TV Shows

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Re: TV Shows

Post by Cletus »

Yeah, I read that it "tries" to stay in keeping with current tech or an obvious progression from tech we have now. No force fields, no hyperspace. There's still a lot of fictional gear in it, but it's science fiction so there ought to be.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity
XBL ID: GreyWizzard
PSN ID: Grey_AU

Post by GreyWizzard »

Like I said, I know I should keep watching but I feel no connection to the characters so don't overly care what happens.

There is no immediate hook for me.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

What if I told you Babu Bhatt is in it? If you don't watch this, you a very very bad man.

GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I checked out Shadow hunters and although I'm not the intended audience it's a pretty well made show. There is some bad acting in bits and some dumb dialogue but it all wasn't horrible. I'll probably watch more... I remember all the character names :D
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

I've started watching Suits. I like it. Will be interesting to see if I watch it right through.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

I got part way through the second season and wondered what I was doing. It's a show that's all about swagger.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Dana White: Looking for a Fight

I found this rather enjoyable. Dana and his two dickhead mates travel around America eating food, doing dumb things and watching fights. It's like some weird travel show.

The first official ep is on youtube and the second ep which is called ep1 can be found in the usual places. First ep called pilot has Sage Northcutt in it.

Link to first ep - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MbBD7gmpDCQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It contains a lot of swears.
Vince
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by Vince »

Anyone seen the new X Files yet? Been reading mixed thought's on it, but either way I'm really excited to see all 6 episodes. Hopefully it rates its arse off and we get more seasons and even a 3rd movie!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I just finished Scream Queens...I hadn't gotten around to the last three episodes. I enjoyed it..it was funny here and there. not hilarious but entertaining. Billie Lourd was my favourite. Right to the end her character is amazing. I don't know if I'm imagining it but I think I can kind of hear Carrie Fisher's voice in hers (I know, Fisher is Lourd's mother). Anyway, loved the earmuffs. Apparently she was in SW TFA but I didn't notice her.

For what it's worth, I enjoyed Scream Queens more than the Scream tv series.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Legends of Tomorrow starts this week...

Supergirl today, Flash and Agent Carter Wednesday, Arrow on Thursday and LoT on Friday...

What an amazing time to be alive.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

Cletus wrote:I just finished Scream Queens...I hadn't gotten around to the last three episodes. I enjoyed it..it was funny here and there. not hilarious but entertaining. Billie Lourd was my favourite. Right to the end her character is amazing. I don't know if I'm imagining it but I think I can kind of hear Carrie Fisher's voice in hers (I know, Fisher is Lourd's mother). Anyway, loved the earmuffs. Apparently she was in SW TFA but I didn't notice her.

Scream Queens got a bit (really) ridiculous by the end of it... But it was still good fun.

Just finished American Horror Story Hotel.. Meh... It was okay I guess. Can't believe Gaga got a Golden Globe for it though... She didn't really act... She just was herself.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

LTTP: I've only just started watching Manhattan. It's pretty great.
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Seems all eps of looking for a fight will be up on the youtubes.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Megaman wrote:
Cletus wrote:I watched all three. It's more of what you'd expect but there's quite a difference which I won't go into. You'll see soon enough. The thing is it references the first two seasons quite a bit and it's been so long now I can't remember who or what the references are about sometimes. Jack McBrayer has replaced Spike Jonze as the character of Doug Whitney but it seems like most of the other players are the original cast...other than his cat I guess. I'll watch it.
Yep, I've completely forgotten what happened in seasons 1 and 2 and I feel like the main joke here requires an unusually accurate recall of seasons 1 and 2.

I actually went back and watched season 1 after I finished the third season. Yeah, you definitely need an unusually accurate recall but the show is so short to be honest quite funny so it wasn't a chore to watch it again.

[Click to see hidden content]
Season three ends exactly as season 1 episode 1 ends. I mean exactly. down to tie colour, stained jacked and satchel beside him lying on the floor. So it seems that all of season 2 and three were an energy drink dream from when Dave tricks Todd into drinking can after can of Thunder Muscle in Alice's cafe.
t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Post by t0mby »

Cletus wrote:
Megaman wrote:
Cletus wrote:I watched all three. It's more of what you'd expect but there's quite a difference which I won't go into. You'll see soon enough. The thing is it references the first two seasons quite a bit and it's been so long now I can't remember who or what the references are about sometimes. Jack McBrayer has replaced Spike Jonze as the character of Doug Whitney but it seems like most of the other players are the original cast...other than his cat I guess. I'll watch it.
Yep, I've completely forgotten what happened in seasons 1 and 2 and I feel like the main joke here requires an unusually accurate recall of seasons 1 and 2.

I actually went back and watched season 1 after I finished the third season. Yeah, you definitely need an unusually accurate recall but the show is so short to be honest quite funny so it wasn't a chore to watch it again.

Season three ends exactly as season 1 episode 1 ends. I mean exactly. down to tie colour, stained jacked and satchel beside him lying on the floor. So it seems that all of season 2 and three were an energy drink dream from when Dave tricks Todd into drinking can after can of Thunder Muscle in Alice's cafe.
I had no idea wtf you guys were on about and actually thought it was some 24 spin off as soon as you mentioned Jack Mcbayer. However, after some Google searching I realised Keifer Sutherland isn't in this and it's a [English] comedy and sounds quite good. Sounds like they also took the Sledgehammer route when ending season 2.

Am going to try and find this show.

I also shouldn't have read that much about it. :lol:
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Yeah well after thinking about it today I realise a little more about The Increasingly poor decisions of Todd Margaret.

If I'm putting it together properly, then except for Episode 1 season 1, the rest of the entire series is a Thunder Muscle fuelled nightmare that Todd has on the floor of his apartment after drinking several cans at Alice's Restaurant (after being tricked by Dave). Also, Hudson (Alice's Canadian boyfriend) doesn't actually appear in season 3 as Hudson, but rather as the cartoon character of Hudson Bear. At this point, Hudson doesn't actually exist unless Todd's dream becomes a reality. The only people we know exist are those in the first episode.
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

Cletus wrote:I just finished Scream Queens...I hadn't gotten around to the last three episodes. I enjoyed it..it was funny here and there. not hilarious but entertaining. Billie Lourd was my favourite. Right to the end her character is amazing. I don't know if I'm imagining it but I think I can kind of hear Carrie Fisher's voice in hers (I know, Fisher is Lourd's mother). Anyway, loved the earmuffs. Apparently she was in SW TFA but I didn't notice her.

Well the good news is that Scream Queens has been officially renewed for a second season! :up:

http://jezebel.com/scream-queens-has-of ... 1753400543" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

You bitches wanna know what's going to be the must see tv show that everyone's going to be glued to? :?

FX's American Crime Story: The People vs. O. J. Simpson. It's Ryan Murphy's (Nip/Tuck, American Horror Story, Scream Queens) new tv show and it's premiering on February 2nd.
Best of all...the KARDASHIANS are going to be front & centre with David Schwimmer as Robert Kardashian and Selma Blair as Kris Jenner! :up:

Cuba Gooding Jr plays O.J Simpson, John Travolta is Robert Shapiro, Courtney B. Vance is Johnnie Cochran...and plenty more big stars.

Let's not forget young Kourtney, Khloe, Kim, and Robert Jnr Kardashian who also star in the show... :)

GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Legends of Tomorrow starts today... I'm excited. Legitimate excitement. A live action superhero ensemble series.

No shitty Justice League live action series from the 90s, no shitty Justice League variety show from the 70s... a well planned superhero show from the creators of Arrow, Flash and Supergirl.

My brain is melting. This is it for me. This is the highest point for tv for me. My week is decorated with superheroes. I'm happy.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Yeah but Im not sure Snark and firedude were worthy of a show. Ray, definitely. The Hawk twins...maybe. but time travel might be a fun change even though Barry is doing it already.
I'm in.
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

Just finished watching it. Don't run a black light through my living room. Woo!
GreyWizzard
Boundless Generosity
Boundless Generosity

Post by GreyWizzard »

The 100 is back! As good as ever. One of the best scifi dramas ever made. My evening was amazing.

Black Sails is back this weekend... what?? Life is awesome.
ObSoLeTe
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member
XBL ID: OBY83

Post by ObSoLeTe »

GreyWizzard wrote:Legends of Tomorrow starts this week...

Supergirl today, Flash and Agent Carter Wednesday, Arrow on Thursday and LoT on Friday...

What an amazing time to be alive.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

"Old But Not Obsolete" - A.Schwarzenegger
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

What's the best site to download the new X-Files?
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

There are a few things that could improve Arrow, although it has certainly improved season by season. But there's probably only one way to make it as good as it can possibly get and in the latest episode, we got it. Arrow went there. I haven't even finished watching the episode yet. Doubling the Felicity Smoke count. I hope it's a thing until they kill off her alter-ego and she can walk again.