General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

I gots it!
lambchop
The Pain

Post by lambchop »

i've been trying every store in welly to see if any one would break the street date. fuckers. the lot of them denyed even having stock.
Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
XBL ID: Juzbuffa1

Post by Juzbuffa »

I got mine yesterday. Spent the evening going through manager mode with Adelaide United and trying to learn how to play. I'm just whoring up a few achievements before I go online proper.
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen through your eyes...

Blotto
Man Fairy
XBL ID: Blotto Otto
PSN ID: Blotts
Steam ID: Blotto_Otto

Post by Blotto »

PES 2009 demo is up on Live too... downloading it now..
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

fifa get today, $78. Wont be on for a bit though.

Also going to get the PES demo on psn.
Blotto
Man Fairy

Post by Blotto »

I just tried the PES demo..... Im not sold on it....

something just doesnt feel right with it.... Fifa is so polished this year....

PES just feels flat and clunky...
Cardsy

Post by Cardsy »

GOTY! :D

Last night was great fun lads - that 8 v 9 game was tops!! Shame we had no luck club wise, we'll have to try again over the weekend.

Strangely enough, the 17 player game we played seemed to run more smoothly than the smaller game we played afterwards. I think it's more difficult to notice the lag when you're locked into a position ... people tend to play less selfishly.

Twas a great victory for our side despite being down to 9 men before the end of the first half. (We'll just forget we played that second game. ;))

Really impressed with Fifa 09. Looking forward to getting a few more ranchers in on the game.

On a side note ... I did download the PES 09 demo and had a short muck around ... felt a bit hollow and shitty after all the sweet little touches in Fifa 09 ... but I've always been a Fifa lad anyway.
lambchop
The Pain

Post by lambchop »

dam you 360ers.

got my copy this morning tho .. guess i'll have to hit up some NZ forums for fellow ps3 fifa's
Blotto
Man Fairy

Post by Blotto »

Cardsy wrote:GOTY!
Yes, my cracking goal was Goal Of The Year worthy.... :wink:
Last edited by Blotto on 03 Oct 2008 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

I just played the PES09 demo. I havent yet played Fifa. (The two events are not linked).
IMO PES09 is a massive improvement over 08 (not that high a bar to hit tbh) but it also feels better than Fifa 08.

Now to see how Fifa 09 goes.
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

Actually played another game of PES09 this year.

I was a doubter of Fifa last year and PES turned out shit. I was a doubter of PES this year and it has turned out good. I reckon on its own PES is a game worth having. Up against Fifa though its a tough call and most will go for Fifa without a doubt.

But I do recommend everyone gives PES a go this year. First impressions are that whilst the players move slower than in Fifa, they do feel as though they have some weight to them. Additionally, the passing system and player positioning is much more intelligent than Fifa ( at least 08 era) with a lot of sensibly directed passes (of your own initiative) ending up going out into space about 5 yards forward of the guy you wanted to pass to. Perfect through balls.

However when you are defending, it seems less likely to do this and pass straight to where you want it.

This is REALLY good.

Also - no slowdown like last years version. (PS3 version Ive been playing btw)
Cardsy

Post by Cardsy »

You got the 360 version didn't right Pat? Make sure you join our Games Ranch United Club and have a few uber matches with us over the weekend.
Blotto
Man Fairy

Post by Blotto »

I thought the demo of PES was crap... but I spose its Pat's taste afterall.... ;)
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

Yeah I got the 360 version of Fifa 09.

And if youre going to bring matters of taste into the equation over football games blotto, do I need to go find all your whinging about fifa last year?
Texas
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

Newcastle are probably overrated in PES this year, hence Pet's attraction
Last edited by Texas on 03 Oct 2008 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
Blotto
Man Fairy

Post by Blotto »

Pat wrote:Yeah I got the 360 version of Fifa 09.

And if youre going to bring matters of taste into the equation over football games blotto, do I need to go find all your whinging about fifa last year?
Fifa 08 was shit Patrick.... did you get a lobotomy while in [Patrick AWOL mode] or something?
Cardsy

Post by Cardsy »

Texas wrote:Newcastle are probably overrated in PES this year, hence Pet's attraction
Seems you've been unsighted after all your big Libero talk ... hope to see you lending that rare brand of skill to our fledgling club over the weekend!!
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

Texas wrote:Newcastle are probably overrated in PES this year, hence Pet's attraction
Actually I think Liverpool seem to be as they are actually being competitive vs Man Utd.

PES manager mode will be interesting. If you pick Newcastle they lock the gates on you and you can't play the game again.
Blotto
Man Fairy

Post by Blotto »

Cardsy wrote:
Seems you've been unsighted after all your big Libero talk ... hope to see you lending that rare brand of skill to our fledgling club over the weekend!!
yep... big man, no where to be seen..... we'll start calling Tex 'Mike Ashley'.... :lol:
Last edited by Blotto on 03 Oct 2008 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blotto
Man Fairy

Post by Blotto »

Pat wrote:
Actually I think Liverpool seem to be as they are actually being competitive vs Man Utd.

PES manager mode will be interesting. If you pick Newcastle they lock the gates on you and you can't play the game again.
or they bring in a Director of Player recruitment and they end up buying all the Liverpool rejects unbeknown to you..... :up:
DjBigK
Snoochy Boochies!
Snoochy Boochies!

Post by DjBigK »

picked it up yesterday. 79 flat through price match at eb gold coast. Even though k-mart hadn't received stock yet. Review forthcoming...... Front cover: very ugly. Rooney and ronny... Eww back cover: corny but promising. Can't play it yet unfortunately. Jealous of you bastards. So you do have to choose a team for games ranch united to use?
Texas

Post by Texas »

Pat wrote:
Saturday, 13 September 2008
Barclays Premier League
Liverpool 2-1 Man Utd
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
Blotto
Man Fairy

Post by Blotto »

Texas wrote:
Pat wrote:
Saturday, 13 September 2008
Barclays Premier League
Liverpool 2-1 Man Utd
Why dont you post the result you had against Stoke at Anfield? :lol:
Texas

Post by Texas »

Blotto wrote:
Cardsy wrote:
yep... big man, no where to be seen..... we'll start calling Tex 'Mike Ashley'.... :lol:
Doubt you will see me this weekend, DJing both nights.
Gr8ness

Texas

Post by Texas »

Blotto wrote:
Why dont you post the result you had against Stoke at Anfield? :lol:
Cause it's not as funny as beating you lot.
Gr8ness