All purpose UFC/MMA thread

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Re: All purpose UFC/MMA thread

Post by Megaman »

http://mmajunkie.com/news/24720/followi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... ts-ban.mma
The UFC president said he's dead serious about banning the type of bikini bottoms that Dennis Hallman wore at UFC 133 – the same briefs that ever-so-briefly exposed Hallman's nether regions to Saturday's pay-per-view audience.

"I'm seriously pissed off at the guys who work us who let him walk out with those things on," White said.

White suggested the employee (or employees) responsible could be terminated. Additionally, Hallman, who had won two straight fights before his first-round TKO loss to Brian Ebersole at UFC 133, appears headed to the unemployment line.

"I've never been so embarrassed being in the UFC," White said after the event, which took place at Philadelphia's Wells Fargo Center.

White said such skimpy bottoms are now officially banned from competition. But it's not just because they're revealing; he said they're also simply not functional for an active and close-quarters sport such as MMA.

As a few key eagle-eye TV viewers noticed during one ground scramble, Hallman's groin was briefly exposed.

"I thought we had some common sense, at least a little common sense," White said. "That was a really bad moment. I was horrified."
Awesome
pilonv1
Eels - regular season champions
XBL ID: pilonv1
PSN ID: pilonv1
Steam ID: pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent
XBL ID: Twit AU
PSN ID: KAKwit
Steam ID: KAKwit

Post by Twit »

Regarding UFC 134...

[Click to see hidden content]
I loved the build up for this one because it had lots of Chael Sonnen making comments (on both the UFC countdown and on ESPN’s MMA Live show) about how Anderson Silva isn’t really any good and Okami has beaten him once (by getting illegally knocked out) and will do it again and how he’ll fight Okami for the belt but then wants Silva again after that. Plus I just made some money by backing Silva to finish. Now that Sonnen can’t boost his sack juice as freely I also expect Brian Stann to kick his arse at 136.

Anyway, haven’t actually watched this one yet but looking forward to seeing it. Sounds like it was a good event, and I hear Silva did some fancy stuff again with his hands dropped before getting the stoppage (which must infuriate Sonnen).
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I just watched it, very good event!

The crowd pop when Nog won was the loudest I've ever heard from a TV crowd, they went fucking spastic.

Now that Silva has totally cleaned the division out, let's see him fight Henderson again!
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

:bow: ANDERSON :bow:

Undercard fights were pretty awesome
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Okami is a pussy he gave up.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

So who the fuck does Anderson Silva fight next? Winner of Sonnen vs Stann I am guessing.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Sonnen if he wins. The expected $ from the interest he has already started building is going to get him the shot
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Nick Diaz out, Carlos Condit in.
Diego Sanchez out, Josh Koscheck in.
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

WTF? Diaz pulled for not showing up to any of the promotion events.
"I've promoted over 1,600 fights in my career," UFC President Dana White said. "This has never, ever happened once. Never. We've never had a situation where a guy just goes MIA and doesn't show up for this stuff."

Officials for UFC pulled Diaz from the bout after he failed to show up for a Las Vegas press conference on Wednesday to promote the Oct. 26 bout. Diaz also did not appear at an event earlier in the week in Toronto.

Three flights were booked for Diaz this week to attend events, White said. He did not make any of them.

Diaz's manager and head trainer, Cesar Gracie, said he does not know where the fighter has gone, White said. The UFC boss took a call from Gracie in the middle of Wednesday's press conference.
What an idiot. He bitches about how nobody wants to fight him and then he gets a shot and doesn't show up. Hopefully he's wandered off into the wilderness like Tanner or something.

Edit - also, wow - Cesar Gracie not happy:

Gracie is unclear on whether his relationship with Diaz will hold through the storm.

"At this point, I don't know what I'm going to do with Nick because he's not only disrespected the sport, he's disrespected me and himself," he said.

Gracie said he'll understand if the UFC cuts Diaz but hasn't heard either way.

"I've barely slept in the last couple of days, and it's sickened me. Here's the opportunity that I've worked for for over 10 years, to mold a guy to become the best possible guy, and to show he can be the best guy in the world. And he takes this opportunity and he acts like an immature child about it.

"It's disturbing, to say the least. He got what he deserved by not taking this fight. He told everybody he would do whatever it would take to do it, he lobbied for it, and he acts like this. Dana White is 100 percent correct in what he did."

http://mmajunkie.com/news/25128/nick-di" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... served.mma
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

Weirder and weirder. Now Diaz will fight BJ Penn at 137, making it a straight swap between he and Condit.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/25152/shocker" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... -event.mma
http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/09/08/n" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... r-ufc-137/
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I don't like the way they have treated Machida, he should have had a fight by now it's been a while but because of not filling in he is supposedly on the outer.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

UFC139 is really shaping up now.

They took Valasquez v Dos Santos to put it on the Fox debut, so instead we're looking at Vitor Belfort vs Cung Le, and Dan Henderson vs Shogun Rua.

Fucking AWESOME matchmaking again from the UFC. Belfort vs Le is going to be like something out of The Matrix.
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

It wont last more than 30 seconds. Will be something like the Akiyama fight, Belfort will be around 30lbs heavier than Le.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Where'd you see the fight card? Cung le etc not up on ufc.com yet? I note still no Machida, I heartily dislike the way he is being treated.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_139" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Didn't realise how stacked that card was, considering they lost Cain/JDS
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

Err...Belfort out, replaced by Wanderlei?
Twit
Noticeably Unintelligent
Noticeably Unintelligent

Post by Twit »

TUF 14 is shaping up to be really good - awesome first episode!
pilonv1

Post by pilonv1 »

Yeah there were some brutal knockouts. Really enjoyed it
Pariah
Street Fighter HD Remix Champ
Street Fighter HD Remix Champ

Post by Pariah »

New tuf i think will be one of the best in a long long time...plus miller and bisping will provide tons of entertainment :nana:
[img]http://i30.tinypic.com/5as8eq.gif[/img]
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

fucking awesome season for sure, some super fighters in the house, and some went home... that Hawaiian was tough as, I thought he might've copped an illegal knee, he even looked at the ref
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

Is it just me, or do half of the TUF fighters look like oversized midgets?!

Don't get me wrong, it's not because they're short. For those that have met me know I'm short but stocky, something just didn't look right for half of them.
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

Nah I thought the same thing Agony some of them looked like slightly bigger midgets lol
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
jizzlobber
unregistered
unregistered
XBL ID: sproglobber
PSN ID: lol... fuck PSN!

Post by jizzlobber »

rampge vs jones

was hoping for a better fight than that, what a stinker!!
poor old Rampage just couldn't get close enough while jones just picked him off with scoring shots which didn't really seem to hurt/damage Rampage, dominated really, Rampage didn't get a single decent shot in... Rashad next for Jones? I thought he was s'posed to be his next opponent anyway?
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Very ordinary show overall, capped by a sub-par main event. No denying Jones is the better fighter and he fought the right fight, but ala GSP it was conservative stuff except unlike GSP this one had a finish that didn't involve 25 minutes of nothing and judges.

Jones vs Evans is next, yes. Evans will be more aggressive than Rampage, but my money is already on Jones. With his physical tools I'm not seeing anyone who can beat him in the division apart from a healthy Shogun. Really want to see a rematch there...