Borderlands PS3

Organise online games for XBL / PSN / PC / Switch

Moderators: General Chaos, Candy Arse, jizzlobber

Gamma
Dot Eater

Borderlands PS3

Post by Gamma »

I've just jumped Piss Wash on my second playthrough as a Siren, level 37. I thoroughly enjoyed flying solo but I wouldn't mind some co-op.

Any takers? Twit I'm looking at you.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

:shock:

I may be on tonight depending on some stuff 'n shit. But yeah, I'm near the same point so that would work well (although I'm also a hot chick Siren).
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

Well I ended up having a couple good bashes on Borderlands tonight. What happened to you ducky?
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

Bah, sorry dude I was on an epic phone call and just missed you. I'll be on for the next few hours.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

Hey McGongoid - do you have a headset or anything? It's a bit hard to be organisated without one. I think we were both just running and gunning pretty spastically there. We should get some coordination happening next time. :)
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

No headset here, I was going to grab one in that MAG bundle then trade the game in but everywhere in town's been out of stock for ages. I'll probably get one when they come back in, it'd be good for Little Big Planet too (which we should also play more of).

That Phoenix dealio you had looked like it was caning on pretty hard, I might rearrange some of my skill points. I read on some Borderlands nerd site that the class mods that give bonuses cap out at 5 on a lot of the Controller Tree skills, ie if you have 5/5 Diva and a class mod that gives +2 Diva, you've still only got 5, so you're better off spending two of those points elsewhere. There are probably a few things I could do to free up some points given I poured a lot into that left-hand column.

Awesome game though, I'm definitely up for some more online antics. :)
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

Do you have a laptop? When my brother and I play this we just use Skype with the laptops sitting on the coffee table. It works well and is easier than in-game chat I reckon. You really need to be able to talk in this game.

That Pheonix skill is the setting people on fire one yeah? I only have a couple levels on that I think (I don't really pay too much attention to be honest). It's fun but can make it a bit hard to see what's going on at times when I've set everyone on fire and I'm on fire and I'm shooting my sniper rifle which also sets people on fire and causes explosions. My other weapons are starting to get a bit crap though - I need a new shotty and SMG.

I haven't been on LBP for ages either. Have you been working on any more levels or anything?
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

If everything's on fire you're generally doing pretty well!

I've got a laptop but if it suits you it'd be easier to use the 360 for chat, I've got a few headsets. My weapons are pretty shit, I've got an awesome revolver with x4 corrosive but everything else has no elemental damage and is pretty pus. I find elemental weapons but their base damage is always shit next to the ones I have, even taking into account critical hit multipliers and whatnot. I hear elemental weapons really come to the fore in Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, but I haven't actually played it so who knows.

As for LBP, I have a level that I've been fiddling with on and off since November 2008, so yeah, it's time to draw the line and invite in some playtesters. It's ridiculously difficult though. In a Braid way- you can always keep walking, but if you want to 100% that bitch you'll be there for a while. It's all puzzle-based like Felt Castle but I've engaged with the physics (and sound) a lot more, it's all built around the use of cannons. It's still pretty far from completion though, there still aren't solid confines to the level and things like that, but it's playable. Give me a yell. :)

I've actually considered taking annual leave to finish it off properly. :redface: