WMP11 to 360 streaming

Organise online games for XBL / PSN / PC / Switch

Moderators: General Chaos, Candy Arse, jizzlobber

lexo

WMP11 to 360 streaming

Post by lexo »

I'm trying to set it up right now. I've gotten it to the point of finding my computer and stuff but it can't see any of the media I have shared in WMP11 for it. I've followed the steps on the xbox.com/setup page but for some reason it can't see any of the media in my library. Anyone have any ideas?
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

You need to grant access to the 360 from WMP... can't quite remember how to do it, but your PC should see the 360 on the network and grant it permission. Double check firewalls etc.
lexo

Post by lexo »

Yeah I've granted permission already, I wonder if it's my router.. I can see my computer though?
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Save yourself the headaches and just install TVersity

I couldn't get sharing working through Windows either and even ended up with the Zune client to no avail. TVersity works flawlessly and with every media type you chuck at it.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Explain.
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Install and load TVersity on your PC. Choose some folders to share (any music, video, etc). On your 360 dashboard disable the current PC connection and establish another one to the new TVersity PC. ...?... Profit.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

OK, but if you've already got a working connection to WMP11 is there any extra benefit that would warrant me to use TVersity?
lexo

Post by lexo »

Thanks, I gave Tversity a go and it works. Organising all my media in it is going to be a bit of a pain though, I wish WMP11 worked. Pretty strange that it doesn't..
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Madmya wrote:OK, but if you've already got a working connection to WMP11 is there any extra benefit that would warrant me to use TVersity?
It supports more file types but if you haven't come across anything that you haven't been able to stream through WMP then there's no real point in switching. The main reason I use TVersity is because I spent ages trying to get WMP working with no luck and it seems lexo has now had similar success with it.
westical
Lockyer's Lovechild
Lockyer's Lovechild
XBL ID: westical

Post by westical »

Madmya wrote:OK, but if you've already got a working connection to WMP11 is there any extra benefit that would warrant me to use TVersity?
Some stuff that doesn't work in WMP11 might via TVersity, that's about it. It's usefulness fell when the DivX/Xvid support came out.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Yeah, I will definitely give it a go then because there are heaps of files where it's good enough to give a preview picture of the video but strangely won't play the video. How that works is beyond me.

Seems pretty useful to me, thanks.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Oh my god! Wow, it is so much better than WMP11.

Very happy.
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
Replica
Almost Original

Post by Replica »

With a little fucking about you can use it to stream web tv and video feeds as well. Best free app I have ever used!
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/replicav2.png[/img]