Battlestar Galactica (Unmarked Spoilers, so go watch ASAP)

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Battlestar Galactica (Unmarked Spoilers, so go watch ASAP)

Post by AgOnNy »

We had this thread at our previous home, but heres our one.

FAARRRRRKKKK MEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Just finished watching Ep 4 of season 3, awesome shit.
If you're a fan of Sci Fi and you arent watching this series, START RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!!!

Story, visuals, chicks, everything is just awesome. I have got a few mates on to this and they are addicted.
If you're keen to start this, i may be able to help with the first 2 seasons.

Anyhow, you fuckers that already watch this series, go and watch Ep04s03 so we can jerk off together.
[Click to see hidden content]
How awesome is the part where Galactica teleports into the atmosphere, freefalls, launchers the fighters and then teleports again, so fucking good!!!
Last edited by AgOnNy on 23 Oct 2006 01:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Getting now...

Even the wife is addicted and she generally hates SciFi,although this,Eureka and Heroes have got her hooked.

And just an aside...Heroes is bloody sensational in concept.Very interesting story and characters with some pretty ace special effects.
stal

Post by stal »

HOLY SHIT!!! i know mate, the buildup in episode 3 and the payoff in ep 4, how bloody fantastic is this show!
i havent had as many spine tingling moments from a show like this in fuckin ages. What a way to deploy vipers hey! that shit blew my mind

i love this show, love it, love it, love it and yeah i dunno which to jerk off over your avatar image or battlestar...battlestar for sure :D
Texas
Spitoon for Eng-er-land fans
XBL ID: TexasAI
PSN ID: Texas_AU
Steam ID: TexasAU

Post by Texas »

I <3 BSG. Am so glad my new GF is letting me pillage her broadband so I can watch this. Have watched 03.01 and 03.02, Faaarrrrkkkkk!! getting 03 and 04 now...
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

My God...

The wife was in tears,I cheered and my cat had to be fed just as it ended.

When the Galactica jumped into New Caprica's atmosphere would rate as one of the best SciFi scenes I've ever seen.

Gotta feel bad for Sol too...I think he might well and truely be a broken man.

And I honestly thought this was going to be the last episode for Guyass.Thankfully not.I think he's the best character in the series if I was pushed to name one.

In regard to Starbuck...I think we just witnessed her hate for the toasters multiply by infinity.

If there are three best episodes in the whole series,that will be one of them.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Galactica hits the atmosphere

Pegasus takes fuckloads of heat
Texas

Post by Texas »

Those 2 images alone should make Pet reconsider his childish obsession with the (vastly inferior) Stargate.
Oh, BTW, watch the spoilers, boys. Tis ok for me, I have a mate in the US emailing me ep summaries every week, but eps 3 & 4 deserve no spoilers.
Gr8ness

[url=http://www.somethingsomethingradio.com]Something Something Radio[/url] - Fresh DJ mixes Weekly!
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Yeah spoilers will abound in this thread.We had an agreement over at the old place that this thread wouldn't have spoiler warnings so the discussion could run free with the up to date episodes.AgonNy should add *Spoilers* to the title.

If you're not up to date,a good idea would be to avoid the thread.It's what I do on the rare occassions I have two episodes to watch.

No back to the discussion.

My wife just mentioned that this episode was a finale quality.

When you add it up,it's probably where they could have left us last season instead of the cliff hanger of the Cylon Tyranny invading New Caprica.Of course the season would have been too long but they've got some work ahead to build it up again..but still what a complete blowout start to the season.

The series is strictly Battlestar Galactica again.Pegasus was introduced last season and is now gone.

Roslyn is President again.

The Cylon/Human hybrid is in the hands on the Cylons.

Guyass is with the Cylons.

Starbuck isn't a mother(though we didn't think she was until this season).

A few other things were kind of wrapped up this episode as well,like Sol's troubled relationship with his wife and this whole interlude on New Caprica which meant not searching for Earth.Some may think of a few other things wrapped up in the past couple of episodes.
Texas

Post by Texas »

My thoughts...
I bet Gaius ISNT a Cylon, you are supposed to think that from season 1. But he is something to do with their religion..

There is more to Starbuck's 'daughter' than meets the eye (could the mother be one of the other cylons we havent seen yet?)

Saul will come apart over killing his wife

Rosalyn will be even more hard edged and ruthless
Gr8ness

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I really should take note of the way they spell the names.

I wouldn't think Gaius is a cylon..he's just with them now,whether he likes it or not.You might be onto something regarding the religious aspect though.
Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

On the next week preview after the first episode of this season there is a scene between No 6 and Gaius, where she's pretty much telling him he's a cylon or saying is that really so hard to believe.

I don't think that scene has actually been in any episode so far.

Atleast I hope I'm not imagining the whole thing.

Gaius is obviously protected and this is either because he's a cylon and they don't want him to know yet or because he holds some religious aspect as already said.

I think Gaius knows this too as he's really been testing the limits of what he can get away with.

I was only thinking while watching the start of the episode I wonder when they're gonna get rid of Pegasus. Although when they did I couldn't help but feel disapointed.

I also wondered why they lived in such a desolate part of the planet when there were lush green areas nearby.
unfnknblvbl
googlebomber
googlebomber
XBL ID: unfunk
Steam ID: unfnknblvbl

Post by unfnknblvbl »

Fuck, that atmosphere scene! That came right out from left field, and what a fantastic strategy! I'm still getting the shivers over it!
Texas

Post by Texas »

Finally actully watched 03.04 today... 3 times. Amazing. Awe-inspiring. BSG is now cemented as my all-time fave tv show.
Gr8ness

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

How quickly did Lee lose those luv handles...
Texas

Post by Texas »

Ep 03.05 is up in all the right places...
Gr8ness

Mavy
XBL ID: Mavy
PSN ID: iwantalogin

Post by Mavy »

The pace of this episode was a dramatic drop from last week but it was still a good episode and serves its purpose with a bit of clean up and setup.

I was a bit shocked when they sent Jammer out the airlock. Poor fella. Especially after the president gave a general pardon. Makes his death seem pointless now.

Hopefully it will be back on track with the action next week and more focussed on finding Earth.

Lets just hope we're not a backward race when they do.
Texas

Post by Texas »

WTF is Tom Zarek really up to? Oh, something else I found out lurking on BSG forums...
The 7 cylon models we know about apparently do not know what the other 6 models look like! That opens up worm cans...
Gr8ness

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

It's now certainly going to be a little more tame for a few episodes as they build it up again but even then there's more than enough to keep us interested.

I cannot help but feel bad for Baltar.Man is he in a shit place right now.Having a Centurion standing guard over you would be absolutely horrific.I think they'll decide that his ultimate punishment will be to return him the the fleet.They couldn't know that he wont be killed for treason.I doubt the writers will keep him with the Cylons.If they do,he'll go mad or just suicide.But again,what an amazing actor.His torment comes across as completely real.

I'd say that he is by far,the most complex character out of the entire cast,which is pretty big considering how fleshed out the main characters actually are.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

The Hybrid....that just blew me away.

Is Baltar cylon?The plot thickens.

Excellent episode this week.Gotta feeling Soel will make an exit soon.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Mightycooper
The Sorrow

Post by Mightycooper »

^^^^Nice video :)

I have to say that this season is absolutely brilliant, i cant wait to see more of it unfold. As other people have said the scene with the Galactica jumping into the atmosphere, releasing vipers then jumping out again was just awesome.
Theres a technique for everything
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Episode 307 has angered me.

Agathon(Helo) should be put to death.I hate a voice of reason and his stunk.

Helo is now the character I want to see the least of from here on in.

This episode bordered on sucking.

I hope Helo dies...him and his untrustworthy muslim...sorry I mean Cylon wife.I think she detonated the abandoned base ship also.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

S3 E12 boys
AgOnNy
Late onset ADHD
Late onset ADHD
XBL ID: AgOnNy
PSN ID: AgOnNy
Steam ID: AgOnNy

Post by AgOnNy »

Watched it this morning, fucking top episode.
I wonder what they are going to do with Gaius and No 6?
Mightycooper
The Sorrow

Post by Mightycooper »

Just finished watch it, this show just gets better and better. Its the best show that's around bar none
Theres a technique for everything