Save backup

Organise online games for XBL / PSN / PC / Switch

Moderators: General Chaos, Candy Arse, jizzlobber

asmodeus

Save backup

Post by asmodeus »

Does anyone here have a solution for backing up their save games? With the extra use the hard disk is probably going to be getting now that I've installed Fallout 3 to it, I don't particularly like the idea of a hard disk failure wiping out all my saved games.

What method do people here use for backing up their saves? I've done a brief Google search but couldn't find much of use.. and I don't really want to spend $62 or however much they're price gouging at the moment for a 512MB memory stick. Can I even get them off of the memory stick onto my computer so I can back them up along with my PC stuff?

If I have to buy a memory stick, anyone know of anywhere selling them cheaper?
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

You can mod a memory card and whack a USB connection on it to get it talking to your PC, but I don't know of any off the shelf product that does the job. There are instructions for the procedure online somewhere (can't find it again I'm afraid), but if it's just for backing up saves there's not much point since you'll have already bought a memory card.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

There is an off the shelf job that'll do it, but only for 64mb memory cards (which I learnt the hard way).

Check eBay.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Ah, hadn't heard of those. Looks like you're buying a memory card in any case, so you may as well just backup to that. Let the gouging begin!
asmodeus

Post by asmodeus »

Thanks for the info guys. I'd half given in to having to get a memory card in the first place anyway after my initial search.. time to go shopping I suppose.

I'm only really concerned because one of the guys at work had the hard disk in his launch unit fail recently, and hard disk failure is also the reason my original Xbox died..