

Microsoft releasing a new drive that isn't insanely expensive.

Being able to store stuff on an external HDD through USB would be awesome, but I doubt MS is going to offer anything like that anytime soon.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Well, until MS comes out with something of their own at a decent price I think this is the best solution and does pretty much what you are looking for.

I know it isn't an external accessible HDD but it is as close as you are going to get (for now).
Ram
NEW ZEALAND GOVERNMENT INTERNET 1.1

Post by Ram »

I liked the first demo,it would have to been my most played demo.
Im loving this new demo,i spent my first hour just on the bike in helmet cam view.I was loving just hooning around the island racing other people in free roam.

I had the demo freeze on me 3 times though,hope thay get that sorted as i defently be buying this game.
Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
XBL ID: Juzbuffa1

Post by Juzbuffa »

Yeah I'll be keen to see how it fares in multiplayer with a few of you blokes. I jumped in a couple races with randoms last night and it seemed to play alright.
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen through your eyes...

Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

I have something like 15 demo's on my 360 and a few of them a shit that I would never touch again. Once I find I'm out of space i'll delete those and free up a few gigs. I'm finding no space problems at all.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I have this on pre-order, so I'll play it then. I enjoyed the feel of the original demo, even when it kept locking up... it just reminded me of test drive 3 and I think that is all I really want out of it. The ability to just cruise.
Ram
NEW ZEALAND GOVERNMENT INTERNET 1.1

Post by Ram »

This game is so cool.I just had a race with a friend.We went around one of the barriers in the race and just hooned around in free roam with no cars on the road.FKn awesome going full noise down the long straights with another bike right beside ya.

Another time i seen a dust trail heading up into the hills where someone was going for a looksee.I went hooning up into the bush behind him and crashed right infront of him,we were both larfing.

I love the lighting in this game,can't wait for it to come out now!.
Professor of Grand Theft Autoligy

Post by offline »

Is this a "budget" title here as it is overseas? If so, what price will it be?

I played the demo and while I seem to have no clue how to drive on the road (first crash was on the driveway), it appears to be enjoyable. One thing I didn't like was the traffic, I hit almost every car on the road when using an out-of-car view.