PSH RIP

Talk about everything but gaming in here!

Moderators: pilonv1, Juzbuffa

itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Re: PSH RIP

Post by itch »

You can definitely be loaded for a week and not be addicted.

The thing is, addiction is awful. As soon as you are, you want not to be. It's at a time like that that knowing how strong your gear is is paramount.

People say why should you help drug addicts?
beautiful young kids... Now they don't have a dad.
That's why.
-------------------------------------
Peppermint Lounge
The End
XBL ID: peppermintl2k5
Steam ID: peppermintl2k5
EpicGS ID: peppermintl2k5
Battle.net ID: Punchanella#11145

Post by Peppermint Lounge »

Madmya wrote:Really? So it's not stupidly addictive? That's just the impression I was under, you and pep seem a lot more well versed in the drugs scene than I am.
It's just another drug. You'd be surprised to know the number of gainfully employed people who use it recreationally then front up for work Monday morning.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Not to mention, how many people are expected to take oxycontin for a sore back and then just stop?
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

The only safe drug is marijuana. Even that can ruin lives. Even legalising that is a dangerous thing to unleash on society. What we have available is bad enough.

The idea of legalising anything is dangerous. Alcohol and tobacco are death. Heroin addiction is as bad as it always was. The only difference now is that heroin addicts are a preferred evil over the new and far far worse meth addict. But if you ever have a heroin addict in your life, I wonder how understanding you'll be when you live in their destructive wake. Hoffman's only saving grace was that he was gainfully employed and rich. Had he been your average junky, he'd have been a complete nightmare to his wife and children. Seeing a news report gives you no real idea of how bad it is to have one brother addicted to heroin and the other addicted to meth. To have a meth user live across the road. To live in North Melbourne near the chemist that has to dish out methadone. No, regulation is not an answer. And the other unfortunate thing is that almost every addict made the choice to use these drugs when they knew how addictive they are. The addicts themselves are often responsible too. Almost every case of addiction comes from a complete lack of common sense. A choice made that then took away all choice. The thing that kept all of you here from being that addict.

Personally I'd love to see heroin/meth/speed importers, manufacturers and dealers dismembered in public, in front of the families of the addicts they've fed. To dream though.
Last edited by Cletus on 03 Feb 2014 06:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

mech wrote:If only we had regulated heroin and made it more available to people so this one guy didn't die.

Do you think we should regulate meth as well or as long as something is recreational it's fine?

I am skeptical it was as simple as 'this is the exact amount of heroin I like, this will not kill me'. Like most people, I enjoy altering my brain chemistry, and I also know that sometimes exuberance or misjudging the situation gets the better of you. Heroin seems to be something that is particularly easy to misjudge or get fucked by; surely even more of a reason not to allow it.
Yeah of course regulated heroin might not have made a difference to PSH. A passing glance at the guy is enough to determine he was a mess physically. A double-beef burger might've been enough to take him out. The decriminalisation/regulation point stands.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Cletus wrote:The only safe drug in marijuana.
I absolutely agree. Even that I can only abide one or two (tiny) hits a week these days (ruins my sleep).

Even that can ruin lives. Even legalising that is a dangerous thing to unleash on society. What we have available is bad enough.
Here's one huge misconception.

How is marilizing leguana 'unleashing it on society'. It was 'unleashed' on me by local dealers. They didn't check for ID either.
The idea of legalising anything is dangerous.

No it's not.
But if you ever have a heroin addict in your life, I wonder how understanding you'll be when you live in their destructive wake.
Actually it's amazing how similar they are to drunk people. Same rocking gate, same nodding head, same moodiness, same over inflated sense of grandeur. They both cause seizures on withdrawal as well.
Hoffman's only saving grace was that he was gainfully employed and rich. Had he been your average junky, he'd have been a complete nightmare to his wife and children.
Exactly. The best junkies are the empowered ones. If heroin's cheap, no one sells their car to get it.

Personally I'd love to see heroin/meth/speed importers, manufacturers and dealers dismembered in public, in front of the families of the addicts they've fed. To dream though.
Actually it should be the other way around. Illegal to possess, but if you're selling, the only illegal thing should be lying about the strength.

Best of both worlds.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

I've seen plenty of morons who cannot function as a dope smoker. Probably more an indication that they're borderline retards but nevertheless. I don't like to play the pro marijuana hand too much. Dope can cause problems. I've seen it. I don't think they're near the problems I've seen in every other drug. I'm trying to be fair about it though.

And a heroin addict on the nod is a push over - not an issue. Talk to that same person when they're itching for it. Talk to that same person two days later. It's not pretty. The only time they're acceptable is when they're on the nod.

Put a junky behind the wheel. Allow a junky to function in their job as an active junky. Why not? Alcohol is legal but we don't/won't make the same concessions. Thing is an alcoholic can generally get through to lunch time.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

eh.. agree to disagree.

I'd be lying if I said the fate of the Hunger Games didn't occur to me 30 seconds after learning he died.

Catching Fire was bad ass.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

It was rather good. Luckily he wasn't the main character.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Could you imagine if he was?

Katniss, quick use your archery skills!

OK.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Any argument made regarding the conduct of people while loaded on illicit gear is here and now. Alcohol repeatedly inflicts the worst of addiction, death, abuse, misery and suffering and it's legal. We should distinguish between addicts and abusers vs functioning users. People will forever use drugs to amend themselves. Personally I'd rather not ingest 5000 calories or wreck my lungs doing it. Mind you I'm long past the days of party drugs myself. My aversion to legal drugs means I'm down to caffeine and sex. Maybe a whiff of amyl if it's going around.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Nicotine lozenge and a can of coke is me sorted. Occasional huff of marijuana vapour as well, but like with most things less is more.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Coffee and the odd vapour for me. I can't even invest in a cookie or brownie lately because they last too long. Parenthood is nearly upon me.
mech
Phase 3: Profit!

Post by mech »

Peppermint Lounge wrote:Any argument made regarding the conduct of people while loaded on illicit gear is here and now. Alcohol repeatedly inflicts the worst of addiction, death, abuse, misery and suffering and it's legal.
It only does because it's legal and so widespread. Why should we give ourselves even more issues?

So apparently five empty heroin envelopes were found nearby, and two empty ones. Yeah, gee, if only he'd had some mg dosages on the side.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... tment.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mech

Post by mech »

Love that this thread suddenly turned into old men talking about how they can't handle their drugs anymore :lol: :D
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Absolutely cannot.

Least of all acohol. Just makes me restless then ravenously hungry. People talk about weed munchies, what about fucking beer munchies! And for the most perverted foods. French fries with cheese on them? Yes please.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

I'm going to make a drug pyramid of what are in my opinion the worst drugs ever, hopefully I cover everything.

......................................... Speed/Meth
.......................................Benzos & Heroin
..................................Alcohol......&....Tobacco
.............................Hallucinogens..&........Ecstasy

........................M O T H E R.......F U C K I N G..........W E E D
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

(maybe Hoffman was a suicide)

Actually, you know.. 3 empty packets of heroin, maybe they were small? Maybe he'd taken that much over several days? Maybe one of the 'envelopes' was 5 times as strong as the others (happens a lot on the black market).
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

Could you imagine if they went into Amy Winehouse's house and were like

'Investigators found 2 empty bottles of Jager and a full sixer of Kronenberg in the fridge. Commenters have renewed their push to remove alcohol content ratings from all alcoholic beverages.'
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

mech wrote:Love that this thread suddenly turned into old men talking about how they can't handle their drugs anymore :lol: :D
A few months off anything and your tolerance disappears. I'm actually amazed at the tolerance I had for dope until quite recently.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

People with money don't buy singles. They drop a few k and have a sandwich bag o' drugs. Or a few envelopes.
itch
Very Regular Member
Very Regular Member

Post by itch »

A few months off anything and your tolerance disappears. I'm actually amazed at the tolerance I had for dope until quite recently.

Ditto. A nearly invisible bit of weed makes me feel like my body is melting nowadays. It's actually pretty cool, I'm pretty sure that's the way it's supposed to be.

None of this I smoked a gram and I still want more shit.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

PSH RIP

The almost perfect drug IMO is GHB. G is not toxic, performance enhancing, the intoxication is very enjoyable, you retain your appetite, the dose is 2-4ml (taken orally) and you wake up clear as day. 'Almost' perfect because it's easy to over dose and when you do it can get dangerous. Even slightly too much and people can asphyxiate.
Last edited by Peppermint Lounge on 03 Feb 2014 07:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cletus
Hates Everyone Equally
Hates Everyone Equally

Post by Cletus »

Weed is the perfect drug. If there is a perfect drug, that is.
Peppermint Lounge
The End

Nah, wrecks organs and I personally don't like its effects.