Up the Mighty Liberals! #inmalcolmwetrust

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Re: Up the Mighty Liberals! #inmalcolmwetrust

Post by Madmya »

Thousands of messages telling people to "help make history and vote yes for a fairer Australia" have been sent this weekend, prompting many to ask how the campaign got their phone numbers.
our ABC

Somehow I think they're at least two orders of magnitude off the scale of this SMS bomb.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

I no fan of unsolicited SMS marketing but to be fair the Yes people didn’t want this campaign. The No side pushed for a vote and campaigns from either side are the result. SMS works as a marketing vehicle. Fucked if I know why.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

"I didn't want to do this but you made me".

???
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I think it'll be a bit funny if the Libs actually change the laws when Labor didn't have the guts to a few years ago. It was only a few years ago that gay Penny Mong and the Liar said we didn't need it.

I wonder what will happen if the NO vote is the most popular. Will Labor do it anyway when they eventually gain power? I doubt it
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Yeah that's an interesting point. I'm quite certain Bill has said they would but it's been easy to say something like that. If the majority voted no...

???
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

The majority of voters? Depends on participation. It’s non-compulsory. If No gets up there’s still a tonne of space for counter polls and spin, such is the lameness of this voluntary, non-binding delay tactic. Everyone knows SSM will get up if not now then in the near future.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Like Brexit and Trump this is the last chance demographics-wise for the oldies to take a dump on their children and grandchildren.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

Yeah! Thems old people with all their life experiences can fuck off and die already!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Yeah I think that's just wishful thinking. Plenty of younger people will be voting NO. Most religious types will vote NO. I've also heard somewhere that quite a few gay people plan on voting NO simply to make us look even more backward.

I should add, I voted yes because my religious neighbour requested I vote no "for the future of our children".
Twiztid Elf
Team Wowboy
XBL ID: Koco Savage
PSN ID: giantenemycrabb

Post by Twiztid Elf »

I'm sure those of you on my facebook saw my rant.

Anyhow, I voted Yes today because I
1) Don't believe in denying fellow Australians basic human rights. This is why I'm angry and I don't believe in this survey. Basic human rights cannot be debated.
2) I have no business denying fellow Australians their right to peacefully pursue happiness.

People who vote No are cruel selfish arseholes as far as I'm concerned.
RIGHTEOUS FURY
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Froggy wrote:I don't have skin in either game but the bullying by the Yes campaign is next level retarded.
I honestly can't believe people think this, given the shit that same-sex couples have had to put up with for... well, their whole lives. Oh, and the fact that it's coming from the No camp just as bad - if not worse.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

My Auntie & Uncle in Adelaide voted no because they are stuck in their ways. :?
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Ambrose Burnside

Must be all that life experience shining the way forward for us to follow.
Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 6 (PC), FIFA 21 (Series X), TimeSplitters 2 (Series X BC)
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

You should go down there and jam them down a well or something, Ambrose.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Froggy wrote:I don't have skin in either game but the bullying by the Yes campaign is next level retarded.
I'm just going to copy/paste my Facebook rant from the other day here:
You are not being bullied, you are being engaged in debate. We are supposed to be having a national debate about same-sex marriage; just ask any of the politicians who thought it was a good idea to waste millions of dollars of our taxes on it.
So, instead of whining about being "bullied" when your views are challenged, how about you actually defend them? Stand up for your belief. Construct your argument in a coherent fashion. Engage people.
If your argument is so weak that you have to cry "bullying!" when it gets challenged, then perhaps you should rethink your position, or come up with a better argument.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Ambrose Burnside

Madmya wrote:You should go down there and jam them down a well or something, Ambrose.
:lol: wat
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

We can't have old people having an opinion.
Ambrose Burnside

Of course they can, which is why Tones (in his case he's taking a dump on his own sister, but whatever) knew this ridiculous stunt had to happen now and not in 5 or 10 years time.

By then it'll be law anyway. Hopefully without too much more heartache for the gay community and our own poor Froggy #StandByFroggy
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot

Post by Madmya »

You've changed, man.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Wow look at your reactions to my post where I never even said I'm voting no and then Unfnk posts some virtue signalling sad ass post from his facebook to top it off. You just proved my point, the complete attitude that anyone who disagree's is only doing it because they are a bigoted homophobe is astounding in it's arrogance but complete lack of self awareness.

NO ONES BULLYING YOU SO JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP OK WITH YOUR HOMOPHOBIC BULLSHIT.

SHUT THE FUCK UP OLD PEOPLE AND DIE WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE HAVING THAT OPINION EVERYONE I KNOW THINKS THE SAME AS ME!

unfnk virtue signalling to his facebook friends is gold EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES EXPLAIN TO ME I WONT BULLY YOU, YOU BIGOTED HOMOPHOBIC RELIGION GAY HATING WANKTARD, just have a debate man come on. Basically hoping someone replies so you can then abuse them so everyone is like yeah you are the king of values and thinking right!!

I dunno who will get blamed if they manage to fuck this one but generally something ridiculous does because when you are so absolute in your thinking being correct and that any other thought is wrong then it's incomprehensible when a bunch of people are able to form a different opinion. See Ambrose reaction to Brexit and Trump as examples of people still not getting it, i.e. people only voted a different way because someone made them.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Ambrose Burnside wrote:Of course they can, which is why Tones (in his case he's taking a dump on his own sister, but whatever) knew this ridiculous stunt had to happen now and not in 5 or 10 years time.

By then it'll be law anyway. Hopefully without too much more heartache for the gay community and our own poor Froggy #StandByFroggy
It must have been all that vote No posts I made and everything to give you this impression? Or is it that you are so used to jumping on anyone who even sounds negative and showing them all of your tolerance.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

I don't understand how anyone could possibly deny same sex couples the absolute joy of divorce.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
Ambrose Burnside

Jebus Froggy where'd you find such ridiculously long bows to draw? They must fire even bigger arrows than the ones that killed Boromir.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Froggy wrote:You just proved my point, the complete attitude that anyone who disagree's is only doing it because they are a bigoted homophobe is astounding in it's arrogance
To think there is any legitimate reason that anyone has the right to deny marriage to the gay and lesbian community is astounding in its arrogance.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Froggy wrote:Wow look at your reactions to my post where I never even said I'm voting no and then Unfnk posts some virtue signalling sad ass post from his facebook to top it off. You just proved my point, the complete attitude that anyone who disagree's is only doing it because they are a bigoted homophobe is astounding in it's arrogance but complete lack of self awareness.

NO ONES BULLYING YOU SO JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP OK WITH YOUR HOMOPHOBIC BULLSHIT.

SHUT THE FUCK UP OLD PEOPLE AND DIE WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE HAVING THAT OPINION EVERYONE I KNOW THINKS THE SAME AS ME!

unfnk virtue signalling to his facebook friends is gold EVERYONE WHO DISAGREES EXPLAIN TO ME I WONT BULLY YOU, YOU BIGOTED HOMOPHOBIC RELIGION GAY HATING WANKTARD, just have a debate man come on. Basically hoping someone replies so you can then abuse them so everyone is like yeah you are the king of values and thinking right!!

I dunno who will get blamed if they manage to fuck this one but generally something ridiculous does because when you are so absolute in your thinking being correct and that any other thought is wrong then it's incomprehensible when a bunch of people are able to form a different opinion. See Ambrose reaction to Brexit and Trump as examples of people still not getting it, i.e. people only voted a different way because someone made them.
*In best David Attenborough voice* and here we have a straight white male.. drenched in default privilege - having no clue what it's like to be in a demographic that has been harassed, bullied, abused, attacked and murdered for decades.

I've tried to engage many NO voters in rational discussion.. in fact I had one just today and the general gist of it was and I shit you not.. this is how simple it is "It's my right to deny you yours". When it comes to such an important topic.. saying it's your opinion and not giving a rational explanation (because let's be clear here.. there isn't one) is a very frustrating issue.. and you want to call the score.. the No voters have been far worse in the content and sentiment that has been put out there. No Voters cry bullying when in fact it is Yes Voters and those from gay community who want legitimate, factual, sensible reasons.. and to hold those accountable for saying the false and misleading things that have been said.

It's a fucked up situation. No Voters KNOW that they only have discriminatory feels and distraction tactics as the basis of their claim... Yes Voters have facts, history, research, stats and a nod to human rights on their side.. but No Voters seem to get upset they are being held accountable and thus get all sooky lala and state they are being bullied. Imagine a defendant in a court of law being asked to justify why they did something only for them to simply say it's their right/opinion like that should be the end of discussion.

If you are voting on how I live my life.. I think I deserve a decent reason as to why you are denying me equality.. if you can't do that.. Vote YES or don't vote at all.

This whole shitastrophe was being a horror for Australian people.