So I bought an Xbox 360

Organise online games for XBL / PSN / PC / Switch

Moderators: General Chaos, Candy Arse, jizzlobber

Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

So I bought an Xbox 360

Post by Hercy »

So, what game should I buy to play online with you guys? Or is there some game on the near horizon that I'd be better off waiting for, so that I don't get creamed by people who've spent too long practicing?

Twit is making Chromehounds sound pretty cool but it doesn't seem like many people here play it.

So far I've only got PGR3 and played a few games with randoms.

Oh, and I've downloaded that poker game and will transfer my $5 soon. The rules about whether I'll be on the high rollers table or not are much too complex for me to understand, but whatever.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

I love chromehounds but I can't recommend it, not enough people play it.

just about all of us like COD2, we haven't played it heaps in recent times and i'm not sure if we'll play it with some great games coming soon.

but it's about 50 bux at kmart I think, can't go wrong, brilliant game, the single player mode alone is worth the price
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

Chromehounds is one of those fun but flawed games. It can be excellent at times but it can also be frustrating when you have connection issues, bugs, etc. They also need to do something to give the persistent war thing more longevity and meaning. I haven't played it much lately because I still need to figure out their support schedule to fix that fucken -999K problem, but will probably get back to it again at some point.

Not really sure what my next online fix will be either. Everyone seems to like Saints Row at the moment but it doesn't do anything for me. Looking forward to TDU. I should probably grab my copy of PGR3 back off a friend so I can join you guys for the odd hoon (although I'll probably be pretty inept).
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

If you haven't already done it Hercy,go to the connection test at the dash and make sure your nat ports are open.Sometimes the firewall in your modem can play funny buggers with connecting to games as well.
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Yeah, my Xbox Live test was coming up all OK.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

You might have had compatibility issues with someone in the room.You could join initially right?A few people joined soon after you so the problem might have been there.
Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Yeah, I was playing fine with Agonny, Jizzy, and MC Wang for quite a while. I'll just have to play around with a few of those settings mentioned in the other thread if I have problems in future.
MCWrang
XBL ID: MCWrang
Steam ID: MCWrang

Post by MCWrang »

haha, i love it how people read my name MC Wang. its almost like bypassing the XBL censorship.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

My tests always said everything was okay even though I had problems in certain scenarios and with certain people. If you have both a modem and a wireless router then switch the modem into bridge mode or do the DMZ forward thing – that fixed it for me. No problems since then.