Can't retrieve infomation from xbox live when redeeming code

Organise online games for XBL / PSN / PC / Switch

Moderators: General Chaos, Candy Arse, jizzlobber

flipswitch
que
que

Can't retrieve infomation from xbox live when redeeming code

Post by flipswitch »

My xbox live gold subscription ends on the 26th of this month, but I have a 1 month subscription code.I put it in, it says it's valid, but when I click redeem this comes up:

Can't retrieve information from xbox live, please try again later
status code 8015d080.

I'm already connected to xbox live, but why is it saying this?
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I've been reading this forum trying to find a solution to this problem, and I came to this forum post.

http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/ind" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... 13945.html
Kagdra Omen
Jan 21, 2009, 11:40 AM
Ian, i was searching the reason behind all of the xbox live BS. and here is what i came up with, Because of the New Xbox Live Experience you can no longer use 48hr gold free trials. and some codes on different cards wont work either! I am an xbox live freak i love playing on-line i actually am pretty much always on-line so my account isn't deleted from inactivity, neither are the several of my Friends and we all are having the same problem! i have used 4 different 48hr codes Ive gone through every different way of trying to put it on there and it wont work i think Microsoft decided to make them all invalid because people will end up using 6 or 7 of them at the same time so they don't have to buy anymore months. Some websites were giving them out for free and Microsoft i think was getting pissed because everyone was exploiting this fault! so they made it so 48hr don't work anymore after you download the new experience and you have to in order to play on live! i have no clue why your 12+1 card isn't working but maybe you can try and get your money back and buy one from a store instead of on-line. even if your live account has been inactive and they deleted your account you should be able to re-register as that account name again and still keep all your achievements, Friends, etc. my account probably got canceled at one point in time because it was inactive for over a year and i can still play on live! maybe if you transfer your account from your xbox to someone else then try putting in the code see if that works, then you can transfer your profile back to your xbox. that's what i did and it seemed to work. its worth a shot and if it doesn't work you can always talk to Achmed at xboxlive support again!!

Kagdra Omen signing off.

So is ms screwing us over?
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Now I found this ( sorry for the tripple post, but this is seriously pissing me off).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ms-in" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... nt-blunder

MS investigating XBL account blunder News

News by Rob Purchese

Wednesday

Microsoft has said the design flaw causing Xbox Live accounts to be wiped beyond recovery, and losing all earned Achievements, is being investigated.

The company issued a statement after a number of people moaned about the problem, which can be diagnosed by the '8015d080' error code when trying to resubscribe.

The problem comes from Windows Live ID email addresses, such as Hotmail accounts, expiring and being deleted. These then disappear along with the associated Gamertag.

A Microsoft customer service rep told GamesIndustry.biz there was no other way around the problem than to set up a new Gamertag with "your preferred email address". Unfortunately Achievement points are non-transferable.

Whoops.

--------------------------------------

I think my passport account has been deleted.I can't sign in anymore, it says my username or passord is wrong.
asmodeus

Post by asmodeus »

I wonder why signing into XBL doesn't also count as a sign in for Live and therefore keep the hotmail account open...

Too bad if you bought stuff from XBLA then also I guess?

I suppose I should occasionally sign in to the hotmail account I used for my xbl ID then (created a second one and used a hotmail address because the 360 wouldn't let me merge my offline profile into the XBL profile I created on the web)...

Edit: I also read a story a while ago about someone who had trouble with this - something about the Netflix stuff on the new dashboard and using a hotmail account that expired due to inactivity.
Last edited by asmodeus on 22 Feb 2009 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

maybe linking your MSN to XBL would do it, I sign into messenger every time I turn on my xbox
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I don't have a hotmail account, just a gmail one.I even have the confirmation of my passport account when I signed up for it in my inbox, but when I try to sign in it says username/password is wrong.

I still receive emails from xbox.com now and then, and just recently I got one saying that my live subsciption is ending and to renew it.I am going to ring up Xbox support today and see what they say.I don't want to start fresh on xbox live with a new gamertag.
MiNiStRy
Occasionally Overlooks Gravity.
XBL ID: MiNiStRyS
PSN ID: MiNiStRy
Steam ID: MiNiStRyS

Post by MiNiStRy »

I had the same problem a while back i found that deleting my profile on the console and starting again fixed it up.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Well I gave xbox a ring, explained everything to them and they told me they have to speak to the higher uppers or something, and ring back on wednesday.
Last edited by flipswitch on 24 Feb 2009 04:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

It's been 48hrs, rang them back up but they said they've got no new information on this problem and to ring back again in 48hrs.Awesome.Looks like I'll will never be able to upgrade to Gold xbox live.

I can't even go into Contanct Infomation (in the dashboard), or Windows Live ID also on the dashboard in account management.This windows pops up:

Can't connect to Xbox LIVE.Please try again later.For more info, go to http://www.xbox.com/support" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

I can see myself ringing these guys up every 48hrs now with no result.

Should I even bother ringing them back up?

http://forum.o2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=11238" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well I figured it out. I called xbox live support and they said that my xbox live email had expired and they had deleted it. So I had to create a new gamertag and scrap my old one. Yeah it really suck because all of my saved data and achievements are sent down the crapper. Well that's how it is. Sorry folks.
and this:
I don't think its the XBox Live itself that has expired, its more likely that the Windows Live ID that is linked to your Gamertag has expired. They do tend to expire after so many days of inactivity.

I don't want to lose all my Halo 3 stats and even my achievements! fark!
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

I've decided to create a new account.My gamertag is grflipswitch.Please add me. :)