All purpose UFC/MMA thread

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: All purpose UFC/MMA thread

Post by Candy Arse »

Overeem and Henderson to UFC plz. Fedor is done as a HW, his best shot is in the LHW division but I doubt he'll go to the UFC with his M1 dickhead knobjockeys representing him.

No guarantee Overeem would tear through the UFC heavies either btw, it's not as if the division is soft in the UFC at the moment.

Would love to see Overeem vs Dos Santos, mind you.
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Nah, not suggesting UFC's heavyweights are soft, its just Overeem himself, the man is just a monster on a mission
Fedor is done as a HW, his best shot is in the LHW division but I doubt he'll go to the UFC with his M1 dickhead knobjockeys representing him
Yeah, those looking after him a serious wankers, their excuse for Fedor's loss in Strikeforce last month where fucken hilarious....
Would love to see Antonio "Big Foot" Silva in there aswell....one huge motherfucker....he brutalized Fedor
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Don't want to come across like an Overeem hater because I'm VERY far from it, but let's keep it real - he hasn't fought much real elite opposition the last few years.

You could argue the KO of Brett Rogers but he's a pretender to begin with. The last elite fighter he fought in his prime I would say was Shogun who blew him up big time. CroCop was already over the hill when they fought.

I could see Overeem handling a lot of UFC heavyweights, but I think he would have his hands really full with Dos Santos and Valasquez.
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

Candy Arse wrote:Don't want to come across like an Overeem hater because I'm VERY far from it, but let's keep it real - he hasn't fought much real elite opposition the last few years.
QFTW!! :up:
Pariah
Street Fighter HD Remix Champ

Post by Pariah »

As much as I like Overeem UFC HW division wont be free at all for him...he will need to work for sure..but i think given time to adjust to UFC Overeem vs the top HW in UFC will prove to provide epic matches..

unlike some fighters in other promotions overeem is in his prime..he will take to UFC like a duck to water imo...and he will be a fan favorite i truly believe...you can see the dude is hungry..he will work his arse off...he has wanted to join the UFC since like 2008 when he was asked in an interview...but you know contracts and shit blah blah blah get in the way of truly having the best fighters under one roof...but now with this new development finally if everything goes to plan we will see Overeem join the UFC...Dana himself has said in the past overeem is "ready" to join the UFC..and from what i gather dana really like Overreem so that is great...because we sure know dana has more than his share of beefs with other fighters...public beefs at that :lol:
[img]http://i30.tinypic.com/5as8eq.gif[/img]
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

why isn't anyone talking about jon jones?
no shit, he fucking dominated shogun, hardly got hit, beat shogun to a pulp, shogun even tapped at herb stopped it.

looked like a cat playing with a mouse... but it was fucking shogun!!
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Jon Jones dominated Shogun but Shogun looked like he was out of match form, I think it had been way too long between bouts but I'm not sure if that is due to injury or what, a year between fights is too long to stay sharp and he paid for it.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

The match isn't really worth talking about. Shogun was CLEARLY underdone coming back from a long layoff. The UFC wanted the strap around Jones ASAP which is why he had the quick turnaround from the Bader fight.

The Shogun that fought yesterday was NOT the same guy who demolished Machida.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

so you don't really rate jones?

i'd like to see jones vs machida
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Jones is fantastic. I think he would have beat a 100% Shogun, but a 100% Shogun would have made it a FAR more competitive fight than it was yesterday.

I can't think of anyone in the division who can walk up and take the belt from Jones at this point in time. Rashad Evans is going to get destroyed.

Anderson Silva fighting him at LHW would be an amazing fight, better than Silva vs GSP IMO.

The only other competition could come from a HW dropping weight. Someone like Dos Santos if he could make the cut.

Jones looks like a younger, larger version of Anderson Silva. Even if he loses in the near future, at 23 years of age he's got a pretty special career ahead of him methinks.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

fuck yeah, he's awesome to watch too... too many blokes trying to counter punch or laying in position.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

He's got so much variety when he's striking, he really does look like Anderson Silva sometimes. Reverse spin kicks, straight front kicks, side kicks to the legs, spinning elbows, flying knees etc.

Yesterday he showed fantastic patience. Also his ridiculous reach can't be underestimated. Fucker's got a longer reach than I do and I have gorilla arms.

I don't think Machida could hold up under a Jones rushdown. Rampage v Jones could be fun if Rampage trained hard for it.

If we could go back in time 6 years and grab Wanderlei Silva or Cro Cop it would be beautiful.
Pariah

Post by Pariah »

it was a true fucking arse beating.. :lol:

Jon Jones is going to fucking own Rashad...unless Rashad gets lucky ko hit :lol:

fuck all this shit i just want to see jones vs anderson silva...ima back jones so you can book that

As much as i love rampage he is a pretty lazy fighter at times..and unless he really put in the hardwork i would see him getting blown up by jones very badly..though if rampage went in hard it could be an amazing amazing fight to witness.

also i like jones because the dude is not a fucking bore..he has that swagger..and its not fake swagger for show its the real deal :up:
[img]http://i30.tinypic.com/5as8eq.gif[/img]
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

Had a great idea today for a match I would like to see: Koscheck vs. Bisping. Koscheck would spend most of his time pretending to have been kneed in the head while he was down, and Bisping would spend most of his time actually kneeing Koscheck in the head while he is down. Everyone's happy.
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

How's this for awesome news?
GO! will air sports reality TV show The Ultimate Fighter from next Thursday, fast-tracked just hours after it has aired in the US.

The Ultimate Fighter: Team Lesnar Vs. Team Dos Santos sees unknown, professional martial artists living together in Las Vegas, and follows them as they train and compete against each other for a contract with the UFC.
:rock:
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

So nobody interested in this? I think 129 was a pretty damn good event. All the fights were great except for (unfortunately) GSP v Shields. Aldo v Hominick was epic, especially after the arrival of the second head. The finish of Machida / Couture was spectacular. I also enjoyed watching Rory MacDonald piff Nate Diaz all over the place like some play thing.

All round great night except for the last fight. I didn't think Shields really deserved this fight after basically losing to Kampmann, and GSP...gah, he needs to fucking finish when he's so dominant.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

GSP is the most boring fighter on the planet.

Everything else was really good. Any time you see a Diaz brother get owned it's great fun.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

People accuse GSP of being boring, but his last 2 opponents did less than him... koz didn't attack, and neither did this clown yesterday
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

People accuse GSP of being boring because he actually is really boring. Ever since Matt Serra destroyed him in their first match he has become so safe that he just will not finish fights.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

in those last 2 fights he didn't finish, but he was busier than his opposition.
I loved the koz fight, picked him apart but the fight on sunday was a snorefest i'll admit that... but he showed he's an awesome fighter still, he rarely looks troubled

<3 GSP!!
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Candy Arse wrote:People accuse GSP of being boring because he actually is really boring. Ever since Matt Serra destroyed him in their first match he has become so safe that he just will not finish fights.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_st_pierre" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

20 rounds since his last "finish" which was a TKO in the 4th round when BJ Penns camp threw in the towel. If you throw that out, it's 29 rounds, or not a finish to a fight since April 19, 2008 (knees to the body v Matt Serra).

Only made to look good by that retard Jon Fitch, who hasn't had a finish since June 12, 2007.
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered

Post by jizzlobber »

just watched the dos santos v carwin card... one of the best in a while!
dos santos fucking dominated, surprised it went the distance

and the herman v einemo fight was a fucking cracker, fucking awesome awesome fight.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

Carwin looked like pulp after round 1. He's a tough nut to have lasted as long as he did, but also to keep trying all the way. Junior owned, and even got a couple takedowns in the last round just for good measure. Bring on Dos Santos vs Velasquez.

Herman v Einemo was entertaining but it kinda seemed pointless given that they both looked pretty crap. It's like watching Big Country - fun but not very meaningful. Maiaiaiaia v Munoz and Kenflow v Noonen! were both great to watch as well, though it's a pity they went full distance.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

jizzlobber wrote:just watched the dos santos v carwin card... one of the best in a while!
Not hard, 130 sucked and so did the fight night.

Was disappointed to see Cerrone take the easy win.