Thoughts on these XBLA games?

Organise online games for XBL / PSN / PC / Switch

Moderators: General Chaos, Candy Arse, jizzlobber

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Thoughts on these XBLA games?

Post by Candy Arse »

In the mood for some "simple" gaming action, looking through the XBLA back catalogue there are a few titles I didn't buy but had, and still have, and interest in. Some unbiased impressions/thoughts on the following would be good -

Bionic Commando. Though I think I'm pretty much sold anyway.

Assault Heroes 2. Loved the original.

Prince of Persia. Wondering if there's any real replay value left in this game. Also how is it compared to the original?
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

PoP is pretty much a graphical update of the original but looks similar to PoP Sands of Time although still onthe 2D plain obviously.

BC, I love it apar from the annoying grappling button takes awhile to get used to. Thik of the game as a mix between the NES Bionic COmmando and the arcae version of Commando (It has sub levels when your helicopter is spotted and changes to a top down vertical shooter although the levels are short). Includes remixes of the original BC and Commando music. Definitely worth the money.

Geometry Wars Jeep 2, dunno, never bothered with it as I found the first one dragged on towards the end so never played it.
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Brown Hornet

Post by Brown Hornet »

Both of those are good buys, IMO.

Bionic Commando is rather difficult though, and because of that difficulty i find i don't play it when i'm looking for something simple to play. Have you checked out Marble Blast Ultra? I find that game fits my 'simple' niche quite nicely.