Movies you've seen lately.

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Richard Donner cut of Superman II. Not as cheesey as the original cut, more scenes of Lex and Otis (FTW) fight scene was extended slightly, bullshit in fortress of solitude removed (I used to play this on krypton, cellophane S), Marlon Brando FTW, cheap ending though, kinda negates the entire film and then makes Superman look like a prick.

Improved but not fantastic.
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Did somebody say GRINDHOUSE trailer?

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/grindhouse_hd.html
Sonic Jam
Hates Gaming. FORUM PARADOX!

Post by Sonic Jam »

Eragon - So utterly mediocre my mother fell asleep 10 times during the movie. Not a joke.

If you can't tell exactly what's going to happen atleast ~15 minutes in advance at any point during the movie (or tell the entire story if you actualy have a hard think about it) then something is wrong with you, it's the largest/longest compilation of cliches and copied ideas/characters I've ever seen.

Just think about taking stuff from old fantasy novels, changing 1 or for some things 2 letters from their original names, then chucking it all together and calling it a fantasy story..

It also utilises an advanced form of the teleportation technology found in 24, in this it's not just Jack Bauer getting around a hectic city in record time, it's whole armies magically appearing on the other side of the world within a single day, simply amazing stuff.

All in all I was dissapointed and all I wanted from the movie was a straight LOTR ripoff, instead I got 1 cool fight scene in a very lengthy movie, a TERRIBLE story, and probably the worst dialogue I've heard in a movie this year.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Did... did you just say you went to the movies with your mum?
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

Its the holidays, what better time to be with your family?
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I just thought that at a point you stopped going to kids films with your parents...

hey don't get me wrong, it's cute in a motherboy kind of way... I just found it an odd thing to be mentioning in this forum.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned and not in touch or something. I consider myself too manly or some crap.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

My folks rarely get to do anything with me, and they are going to be far away over the next 1-2 weeks.. So I went out to do something with them during the holidays, my dad is a massive fantasy buff and some new fantasy movie had just come out.

I only mentioned my mum because she ACTUALY FELL ASLEEP IN THE MOVIE - MANY TIMES. It was a way to demonstrate how freakin boring it was.

I never really thought doing something with my parents made me less of a manly man, if I have kids I hope they don't just pretend I don't exist once they leave home.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

This is completely off the topic here... but the more I think about this the weirder it seems...

I guess going to the movies with my parents wasn't something I actually did a lot, so it seems odd to me when you mentioned it.

When I was younger we went to the drive ins as a family... I think I saw ET at the cinema with my family again (it was my birthday) but that was pretty much it. I have always relegated the cinema as a friend activity or something to do alone, but never with family.

Later I saw True Lies with my Dad, that was the only time he and I went to the movies together... strange... Mum and I went and saw some Aussie movie together but that is only because I won her some tickets and no one else would go with her...

Hmmm... even renting out movies we didn't sit down with my rents to watch them. I maybe watched some films with my brother and sisters and a crapload on my own, but never felt comfortable with my parents about. We used to watch some movies on tv with my parents, but that was family action stuff...

I find it odd how my view is so shaped by the things I did at a younger age, so that you mentioned your mum in a post I raised my eyebrow at it and thought it was somewhat odd.

Anyway, back to discussing films instead of my upbringing in regards to movies.
Sonic Jam

Post by Sonic Jam »

Different strokes and all that.

The point is: Don't watch Eragon unless you've seen every other available movie.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Am I mistaken in this? Somewhere I heard that this film is based on the Riders of Pern stuff.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I am mistaken, wikipedia knows all.
mxlegend99
I don't watch Rugby League
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

Rocky Balboa

Fucking awesome :thumbsup: Just finished watching it. God fucking damn it was brilliant. The closest to the original movie so far. Although my favourites were Rocky I and Rocky IV (no story as such, but the movie still ruled).... this is now tied with them. A great end to the story.

10/10.
amba
Nice beaver!
Nice beaver!

Post by amba »

Flushed Away (well they can't all be adult films, can they?)

There were massive problems with the story, but that didn't mean that it wasn't enjoyable. Although it didn't lose their 'look', the style of the movie was different to the normal Aardman stuff... think of the pacing of your old- school WB cartoons.

The dialogue, however, was very very British. Not sure whether Americans would understand half the jokes (especially those at the expense of the French and Germans)

6.5/10.
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/amba][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gelsig/black/amba.png[/img][/url]
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fanta ... versurfer/

Fantastic Four 2 Trailer.

Mx - Where the fuck did you see Rocky Balboa? I've been dying to see it and it's now been pushed back till Feb.
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

BTW guys I want to get some talk going regarding our latest DVD purchases. Keep it in here or start a new thread?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Oh also I watched Walk The Line last night. Instant classic, 9.5 out of 10. Phoenix is amazing, especially his singing, but Witherspoon was off-the-charts brilliant. Great great GREAT movie.
[IMG]http://gamercards.exophase.com/106445.png[/IMG]
mxlegend99
XBL ID: mxlegend

Post by mxlegend99 »

Scullibundo wrote:http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fanta ... versurfer/

Fantastic Four 2 Trailer.

Mx - Where the fuck did you see Rocky Balboa? I've been dying to see it and it's now been pushed back till Feb.
http://www.nforce.nl/index.php?switchto" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... &id=110018

DVD Screener. Exceptional quality considering the movie had been in cinemas for less then a day when it was released. That's just the NFO file. Not sure if i can post the Torrent file.
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

Ah. I think I'll wait to see it in the cinemas. I enjoy the cinema experience far more than the pirate one.
edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Post by edgecrusher »

Talladega Nights

I dont know why it got average reviews, i loved it. But i love all of Will's work, most of all old school. Not as good as old school but still very very funny. I hope he keeps going on with comedies and he hasnt ruled out old school 2

8.3 I'm on fire out of 10
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

DOA: Dead or Alive

I actually liked this movie. It had some pretty cool fight scenes and a good sense of humour, not to mention the eye candy.

Also the acting managed to stay at an acceptable level for most of the film.

If you go in ready for some mindless entertainment you should come out satisfied.

7.5 Holly Valance Batman's out of 10
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Apocalypto

I didn't hold very high expectations for this one,probably because of Mel's attachment to it but I suppose that isn't really fair.His three hour torture film of Christ was brilliant regardless of what you believe so I should have shown less bias.

Anyway...Apocalypto-Brilliant.Amazing scenery,solid acting and the entire dialogue in subtitles doesn't hurt this film in any way.In fact,I'd say it actually improves the over all feel of the story.A very impressive piece of work.Beautiful and moving,funny and sad.A must see.

9 jungle books out of 10
Scullibundo
V for Thread Derailing
V for Thread Derailing

Post by Scullibundo »

I saw The Blood Diamond.
A good movie that's something different.
7.5/10
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I just finished sitting through that myself.I was quite impressed.

Props to Leonardo's accent too.Great film.
edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Post by edgecrusher »

Exiled

Johnnie To's new flick, has anthony wong and Simon Yam in it for those who watch a bit of hk films. This is a very cool movie indeed, good script, characters are well done and the pistol scenes are done well too. Not a great movie but definately a better then average hk movie. One i'm glad to have in my hk collection.

8 shooting cans out of 10
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
Tales

Post by Tales »

Pan's Labyrinth

I saw this on recommendation of my lady friend. It is amazing! It starts off very family movie-like, but then gets very gruesome. A real story tale for grown-ups! All of the characters do an excellent job of their acting and really add depth, which is quite a feat considering that it is in Spanish and subtitled!

9.3/10
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/TalesAU][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/sig/TalesAU.png[/img][/url]