Battlestar Galactica (Unmarked Spoilers, so go watch ASAP)

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

The latest episode was great! Same with the last one. Can't wait to see what happens with the cylon ship next week. Only three more episodes to go until who knows when!
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

Wow....... Fucking wow..... The mid season finale was the the best that I've seen!!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

The final 4 (of the 5) coming out of hiding was done well and almost led to everyone blowing the shit out of each other. I really thought Lee was going too push the button and send Tye out into space, tense viewing I'll say.

I got a stupid grin on my face when they were all flying through the clouds down to Earth..... then the shock of finding what appeared to be a destroyed city was waiting for them. I think there was a collapsed bridge in the background, just before the credits (looked like half of the Manhattan Bridge in NYC).

I've got 3 different scenarios that I think may have happened:

1. When Starbuck went to Earth, the 'bad' Cylons followed her and laid waste to Earth before the Alliance could find it.

2. Earth was actually originally occupied by Cylons and civil was broke out and they destroyed themselves.

3. Earth was originally occupied by the Cylons and we (aka 'us humans') laid waste to them in much the same way that the Cylons did to Caprica.

What do the rest of you think?
Texas
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

Best. Galactica. Ep. Ever!

I need to watch it again and think some more before I make comments.
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
Mightycooper
The Sorrow

Post by Mightycooper »

It was a great episode deffinately. There are lots of theories going around on the tv.cm forum that ive been reading. I just cant wait for the rest of the season. This is by far my favourite tv show second only to The Simpsons :)
Theres a technique for everything
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I've got all of the latest season to watch...I got a few episodes in and was side tracked so much so that I best start the season over.

Anyway...all I wanted to post was that I got this in the mail today and there's another on the way that has blood spattered over it and a bloody handprint.

Texas

Post by Texas »

That's frakkin sweet!

I still want a Viper model.
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
Timbo

Post by Timbo »

That's awesome Cletus. Is it diecast (and heavy duty) or plastic?
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Sweet.

Where'd you score that from?
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

It's an action figure. Plastic.
I ordered it from here

Expensive to ship over...and I stupidly ordered the two Cylon Centurions separately so to get them both has cost me a bit over 70 bucks.

They both come with different hand sets and the forearm guns either extended or retracted.
Muzza
Haters can GAGF

Post by Muzza »

LTTP I know!

But what a killer series, watched about 7 episodes today, 2 eps into season two, what a cracker of a start!

Damn those centurion fuckers create some tense scenes.

:up: :up:
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I kind of shied away from watching season 4. I felt season 3 lost it's way...became too bogged down in side stories and the main thread of the show became a trickle. The pace of season 1 and 2 is astounding.

So I set myself to watching all of season 4 over the weekend. Just finished episode 10 now. The entire season blasts forward in the same brilliant way that season 1 and 2 did. It's so obviously back on track for the final season that I now can not wait for the end of January. They didn't waver from the main story at all.

If you haven't watched season 4...or finished yet stop reading now.

FUCKING BIG SPOILERS FOR SEASON 4

[Click to see hidden content]
They found Earth. Earth is in ruins. We still don't know who the final Cylon is. They promised us that they were going to reach Earth. We were promised a conclusion and as far as I'm concerned, they could have ended the series right there. I'm stunned right now. When Madam President gave Adama the order to jump I was actually nervous. When the colony all jumped into place I was anxious...waiting for them to initiate contact or for Earth to just strike out. I didn't see it coming. I didn't expect anything like the desolation they found. And if it actually is earth, it looks to have been ruined for a long long time and well into the future.
I'm going to watch it again.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Post by BruceCamblzChin »

Wait you got all the new eps? I just picked up season 4 vol 1 and am about 4 eps in, loving it.

Grace Park is the hottest Korean woman in the universe.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

no just up to s4 e10...season ends there
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

but it sez s4 part 1. I dont get it.

SPOILERS

So they got to Earth and it had been nuked to fuck. But they was hearing the bobdylan/hendrix tune at the end of s3 so my theory is this;

They have landed on Earth about a thousand years in the future and for some reasons the four cyclons on BSG were hearing radio transmissions that get beamed out in to space but take hundreds of year to get anywheres.

Anyone else got thorts? Grace Park....*fap fap fap*
Muzza
Haters can GAGF

Post by Muzza »

Just finished watching the final few episodes of Season 4 (Short season due to writers strike?)

Had to stay out of the thread just in case I saw some spoilers.... thoroughly enjoyed every episode of S4.

Bring on January 16th for the last few episodes(which are still classifed as a part of S4) :shock:
Texas

Post by Texas »

For those who came in late:

Before Season 4 it was confirmed that it would be the last season (they had no desire to drag it out just because it was successful *looks at Lost*) - they already were working toward an ending (and told the network to fuck off with their meddling in the story arc, which explains why Season 3 went weird with the 'focused episodes... but I digress.) The contract was locked in for a 24 ep season (Razor as 2 eps, 19 'regular' eps and a 3 hour finale.)

Then the strike came along, so instead of the break being for xmas (as usual) it ended up being a year. And unlike some shows (Heroes, for example) they were able to make the short 'strike' season mean something and not detract from the main arc - in fact if the strike went bad and the show got cancelled it could have ended at the end of S04E10.

But in good news: the last episode is 3 hours long (!!!) and ALL the story arcs wrap up this half of S4. And Caprica is coming, as is The Plan... as well as the new webisodes.
Gr8ness

mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

BSG should have ended long ago, unlike Lost which is awesome. So there.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

:lol: Lost..

If it's so good, why don't you go and fucking get lost. :P

They're never going to finish that bullshit series. Just string you along with more senseless events and call it a story.

But you're right in one thing. Battlestar has and always did have a limited timeframe. They had to find Earth eventually. Series over. 5 seasons isn't too many.
Texas

Post by Texas »

Ok, BSG vs Lost

BSG:

Lost:

Make up your own minds...
Gr8ness

mech

Post by mech »

Lost is almost finished. Plenty of hot chicks on it too.

e.g.

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Texas wrote: Image
I love the 6. My favourite model. I'd love to own one.
Texas

Post by Texas »

Mech: that's a target render, not an ingame shot.
I posted ingame shots only.
Gr8ness

mech

Post by mech »

She looks even better in-game.
BruceCamblzChin
Placenta of Attention

Lost wishes it could lick the balls of BSG.
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

BSG is BACK!!!

Downloading now! Can't wait! :run: