PSH RIP

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Re: PSH RIP

Post by Cletus »

Please provide several sources to support your opinion. "I reckon" doesn't fly around here, boy.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Yeah, table your White Paper or piss off!
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Madmya wrote:Have you got references to back up what you've said pep? (kidding)

The argument can easily go both ways, and it probably depends on whether you're happy to go without drugs or not. But that kid dying after popping only 3 pills is exactly why it should be illegal. I'm aware that he only took the 3 pills because they were illegal in the first place, but it shows just how dangerous they are. How many toddlers would die from eating pills left lying around by parents? Teens are dumb and make mistakes and imagine the dumb things they'd do if everyone were on drugs. Shit, I've made a tonne of mistakes.

I'd also imagine that relaxing laws is not the same as regulating the drugs.
Madmya no offence but a lot of what you type on this subject shows not a lot of practical knowledge. Not that having little practical knowledge on class A illegal drugs is bad.

It was a young girl who overdosed and died. 'Only 3 pills'. No one other than the stupid hardcore would willingly triple-drop three ecstasy pills. Double-dropping is common among older, experienced and acclimatised users. A 17 year old swallowing three pills at once is a certain overdose + bad outcome. Nothing 'only' about it.

Toddlers eating pills left around by parents. Happens now c/- the myriad of prescription drugs in cabinets and sofa armchairs right now. Many of them as or more powerful than that which is illicit. Bad parenting is its own separate thread.

Teens doing dumb things if everyone was on drugs? Everyone is on drugs. If someone wants to take drugs prohibition is no barrier. Illegal drugs are that easy to come by they may as well be legal and regulated. That's the reality in Australian cities, Brisbane included.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

I think you missed Madmya's point about it only being three pills.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Yep, I think so too. To the young and stupid it is 'only 3 pills'. Inexperienced people wouldn't necessarily flinch at that.

Oh yeah and you're absolutely right, I don't have any experience with drugs. I mean, I only mentioned a few pages back that I didn't know crystal meth and ice were the same thing. I thought I made it clear I'm not well-versed in the scene. And I'm very aware that people fear what they don't know, and there probably is some of that for me, but I just don't understand how you can justify saving a few lives by regulating drugs and so willingly expose so many more people to drugs. To me it seems ignorant and selfish.

I'm usually a fan of personal accountability, but I fear this would affect the young and stupid more than anyone else, i.e. any kids I have.

Teens doing dumb things if everyone was on drugs? Everyone is on drugs. If someone wants to take drugs prohibition is no barrier. Illegal drugs are that easy to come by they may as well be legal and regulated. That's the reality in Australian cities, Brisbane included.
I worded that poorly. I meant teens being macho and daring someone to do this, take this many, slipping pills in other people's drink as a joke, etc. They do stupid shit. It'd be flying around like crazy at teenage parties.

Thanks for letting me know people in Brisbane as well as Australia do drugs though. I wasn't aware after recently walking through West End at night and being told every 3 seconds this guy was now in the future.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

My reply takes what he said literally. It wasn't missed by me his point could be that ecstasy should be illegal because in this instance it only took three pills at once to kill someone, albeit a child, and that any recreational substance with toxicity that high shouldn't be freely available.

I was going to wait to see if Madmya clarified that.

Given I now have I'll continue. If drugs such as ecstasy were regulated so too would their toxicity and supplementary agents many of which in the criminal space are dangerously harmful.

Triple-dosing any psychoactive drug is recklessly dangerous be it legally prescribed or illicit.

If high toxicity is the concern then alcohol rates the top of that list however it remains relatively safe to consume due to regulation. Mind you a triple-shot of high-strength alcohol would and no doubt has fucked many people young and old. Has it killed someone? Probably.

All that's put forward as to why ecstasy should remain illegal is in full play now. Not that their illegality is any hindrance at all to their widespread use and abuse.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Madmya wrote: I thought I made it clear I'm not well-versed in the scene. And I'm very aware that people fear what they don't know, and there probably is some of that for me,
Well I fear what I do know.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

My reply above to mech and you indirectly.
Madmya wrote:I'm usually a fan of personal accountability, but I fear this would affect the young and stupid more than anyone else, i.e. any kids I have.
Which is why acceptance that prohibition isn't working given how fucking rife drugs are is the way forward. Seriously, how prolific are they. Anyone can see it. Accept it, regulate it and further to your concern above, educate young people. Remove the demonising of drug use so if kids do get in trouble they don't freak out and not get help from emergency services, cops, etc. That's my view.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

And I think that might be ok with some drugs but totally will not work with others. I keep going back to meth. It's happening right now. It's widely available. The last thing you want are meth users feeling free to carry and use meth. Utterly disgusting drug and userbase.
Seraph
The only seraph on the internet.
XBL ID: Seraphcon V

Post by Seraph »

May be a minor point, but even if drugs were legal, I can't imagine them being legal for children such as the 17-year-old that Pep refers to.
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I see what you did there.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I think people get confused between legal and decriminalized. They will almost never "legalize" a drug. tobacco and alcohol is where that ends. Even marijuana will only ever be decriminalized at the most. Even the legal drugs are illegal to minors.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Cletus wrote:And I think that might be ok with some drugs but totally will not work with others. I keep going back to meth. It's happening right now. It's widely available. The last thing you want are meth users feeling free to carry and use meth. Utterly disgusting drug and userbase.
Agreed but as you say it's happening anyway. In a decriminalised environment one would hope usual social graces would apply. Just as you don't start lining up Jager shots in a food court so too you're not busting out a pipe and gas lighter.
Lepo5
Kyber Felted
Kyber Felted

Post by Lepo5 »

Social graces keeping meth users in line. Hmmm.
Candy Arse wrote:
Lepo the Legend gave me his pair for free.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

http://au.news.yahoo.com/vic/a/21814538 ... aby-court/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/201 ... baby-death" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just no. No to decriminalising meth. No to leniency. No to even trying to understand what a person is thinking while under the influence of meth.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Meanwhile back in the land of hypocrisy, St Patrick's-get-pissed-day yesterday and my local Prahran awash with drunken fucks. Driving down Chapel where we marvelled at some poor, overweight wretch hunched over a bin vomitting buckets of KFC, drug-induced idiots wearing beer cartons as hats - always endearing. Walking to the gym this morning at 6am the streets are a mess of litter, alcohol boxes and piss. To cap it off I get a call from home just now, apparently another reveller passed out before turning the water off upstaris and our apartment is now pretty seriously water damaged.

Fuck you, alcohol.
Ambrose Burnside
All accusations are unsubstantiated
All accusations are unsubstantiated
XBL ID: AmbroseBurnside
Steam ID: Ambrose Burnside

Post by Ambrose Burnside »

Currently playing: Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition (PC), Far Cry 4 (PC), FIFA 23 (Series X)
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

ouch, Pep.
Madmya
Forum Faggot
Forum Faggot
XBL ID: Madmya
Steam ID: Madmya

Post by Madmya »

Let's not bring functioning users versus abusers into this.
Hercy
Makes poor choices in hats
XBL ID: Hercy

Post by Hercy »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:Meanwhile back in the land of hypocrisy, St Patrick's-get-pissed-day yesterday and my local Prahran awash with drunken fucks. Driving down Chapel where we marvelled at some poor, overweight wretch hunched over a bin vomitting buckets of KFC, drug-induced idiots wearing beer cartons as hats - always endearing. Walking to the gym this morning at 6am the streets are a mess of litter, alcohol boxes and piss. To cap it off I get a call from home just now, apparently another reveller passed out before turning the water off upstaris and our apartment is now pretty seriously water damaged.

Fuck you, alcohol.
:aussie:
Gamma
Dot Eater

Post by Gamma »

I had that happen at one of my places purely because the chick upstairs was an idiot. Went on holidays and left the bathtub running. Sucks, Pep.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Cheers gents. We were extremely lucky this occurred on a day my partner was home on sick leave. She never takes sick leave to here's to the nasty flu that knocked her on her arse. If she wasn't there she wouldn't have alerted upstairs to turn their water off. Turns out one of their pipes burst and was emitting water for around 30-45 mins only. If partner was at work and the water was left to flow it would've been catastrophic. Props to the trashbag who answered the door my parther nearly broke down. He ended up being very sweet. A couple of very good tradies later and plumbing upstairs + our electricity was fixed.

We talked to the owner of the apartment upstairs. Hideous. No empathy and immediately blaming the body corporate. Um, be nice if the body corporate did extend to your pipes under your sink love but no, that would be you.

No damage to gear, just an upcoming dry cleaning bill for minor carpet damp and blinds. Also a few spots of paint and plaster required. Given we all get flooded at some stage we got off pretty light.