Letting someone go..

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

t0mby
Cheats
XBL ID: GenerationX 360
PSN ID: Weak_Spot
Steam ID: Gen X

Re: Letting someone go..

Post by t0mby »

GeneraL CyberFunK wrote:I was a fucking machine.
Lol
selfish wrote:Being a massive fanboy and trying to hide it is Lestat's worst bottleneck.
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

I totally was.

Watch out Melbourne. :D
GeneraL CyberFunK
Wants it in 8 Directions

Post by GeneraL CyberFunK »

GameHED wrote:
If you feel good at firing a bad worker why would you need to post asking for advice about her sobbing?
That was yesterday and PRETTY sure no one likes firing people. It was pretty raw and you do tend to question whether you could have done it better or not. As of today I know it was the right thing to do and I maintained a cool and professional attitude and behaviour while being honest and having her career in mind as well.
GameHED wrote: It's guilt dude. You feel guilty and want people to reassure you that you are not a mean boss.
I don't like anyone being upset. Regardless of why. I'm certainly not a mean boss. Never have been and never will be. Since you don't actually work, GameHED.. I don't think you're really fit to provide advice on this sort of thing.
GameHED wrote: Those kids will probably end up angry and pissed that their mum's boss was not good enough to train workers because he was too lazy to help the worker.
Yep. Totes lazy. Spent nearly a month building an intranet that she could access work instructions and various other procedures from where ever she was to help her. For simple things.. like how to add a client's details into Outlook's address book. For someone who did reception for as long as she did.. she had no fuckin idea.
GameHED wrote: Deep down inside you know you are a bad man. Hurting women by sacking them and then quickly hiring new women who you can later sack because it makes you feel good to make them sob. Then giving your friends their contact number so they can come in as hero to rescue them. Pretty sick man.

Yes.. I hire and fire women all the time! :roll: I have more women working for me than guys. I don't like making anyone cry.

GameHED wrote: As I said just work fast and harder than anyone else so there is enough time to compensate for the crap worker. It allows for your own personal growth. As a business you want to be better than other businesses so people want to work for you.
I let her go because I am actually a lot better and quicker at doing my admin stuff and training people than she would be. Too much of a highly strung, nervous personality. How's your business going GameHED? Oh... right.. awkward. :roll:

To have a good business you need to have good, solid, STABLE workers. She wasn't any of those three. I worked it out fairly quickly and let her go quickly which was the right thing to do. I gave her ample chance to prove herself and she didn't.
GameHED wrote: You are taking the easy way out and then blaming the worker for the poor training at the school they went to. Not even giving them a fighting chance. Shame on you. She probably ran out of the place because she thought you were a dangerous person. Your behavior on these boards is pretty scary.
The college she went to is in it's death throes. I know as I've been asked to help with some of their final prac assessments. The assessor who certified her should not have let her pass. Simple as that. Sucks for the student but all that means is that they have to do more prac work and work experience so they can pass.

Those who have met me.. raise one hand if you were afraid for your safety.

Raise both hands if you wanted to get it on.

and now we wait...

:D
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

The joys of business ownership. Credit to you for putting your business first. It is your joint after all. She sounds utterly unprofessional. Unfortunately plenty of them in the fitness industry.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

That last sentence sounds like a crack at the fitness industry, which it is really. Not overly regulated and the larger certification organisations tend not to have stellar reps, one of which I suspect your ex employee engaged for her own credentials. That’s good for you though because it means the pros quickly rise to the top where the most valuable and effective marketing vehicle of them all kicks in - word of mouth. :up:
GameHED
10000 words or your money back!
10000 words or your money back!

Post by GameHED »

She'll have to sell her body on the street just to pay her bills thanks to gcf. This is the guy that threatens to break finger off of people that he disagrees with. Professionalism my arse. He just wanted a cheap worker and probably underpaid her and mistreated her deliberately to make her angry and eventually sacked so he could hire new person who is even more desperate to work than her to continue the cycle of abuse. If your business is failing you got to admit it. The best workers are not going to hang around once they know you are sacking people just for not being experienced right out of the school. How else can you get the experience if the guy won't give you a chance? You are weak dude. Now you want us to support you when we don't even have her side of the story. That's wrong. As if trainers at a school have industry experience. They are not in the industry so anything they say or the prac they provide isn't as good as being at work.

It's called being lazy. You won't train the worker so the worker cried because you were mean on purpose to make it unpleasant to work there. Perhaps you should ring her up and admit you were a mean arsehole so she doesn't try to sue your arse.
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Shut up cunt.
Megaman
a bad sheriff
XBL ID: megaman 2k7
PSN ID: mm2k8

Post by Megaman »

So today we learned that GameHED was fired once, and still hasn't gotten over it.
cloud
Hard Cun...too much?
Hard Cun...too much?
XBL ID: ACE VENCLOUDY
PSN ID: ACEVENCLOUDY

Post by cloud »

Madmya wrote:Shut up cunt.
FUCKEN LOL!!
Candy Arse
Elite Ginger

Post by Candy Arse »

Yep, Madmya has just come up with the new standard reply to GameHED.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

cloud wrote:
Madmya wrote:Shut up cunt.
FUCKEN LOL!!
Yep I also laughed out loud.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Wow. That's the first time I've bothered to look at a GH post in forever. What the fuck?
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Jasper
Lives in Blacktown N.S.W
XBL ID: CLETUS IS A CUNT!
PSN ID: LESTAT IS A CUNT!

Post by Jasper »

GameHED wrote:Perhaps you should ring her up and admit you were a mean arsehole so she doesn't try to sue your arse.
I don't think GeneraL CyberFunK should bother, considering he's probably already driven this poor muscle-bitch to suffocating her children to death by shoving empty protein shake containers onto their heads, and hanging herself using a skipping rope in a gruesome murder/suicide.

The best GeneraL CyberFunK can do now is chip in towards cremation costs, and personally flush her ashes into one of the shit-stained toilets of the TAFE college she completed her pathetic $99 personal training certificate. :cry:
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Cletus wrote:When asked if I could say anything positive for him I told my bosses that he has a sexy wife. They still hired him and he was a retard.
Oh shit. I can't believe I missed this one earlier! :lol: :lol: :lol:
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber

Post by unfnknblvbl »

GameHED wrote:She probably ran out of the place because she thought you were a dangerous person. Your behavior on these boards is pretty scary.
Yes. Funkus is so terrifying that I make it a point to hang out with him every time I'm in Brisbane just so I can tell people back home how I survived another encounter with the Mad General.