DST setting borked?

Organise online games for XBL / PSN / PC / Switch

Moderators: General Chaos, Candy Arse, jizzlobber

Gamma
Dot Eater

DST setting borked?

Post by Gamma »

I just noticed the clock on my 360 was still an hour behind, so I went to fix it... The setting for DST was turned on, but doesn't have any effect on the displayed time. Because you can't change it manually, I just changed my timezone to Solomon Islands to correct it, but it seems odd that it isn't right given there's the specific setting for DST.

Anyone else noticed this, or is it just another case of my consoles doing crazy shit of their own accord?
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

nope happened here too :(
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

Isnt it a first that nsw have changed to DST so early this year? Normally tasmania change about 3 weeks before the rest of the country.

A quick confirmation of my boxen shows the correct local time with the same settings you two have.

My suspicion is that the mainland states have changed legislation this year but the time change hasnt been factored in by xbl.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Correct.

You can change the time on your xbox manually if you are not logged into Live. Only problem is that the time changes straight back once you log into Live.

I can't believe that Kevin did not make a point of contacting Bill to let him know that some Australian states were going early this year.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Ah that's right, I remember being super-paranoid, staying offline and pushing the date forward on my Xbox when I nabbed Halo 3 early, just in case the save files got timestamped and the Internet Police found me on launch day. :run:

I didn't realise we'd changed early this year, I just change it whenever someone who's better informed mentions it in conversation. I'd do well to be more aware of these things.

The clock on my PS3 was rooted as well, but it wasn't out by an hour so I don't know what the story was there. The Internet dropped the ball with that one, I reverted to manual and it's keeping time properly. But for how long?
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

It will move ahead a few extra hours when the internet thinks DST kicks in.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

It was out by something obscure like 48 minutes though! I blame Kaz.
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

That's due to a sexagesimal correction factor in order to avert the time keeping issues which would otherwise arise when the current Mayan calendar cycle ends.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

:lol:
Pat
The Fury

Post by Pat »

It makes extra sense when you think about the relevance of '360'. :D
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

In Vic we've been on DST a month earlier for a year or two now...but this morning my phone was reading 8.30am when it was 9.30 am. Reading this I guess it might be some strange Windows Mobile thang similar to what's happening on LIVE.

I haven't even looked at my Xbox.