The Walking Dead thread - season 4 starts now

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Re: The Walking Dead thread - season 3 starts now

Post by Candy Arse »

Bring on Game of Thrones.
Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
XBL ID: Juzbuffa1

Post by Juzbuffa »

Robert Kirkman wrote:I can say that the next episode is a very Andrea-centric episode, but there’s not a lot of non-combat coming up in these last three episodes. They’re going to be somewhat combat heavy!
With any luck this means Andrea will be killed in combat next week. We can only fucking hope...
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen through your eyes...

Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Juzbuffa wrote:
Robert Kirkman wrote: but there’s not a lot of non-combat coming up
Oh please a double negative from one of the creators, speaks volumes as to the writing quality.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
Juzbuffa
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
Arse Surgery By Shotgun
XBL ID: Juzbuffa1

Post by Juzbuffa »

Robert Kirkman wrote:I can say that the next episode is a very Andrea-centric episode
Yep. And it was as bad as it could possibly get. Halfway through it I wanted to kill myself, right around the point of the extremely tense cat and mouse game between Andrea and the Governator. Then she opened the door to a stairwell full of zombies and I had to walk away for a little bit...

Fuck that noise. I'm done with this shit.
You wouldn't believe the things I've seen through your eyes...

GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

I kept thinking that it was meant to be tense, but with phillip being so non menacing and andrea being a terrible character the scene was pointless.

Guy at work said he just started watching the first season and said it looks good. I told him to just forget about it. I then said monday night is the night i just sit and cry...
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!
XBL ID: Burnzoire
Steam ID: Burnzoire

Post by Burnzoire »

My eyes almost rolled 360 when she leant on a wall and sighed with relief. Such lazy and cliche writing and lackluster acting.

[Click to see hidden content]
No awards for guessing who saves andrea and kills cyclops
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Is it Capt Hook? Pleae tell me it´s Capt Hook.
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Juzbuffa wrote:I'm done with this shit.
Welcome to the party :up:
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

A few people I know are into this show and keep recommending it, but I find reading all the resentment in this thread represents much better value for my time.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Agreed. I get much more entertainment out of shitting on the show. I'll make comment on the latest episode later. I've watched it. I'm not amused. Which really means I was quite amused.
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!

Post by Burnzoire »

It annoys me and there's always plenty to pick about it but I still don't mind watching it. I like post-apocalyptic shit - even if it is a bit shit.
General Chaos
Beano's Minion
Beano's Minion

Post by General Chaos »

Vaseline warriors is a far better watch!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

I've refrained from joining the pile-on, but after the latest episode I have to sign up - Andrea is officially TV's dumbest character. She hears a car coming and doesn't get low in the grass until it goes past.

THEN cyclops somehow managers to see her even though she's on his right hand side while driving. Is that eyepatch a terminator-style scanner or something?

So dumb.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

Merl :(
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

Not Merl....
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Here is another problem with the writing. Juz sent me a spoiler text last week saying Merl was going zombie. I didn't share that with Nicole but I did pause the show roughly ten minutes in and said to Nicole that someone was going to die this episode. Asked her to take a guess on who would die based on what she'd seen of the episode so far. Snap - Merl. Had I not had that spoiler I think I would have said to Nicole roughly ten minutes into this episode - "They're going to kill off Merl".

That said, this was probably the best episode of the entire season. I kind of felt something for Daryl. I really liked Merl. While there were the usual slew of "things that make no sense" I still managed to enjoy most of the episode. I liked the way Merl drew walkers to the meeting. I liked Glenn's window shopping and snatch and grab for a wedding ring. I could do a standard rip apart but this one doesn't warrant it as much as past episodes. Oh it's still entirely possible. Very little of what we are presented with makes any more sense than previously. Merl would know what a car alarm would do and wouldn't lay prone for that long. Why did the car in the driveway have a flat tyre? Why was there a flashmob of zombies walking in the woods beside that house? Why would Michonne go back to the prison knowing Rick actually considered handing her over? How did Daryl track her to that field when Merl dropped her on a road? Plenty more but as I say, doesn't warrant it. Luckily they couldn't make two watchable episodes in a row so next week ought stink.
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!

Post by Burnzoire »

Is it just me or did they give daryl a pretty-boy haircut in that episode? His hair looked unnaturally pristine in a "derelict" from Zoolander way. I'm sure he didn't look like that before. Ruined the episode for me, but well... I am watching it as a means to an end now anyway.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

He did look pretty swish.

Other than that our group look like a bunch of filthy sweaty grubrats and Woodbury citizens look like they wash twice a day.

Which makes me wonder why we're even rooting for the jailrats at all over the group that are well fortified, well armed, well fed, well stocked, well organised and well in health and spirit. It still eludes me as to why we're supposed to worry about a grubby dishevelled group featuring a deluded idiot, a one legged idiot, a singing idiot, a couple of other idiots and a stupid baby. The show should be about Woodbury and our group could have been a storyline that spanned an entire two episodes. Then we'd be back to all the good shit going on in Woodbury. Woodbury is the real story. Skirmishes with other fortified towns over supplies and scavenging borders. Zombie catapults. Sabotaged water supplies turning entire populations into walled in and contained zombies. Leading fuel soaked zombies to a target and then igniting them. Flaming walking biting death. Why do I have to do all the work for these lazy hacks?
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

If Merl was off to take out the Guv then why did he even need Michonne? Are we meant to believe that she actually changed his mind during the car trip?

In stark constrast to the above there was a good bit of acting from Daryl.
Candy Arse wrote:
Froggy
BLD4LBE
BLD4LBE

Post by Froggy »

I think we are meant to believe that Merle realized what the guv had done to him and how he'd used him particularly after the zombie event. How he'd never killed anyone before but because this guy had manipulated he'd killed 16 people and now was struggling with it so he went to kill him to try and right himself even if he died trying. I took it the conversation in the car that way oh well he's gone now, was kind of becoming an annoying character anyway, not as annoying as Andrea though, fuck I've wanted her killed off since the start with all that sister shit.
Vzzzbx, you lose again!
edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Post by edgecrusher »

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/undeniab ... ry-have-th" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:lol:
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

GOLD!
Candy Arse wrote:
guttermouth
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: Recipe For Hate
PSN ID: Recipe4Hate

Post by guttermouth »

What a disappointing ending to the season.
edgecrusher
BLUE!...YOUR MY BOY BLUE!!
PSN ID: edgecrush33

Post by edgecrusher »

What a piece of shit ending. Dont think I'll bother with season 4. Especially since the new writers have stated that they will concentrate more on drama and less on action. Fuck that.
Everybody be cool.....You be cool
Burnzoire
A mayn mayn MAN!

Post by Burnzoire »

last minute or so was all garbled on pretty much every torrent out there.

[Click to see hidden content]
Still, Andrea is dead! Finally! Boy she tried her hardest to die too. If anyone didn't expect her to drop the pliers I'd be surprised. Thank fucking christ she's gone! I was surprised that the governor mowed everyone down, so I guess I have to give the writers credit there.