Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Incredibly Fucking LTTP: Halo 3

Post by Texas »

Yeah, I know.

And the Cat Hat didn't fit in the end.

I fucking really enjoyed that. Had all my favourite bits from Halo 1 and 2 with some added awesome. Only bits that shat me off were the retrieve Cortana sections; the flood-distorted corridors were all too samey-samey.

If anyone still plays this I'd be up for some multi at some stage.
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
Muzza
Haters can GAGF

Post by Muzza »

I really need to finish this game one day!
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

did you play any 4 player co-op tex? it's awesome
Texas
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

Nah, just went through Solo on lameass (default) to get through it before I try any of that action.
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Atleast you finished it, unlike Blotto.
Blotto
Man Fairy
XBL ID: Blotto Otto
PSN ID: Blotts
Steam ID: Blotto_Otto

Post by Blotto »

t0mby wrote:Welcome to the Xbot Circle Jerk Club. Let me be the first to hand you a Sao biscuit
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

I really enjoyed the single player experience the first time through (with the exception of the bits you mentioned) and then started on the next difficulty before eventually losing interest. I would've liked to have played some online co-op but at the time I think everyone here was doing competitive stuff...or I just wasn't invited.

A few things about it annoyed me though. Some sections just fell a little flat, the story (although kinda resolved) didn't really have the grand meaningful scope I'd built myself up for, and the couch co-op...that was a joke. My single biggest complaint. My brother and I had an awesome time with couch co-op on the original Halo and the second one was good too although short, but couch co-op on Halo 3 felt like an afterthought (which it probably was).

If I were more into the online competitive aspect then it would've had more longevity for me, but for my own personal reasons I'd rate the series 10, 9, and 8 in order. Good fun but though 'n that 'n stuff.
BigSwingingUdders
NOT JIZZLOBBER
XBL ID: Pre-baked
PSN ID: 40% Better

Post by BigSwingingUdders »

Story was balls, cheap sci-fi novel at best. Animation is very last gen and human character models are average, what is up with the faces? I have only ever played this through on Heroic, apparently it's better on Legendary though but I can only stomach so much cheese.

Online MP is great though, only if you play with local mates and not random yanks. I still play LAN MP at lunch everyday, sticky and snip wars never get old :D
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Single player is brilliant. 10, 9, 10 for the three halo's respectively.
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
Blotto
Man Fairy

Post by Blotto »

BigSwingingUdders wrote:Story was balls, cheap sci-fi novel at best. Animation is very last gen and human character models are average, what is up with the faces? I have only ever played this through on Heroic, apparently it's better on Legendary though but I can only stomach so much cheese.

Online MP is great though, only if you play with local mates and not random yanks. I still play LAN MP at lunch everyday, sticky and snip wars never get old :D
agree with this... Single Player was rubbish & boring IMO, Multiplayer was great with the right people and decent server.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Blotto, you haven't even nearly finished it. Nor would you have done it on a decent difficulty. We've established that you are in fact a hack of a human mainly due to this.
Blotto
Man Fairy

Post by Blotto »

Madmya wrote:Blotto, you haven't even nearly finished it. Nor would you have done it on a decent difficulty. We've established that you are in fact a hack of a human mainly due to this.
:lol: winding you xbot clowns up is just too fucking easy...
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Sorry, was I meant to put in a ' :lol: ' at the end of the post?
Blotto
Man Fairy

Post by Blotto »

up to you clown... I dont give a shit either way...
asmodeus

Post by asmodeus »

Muzza wrote:I really need to finish this game one day!
See you in 5 hours.

I really enjoyed it, but it was over way too soon.
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

Halo 3 giant anus levels were annoying in legendary difficulty. The transmutating zombies are kinda like those insects from 2 in terms of being hard to take down and brings the pace down. (the creature designer must have been playing too much metroid)

The human flying vehicle sections were the highlight of the third game for me. This game is really just halo 2.5 in terms of what it felt like. Rather than being epic and having many twists and turns it just felt like you were completing a long final mission to mop up the remaining aliens.

It was everything we expected from a halo but it suffers from having a "tacked on to no.2" feel to it. (not that huge a jump from the last game graphically and not enough "WTF I could never have expected this" moments)
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto