Battlestar Galactica (Unmarked Spoilers, so go watch ASAP)

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

jesus fuck my eye christ!
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Rapidly losing my love for BSG now. I'm just confused over the last episode and currently too annoyed to watch it again..
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

What was there to be confused about? It was probably the most straight forward episode of BSG ever. Read on and be enlightened. :)

[Click to see hidden content]
The humans created the cylons on Kobol, they rebelled and they all went their separate ways. The Humans to the 12 colonies. The cylons to earth.

The Earth cylons developed the skinjob technology, evolved to be able to procreate and did away with resurrection. Thats how all people on earth are cylons.

The final 5 rebuilt the resurrection technology and when earth was nuked (who or why still needs to be explained, they only mentioned that they heard rumblings and rumours that it was coming) were resurrected in the ship that they had placed in orbit.

They then decided to travel to the other colonies to warn the humans that they should respect their creations or otherwise they would turn on them, as they have before.

They didn't have jump drive (FTL) tech so they travelled at the speed of light (I'm assuming) so time was relative for them. 2000 years passed while they were travelling but they didn't age.

When they finally arrived they found that the humans had already created the centurions and the war was in full swing.

The centurions were developing skin job tech but hadn't succeeded. All they had created were some hybrids. The Final 5 offered them the skin job technology and in return they had to immeadiately cease the war with the humans.

The Final 5 created the colonial cylon skinjob models. Cavil was the first.

It turns out Cavil is a cranky bastard with mummy issues and pretty much is the reason why the cylons attacked again.

Ellen reveals there was a 13th model that was destroyed by Cavil, the number 7 model. Cavil was jealous of this model and altered the ambiotic fluid the clones were growing in.

He then killed the Final 5, resurrected them in altered bodies (with new memories and placed them into the human society so that when they were eventually killed (and resurrected) they would see the humans for who they really were.

So the mysteries that continue from that episode includes:
Who, how, and why the 5 were awakened, because it wasn't Cavil.
Is the number 7 (named Daniel) still alive?
Is Starbuck the number 7? ie altered to be female.
Is Starbuck the daughter of the number 7 model and is herself a hybrid?
Is the number 7 the one controlling it all?

The list goes on.

I think I've got everything right, anyone notice anything obviously wrong?
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Ok...just the very start had me confused.

And I'm just assuming Starbuck is Daniel right now.

And going by the way things have turned out, they'll split into 13 colonies again and start all over.

EDIT : Thanks for that quite detailed explanation, Mavy...did clear the dazed state I was left in before.
He then killed the Final 5, resurrected them in altered bodies (with new memories and placed them into the human society so that when they were eventually killed (and resurrected) they would see the humans for who they really were.
This part doesn't make sense to me. I get that at some point they've entered the human race not knowing they were the 5. But to have been in altered bodies then wouldn't their memories of Earth be different? They are the final 5 on Earth as they are on Galactica.
Mavy

Post by Mavy »

I think its more like he's supressed or blocked their memories and then implanted another personality kinda like how boomer was a sleeper agent thinking she was a human until her trigger went off and she remembered she was a cylon.

The bullet that was lodged in Ander's head was putting pressure on part of his brain and triggering all of his supressed memories. So the altering is more superficial rather than physical and would explain why their memories aren't different. They're all still there under the surface.

One other theory that I've heard is that they were integrated into human society at different times. Which would explain why Saul has known Adama for so long and Anders is a recent sports star.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

nah, Starbuck's not Daniel - that'd be too obvious
The sky calls to us; if we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I think I've always wanted Baltar's end to come with some immense revelation.

His role in the series has always been so very important...pivotal to the entire story line. His has been bizarre beyond everyone else's. And now the Six is in his head again.

I'd be happy if it turns out that Baltar is the answer to everything and I get a feeling it's going to come down to being him or Thrace.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

SciFi on Foxtel is playing the latest episodes. 417 is on right now.

Good episode by the way.
Texas
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

Wait til you see this week, lads... it's a slow'un, but you get a lot out of it on the second watch.

Oh, for Mech:
Why do I still bother watching Lost?

They made a good show and turned it into the most complicated storyline ever.
Smoke monsters that were robotic but now have completely been forgotten by the writers, imaginary forcefields that slaughter on human impact, the "others" taking children and kids for no reason (at the start), they see smoke coming from the "others", then the survivors find a stockpile of food, they find another planecrash full of drugs, some girl dies, then her brother dies, both are then completely forgotten from that point on, the fat guy refuses to lose weight, they find a random car, the fat guy drives it, he also wins lottery with a bunch of evil numbers (which were focused on for half a season now completely forgotten), flashbacks, they discover a hatch were the world will end if they don't type numbers into a pc, then the 'others' and the 'survivors 'clash, they make friends with the others, people try and fail to escape, some black guy loses his son, finds him, loses him again and both are completely forgotten from the show, "charlie" goes undersea and dies for no reason, some guy can tell the future, then there's a love story between those 3 people, they are captured, then they escape. They then become friends with the "others" and learn evil "the others" are coming. The bald headed guy meets a supernatural person, he kills a few people, more flashbacks, they find a boat a few times, somehow cock that up and still can't escape AND NOW, AFTER ALL THAT PLUS MUCH MORE THAT I MISSES, in their wisdom they deciede to introduce time travel, the island moving places, more people coming onto the island, hydrogen bombs and forward flashbacks.

WHAT THE FARK?!

I wouldn't mind all of the storylines if they didn't become redundant after a few weeks. WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT SMOKE MONSTER THAT ATE PEOPLE FOR FUN???? WHAT ABOUT THOSE NUMBERS THAT WERE FOCUSED ON FOR ALMOST A FULL SEASON? NOT EVEN MENTIONED ANYMORE.
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Does that person even watch the show? Smoke monster's still around and explained. Numbers are still alluded to, nfi if they'll ever be explained. Such a brilliant show, thanks for reminding me how much I love it - really tying everything together nicely now.

Unlike on Battlestar which is plodding along to its death - THANK FUCKING CHRIST. Two eps ago I got excited that they'd actually revived the show into something fun and now the last two eps have been so boring and shit it's not funny. The overacting is killing me.. tantrums being thrown left right and centre. Ugh.

Also what's with Gaius not recognizing Kara? Did I miss something there or was there a bit continuity hole?
Mavy

Post by Mavy »

Yeah I thought that was really weird too. I'm sure he's met her before? Would have been pretty hard to avoid her on New Caprica.

Then I was thinking what if he didn't recognise her because she's not the Kara Thrace he knew. Has he seen her since she returned? The way he was looking at her was kind of like he was freaking a bit. Unless he was just being a twat as usual and trying to put her off guard or something.

So what about Hera? do you think they're gonna clone her or use her to work out how they can reproduce? Cavill's remark about soon there'll be lots to play with sounds like thats his intention.

I'd say that they'll end up letting anders jump the ship to take them wherever they need to get to. I'm wondering if the music notes that Hera wrote down are coordinates or maybe even code that will give anders instructions or maybe even bring him to.

I tell ya the last episode better blow me off my fucking chair. :x
Muzza
Haters can GAGF

Post by Muzza »

Show some faith in the old girl you cretins!

Still a kick arse show, I'll be sad to see it finally finish.
Mightycooper
The Sorrow

Post by Mightycooper »

^^^ Agreed it still the best show on TV. The ending will be epic i reckon.

Lost doesnt even come close to this :)
Theres a technique for everything
Mavy

Post by Mavy »

Don't get me wrong, this is my favourite show, though if the last episode doesn't deliver I'm gonna be really disappointed.

I suppose after the episode where they revealed the whole back story of the 5 I expected it to continue at that sort of level right to the end.

No doubt I'll be blown away starting next week and ending the week after. Awesome show.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

That was the first time I actually liked Helo. Felt sorry for him when he went to Adama.

Didn't Thrace catch Baltar in an imaginary fuck with imaginary 6 back in season 1 when he was working on his Cylon detector? I thought she did.

It's a shame how quickly the battlestar is coming apart, though it's fitting to end the show this way it's sad nonetheless.
Mavy

Post by Mavy »

Another good episode. Alot of flashbacks that didn't really reveal anything though but I think were more to show what these characters were like before the cylons attacked.

Next week though. Its on like frakkin donkey kong! :up:
Vzzzbx
Bob Brown’s Rainbow Cumrag
XBL ID: Fairlie Arrow
PSN ID: vzbxvzbx
Steam ID: vzbxvzbx

Post by Vzzzbx »

How do you people get it so quickly?
Mavy

Post by Mavy »

Private tracker maybe? I have no idea. I click refresh and its there! :D
Muzza
Haters can GAGF

Post by Muzza »

Good Episode!

How may episodes left? Don't want to look on the various websites , in case I see a major spoiler.

I'm sure we'll get a great finale, I just hope we get a really good closure!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Series Finale next week, Friday night. Two hour episode.
Mightycooper
The Sorrow

Post by Mightycooper »

Its looking like its going to be a big ending. A battle Royale on the cylons home turf, the Galactica going out in style :)
Theres a technique for everything
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

SCIFI are running the finale in around ten minutes. If you have foxtel, head on over.
Mavy

Post by Mavy »

Just finished watching it. Man oh man did they deliver! Probably the best 90min I've spent infront of the TV.

Probably only one real question that wasn't answered, and when I think about it I can kind of understand why it wasn't explicitly answered.

[Click to see hidden content]
Cause we can't explain it or know for sure ourselves in our society

Just a perfect ending.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Wow...such anxiety seeing the Galactica after the final jump. Loved the little bit of the original BSG theme music as Anders flies that ragtag fleet into the sun.

So Baltar and Thrace were angels...is that right?

Other than that strange little bit on the end where Baltar says to Six that God doesn't like to be called that (which I just did not understand), I was quite happy with the way they ended the series.

And as I always wanted, Baltar was there right to the end.
Texas
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

Never before have I been so happy and sad after an episode of TV.
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!