Movies you've seen lately.

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Re: Movies you've seen lately.

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm giving it oodles of of leeway for only being two films. The story really should have been three films, or at least two films of three hours plus credits. The story really was stripped down to its bones, and where part one was reasonably accurate, part two is more of an impressionistic interpretation. Like, it doesn't take anything away from the book, it doesn't really add anything, it just exists as a separate telling of the story. I definitely didn't get along with the super compressed timeline of the second film. It's supposed to be at least two years, not six months
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

Saw Civil War last night. It was really average and disappointing. I was expecting something on the level of Children of Men, a society in decline, but on steroids. If America ever fell, it would be a bloodbath of apocalyptic proportions - Civil War, everything was just too clean and the story trite. The young female actor, she kept making ridiculous decisions throughout - insulting to the viewer's intelligence. I kept rooting for a sniper to take her out. I was hoping for something more realistic and visceral - in the smaller shots you got a sense society was ripping itself apart but the wide view, the cities looked untouched and there were no disturbances to the grid. Just took me out of it. Alex Garland can do better than this. Wish he'd do Dredd 2 already.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.
flipswitch
que
que

Post by flipswitch »

Do you think Joker 2 will top the first one?
Rorschach
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Rorschach »

I wasn't initially sold on the musical aspect of it when first announced. However, after seeing the trailer I think it'll be as good, if not better than the original. Lady Gaga makes more sense as a Harley that Margot ever did - Margot just looked too perfect.
ANATHEMATIC ILLIMITED, TRANSFATAL EXPRESS, VIRAL INCORPORATED, INTERNATIONAL EPIDEMICS & MENSTRUAL MOTORCYCLES.