The Official Motorsport thread

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Garth Tander was raped by his pit team this weekend. The Holden was the faster car which is why Wincup's effort in keeping it smooth and consistent out front for 3 out of 3 races was an outstanding effort and very entertaining to watch.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

I think Tander and Whincup's cars were fairly evenly matched, but they each had advantages in different sections. It's a boring track really, there just isn't much opportunity to pass unless you have heaps more speed than the other driver, and even then it's risky. All the big passing manoeuvres happen in the pits, and yeah - Tander's crew let him down (but I think he also let himself down by not pushing hard enough on the in/out laps).

Also - Stoner has won the final round in Valencia! Good finish to the season for him - second in the championship and he can finally take some time off and relax...and get some bone taken out of his hip and shoved into his wrist. It was a great championship defence that he can be proud of. I reckon it will be great to see Stoner and Hayden together next year. They'll have similar riding styles and hopefully can help each other push the Ducati development further.
jahooley
Baby you got a stew goin!

Post by jahooley »

Twit wrote:Also - Stoner has won the final round in Valencia! Good finish to the season for him - second in the championship and he can finally take some time off and relax...and get some bone taken out of his hip and shoved into his wrist.
Yea amazing pace too. I think Stoner & Hayden go straight into testing for the new GP9s this week...
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

Wow... surprised that there's no news in here about Briscoe winning the Indy up at the Gold Coast! First win by an Aussie ever, and on home soil too :D
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

'Cos he claims himself to be a kiwi doesn't he?
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
Texas
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

Shaneus wrote:Wow... surprised that there's no news in here about Briscoe winning the Indy up at the Gold Coast! First win by an Aussie ever, and on home soil too :D
Nobody cares about one of the V8 Support races mate ;)
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: shimma
PSN ID: shimma1138
Steam ID: stanard

Post by stanard »

Sooo...Massa is on Pole for the final round in Brazil, and Hamilton is down in 4th.

If Massa wins, I think Hamilton only needs to finish 5th to get the championship, and if Hamilton retires, then Massa needs to finish at least 2nd to win the championship.

Should be cracker!
Dan Syndrome

Post by Dan Syndrome »

Watch Kimi reverse into Hamilton at the start. And if that doesn't work he's going to drive into the McLaren pit crew at 260 kmh. A cracker indeed!
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by stanard »

:lol:

I'm just hoping Alonso can get behind Hamilton. That'll be interesting.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by stanard »

OH MY FUCKING GOD!

That was amazing. Absolutely amazing.

[Click to see hidden content]
Well done Hamilton, as much as I don't want to admit it, you deserved it the most.

That was one of the most nail-biting finishes I've ever, ever seen.

Wow.

FUCKING WOW.
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by stanard »

I completely forgot...

Poor DC :(
Dan Syndrome

Post by Dan Syndrome »

Damn shame I missed that race. :(
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

I wish I didn't get up to watch it

glock let him pass, I don't care what anyone says, I turned the TV off in disgust and went to bed, fuck this sport!
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by stanard »

RAIN + DRY TYRES = SLOW.

Trulli posted an almost identical final lap (was also on dry tyres) so he decided to just go slow too?
Texas

Post by Texas »

Toyota can go fuck my sock. That was a crock of shit. I hope Mclaren want to pay them a shitload.
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

it's a disgrace, the championship was decided by a team/driver who wasn't in the race... it just shouldn't happen.

is it true glock and hamilton used to race together as joniors?

anyway, it will be forever tainted, i'd feel embarrassed to win that way, i'd rather lose
Beer Belly
The Sweetest banana in the bunch
XBL ID: BeerBelly 360
PSN ID: BeerBellyAU
Steam ID: kigurai

Post by Beer Belly »

LOL @ some of yous! It was a truly nail-biting race but I don't see any conspiracy theory raised on the F1 sites I've been to....except for this one. :D

I think it must be mentioned that certain sections of the track accumulate standing water more readily than others...the last corner before the main straight and the first one after it are prime examples. And as someone above said... RAIN + DRY TYRES = SLOW.

EDIT: are you trying to say that Toyota intentionally kept Glock out on the track with dry tyres so as to let Hamilton win? Now THAT'D be one heck of a theory.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

all I saw was glock holding him off easily after hamilton's fuck up, then he slowed right down just before the end to let him past.

i'm surprised there's not more written on the news sites, one of the morning shows reported the race how I saw it saying glock let him past, also using the word 'controversial'.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Right. I've been avoiding the news all day so I could watch this race. And I've just finished and I'm furious. There's no fucking way that on dry's you'd do a lap time of 1m 44s, especially it was fine the lap before. There's not that huge a difference between the two laps.

God I even watched iTV's pit interview with Ron Dennis and he's like 'Glock's on dry's you can take him on the last lap'. Yeah right fuck off, you paid them you cunt.
Candy Arse wrote: XBONE 900p > PS4 1080p
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Yeah there was something weird about how slow Glock went on that last lap. But its over, no use complaining now.
Beer Belly
The Sweetest banana in the bunch
XBL ID: BeerBelly 360
PSN ID: BeerBellyAU
Steam ID: kigurai

Post by Beer Belly »

I'd like to see more of this interesting theory that's for sure.

In other news, ITV bowed out of F1 coverage. Back to BBC next year. Brundle is under negotiation with them from what I've read. Not sure about James.
Texas

Post by Texas »

Beer Belly wrote: EDIT: are you trying to say that Toyota intentionally kept Glock out on the track with dry tyres so as to let Hamilton win? Now THAT'D be one heck of a theory.
Exactly.
Gr8ness

Dan Syndrome

Post by Dan Syndrome »

Really if Toyota were going to let Hamilton win, would they leave it until the last turn?
stanard
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by stanard »

Ok.

So no one remembers Spa? A few of the drivers (Alonso for example) pitted coming into the final lap and absolutely tore through the field. Bourdais who was still on dry tyres dropped from 4th to 7th on the last corner.

Watch the inboard from Hamilton at Brazil - the car was as twitchy as fuck whenever he tried to put the power down - a 20 second lap difference doesn't seem out of the question for the drivers on dry tyres - and Trulli did virtually the same fucking time as Glock - I find it hard to believe that they were both asked to slow down intentionally, and magically managed to perform almost identical lap times.

And for arguments sake - Massa was gifted 2 points in Shanghai after Kimi let him through, and of course there's the Spa debacle - so that one extra point is irrelevant anyway if you want to look at it from a different viewpoint.
Shaneus
Rank AAA
Rank AAA
XBL ID: Shaneus
PSN ID: Shaneus2k2
Steam ID: Shaneus2k2

Post by Shaneus »

Wait... can someone explain to me exactly what happened at this race? It's kinda hard to work out what went on just from these comments :(